Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
taoaracing

Great Thread and topic.

I dont wager much anymore but when I do I usually play Daily Doubles or pick 3,s and occasional Pick 4.

When Im betting a daily double I usually look for a wagering opportunity where I love a median priced horse in one leg say 4-1 up and then also a requirment is that one half of the double be some pathetic non winners or maiden claimers full of 0-20 horses then I make the key My horse with All and wait for the Bomb to explode in the garbage race.

An example of this was a quarter horse night at evangeline downs while I was at the otb I just loved a horse in the first leg of the double he was 5-1 2nd choice in a 12 horse field . The second leg of the double was for maiden claimers going 350 yards and they all where absolutley horrible another 12 horse field . I loaded up $10.00 double my 5/1 shot with/ ALL in the second half . My choice in the first leg won easily , I told my friend 2 minutes before post for the second leg that I was sitting huge cause all the doubles where over $40.00 being the smallest but a 12 horse maiden quarter horse claiming , Ugh well needless to say the BOMBS went off in the second leg 35-1 wins like a champ and the double comes back $753.00 for a $2.00 wager . These are the types of things I look for at the track a big score then dont wager again for 4-6 months , I used to go everyday to wager and the grind got to me , Plus when I started announcing it was better than wagering to me , but good luck at learning its the best sport in the world.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Washington Park

Default Always Save A Buck!

One Rule Is To Always Have Enough For The Last Race. I Cant Tell You How Many Times I Have Been Bailed Out With A Last Race Super! The Racing Gods Will Shine On You.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Let me know when you write a book, I'll buy it!
Couldn't you see it? The companion book to Jane Smiley's "A Year at the Races"-- "A Year at the Windows, Or, How I Lost Money, Got a Lot of Exercise from Walking Around and Got Mad at Belmont for Charging $1.25 for a Lousy Twix Bar (Peanut Butter Flavored)."

Thanks, Spyder; that made my day!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
Couldn't you see it? The companion book to Jane Smiley's "A Year at the Races"-- "A Year at the Windows, Or, How I Lost Money, Got a Lot of Exercise from Walking Around and Got Mad at Belmont for Charging $1.25 for a Lousy Twix Bar (Peanut Butter Flavored)."

Thanks, Spyder; that made my day!
I always get suckered into paying Sbarro $4 a slice out there, and I can never eat just one.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Del Mar

$4 a slice? You can get a whole box of Ellios Pizza, 3 long rectangles of pizza (appx 8 inches long) for $2.50.

Todays the kind of day I feel like going home and put on an entire box of Ellios on, turning off all the lights and watch Vanilla Sky.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I always get suckered into paying Sbarro $4 a slice out there, and I can never eat just one.
Oh, I know! And it's not like Sbarro's is even good pizza! No offense to those who like it, but NYC has some good pizza places, though I still bow down before Chicago's pizza supremacy.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
$4 a slice? You can get a whole box of Ellios Pizza, 3 long rectangles of pizza (appx 8 inches long) for $2.50.

Todays the kind of day I feel like going home and put on an entire box of Ellios on, turning off all the lights and watch Vanilla Sky.
Tombstone is my jumpoff.