Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Les Bois

Default Derby Undercard turf races

Steve,
In 2 of the turf races on Derby undercard, the 2 horses that went off around 10 to 1 and won you had as As. Divisidero and Tepin.

I had both as Cs and keep looking at can't see much more, maybe Divisidero because he was lightly raced.
What did you really like about these 2 horses to make them As?

Were these Thorograph horses?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 05-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by $bill View Post
Steve,
In 2 of the turf races on Derby undercard, the 2 horses that went off around 10 to 1 and won you had as As. Divisidero and Tepin.

I had both as Cs and keep looking at can't see much more, maybe Divisidero because he was lightly raced.
What did you really like about these 2 horses to make them As?

Thanks,
Bill
Bill I'm not answering for Steve but in the case of Tepin it was the way he was working. He worked in tandem with Danzig Moon and it was reported that they were at least equally good. Everyone was raving about Danzig Moon's work, so to me it meant Tepin was sitting on a big race.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Bill I'm not answering for Steve but in the case of Tepin it was the way he was working. He worked in tandem with Danzig Moon and it was reported that they were at least equally good. Everyone was raving about Danzig Moon's work, so to me it meant Tepin was sitting on a big race.
Plus in Tepin's case he looked like he was going to the front making it much more difficult for Leparoux to screw him up.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

He is a she, but yeah she supposedly out worked Danzig Moon.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
thats why i used Tepins, the other horse had a bad ML.

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Flemington

To me, it also looked like they thought Tepin was a quality horse last year and there were hints that she had a bit of class, but she wasn't putting it together.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I didn't use Divisidero, but had Tepin and said why in my writeup:

#3 Tepin is interesting at a price. Her last effort was a big step forward, running a race that doesn't put her far off these, which came off a 217-day layoff. She's been lighting the track on the fire in the mornings and figures to pull a good trip, saving ground in the second flight.

With the scratch of the 10 in that race, it made the trip that much easier for her. Slow early pace, flew home.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by $bill View Post
Steve,

I had both as Cs and keep looking at can't see much more, maybe Divisidero because he was lightly raced. What did you really like about these 2 horses to make them As?

Thanks,
Bill
Bill,

In terms of Thoro-Graph, can say $30 Paganol in the opener was a horse that looked particularly live with a return to the race 2 back.

Given that turf in general is contentious, Tepin and Divisidero started out as viable options the way I saw the races. Divisidero was sure to get a pace to close into and Tepin had every chance to be involved while saving ground. Buff Bradley and Mark Casse had been on ATR in recent months talking about both and I like to reach for horses like these that are progressive. Adding in the strong morning works and their attractive prices and both were ideal 'Best Value' keys. Getting either home would have been great, but both was fortuitous.

Last edited by Kasept : 05-06-2015 at 12:01 PM.