Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Holy Crap Matt (pun intended) you're one tough mofo. I didn't hear one complaint out of you the whole time.

Looking forward to the Taj Mahal buffet description, you were brave to tackle that beast after what you went through.
The line of the week that nobody heard:

As Matt and I were driving back to the hotel from Derby Lane, he suddenly spurts out "I'm not that tired. I could probably go the the Hard Rock Casino right now"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
herkhorse's Avatar
herkhorse herkhorse is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gonesville
Posts: 11,090
Default

That would be the epic superfecta.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
That would be the epic superfecta.
I have never seen a human being fall asleep so fast in my life. Every night...not 2 minutes after his head hits the pillows, he is snoring like crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
herkhorse's Avatar
herkhorse herkhorse is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gonesville
Posts: 11,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
I have never seen a human being fall asleep so fast in my life. Every night...not 2 minutes after his head hits the pillows, he is snoring like crazy.
You should have seen my kids go down on the monorail after 10 hours at Disney today.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Holy Crap Matt (pun intended) you're one tough mofo. I didn't hear one complaint out of you the whole time.

Looking forward to the Taj Mahal buffet description, you were brave to tackle that beast after what you went through.
No kiddin'! Jeez Matt, had no idea!

Awesome times this weekend - Great meeting new friends and seeing old friends,
We've got to make this a yearly pilgrimage!

For those of us that may have missed Saturday, the Deano fist pump:

(my first attempt at an animated GIF in GIMP so if it doesn't work, that's why )

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Heels1989's Avatar
Heels1989 Heels1989 is offline
Oaklawn
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cary NC
Posts: 2,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
No kiddin'! Jeez Matt, had no idea!

Awesome times this weekend - Great meeting new friends and seeing old friends,
We've got to make this a yearly pilgrimage!

For those of us that may have missed Saturday, the Deano fist pump:

(my first attempt at an animated GIF in GIMP so if it doesn't work, that's why )


I thought I saw some impressive performances on the track during our visit, but Matt wins by open lengths.

Simply put, another great great LONG weekend spending time and sharing many many laughs and stories with old friends and new. Trips to Tampa never disappoint. Ready for next year - blind show parleys, triple headers and all.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,407
Default

I'll fool with it later - working great in GIMP preview - just not exporting properly, apparently
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
I thought I saw some impressive performances on the track during our visit, but Matt wins by open lengths.

Simply put, another great great LONG weekend spending time and sharing many many laughs and stories with old friends and new. Trips to Tampa never disappoint. Ready for next year - blind show parleys, triple headers and all.
Absolutely Dave, great see you again
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

I'm happy Matt's timeline has ended before he could get into detail about how much I was bitching and whining about not getting strokes on Friday morning!

I had such a good time Friday and thurs night. Pretty much slept all weekend recovering.

I don't know if I'll ever enter into a show parlay with you folks though... I mean, damn, we were terrible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 AM
MaTH716's Avatar
MaTH716 MaTH716 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 11,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
I'm happy Matt's timeline has ended before he could get into detail about how much I was bitching and whining about not getting strokes on Friday morning!

I had such a good time Friday and thurs night. Pretty much slept all weekend recovering.

I don't know if I'll ever enter into a show parlay with you folks though... I mean, damn, we were terrible.
I have been busy this morning and haven't had a chance to get to it yet......................
__________________
Felix Unger talking to Oscar Madison: "Your horse could finish third by 20 lengths and they still pay you? And you have been losing money for all these years?!"
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I have been busy this morning and haven't had a chance to get to it yet......................
lol. glad to see you made it home safe. Go play some hockey!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Antitrust32 Antitrust32 is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 9,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I have been busy this morning and haven't had a chance to get to it yet......................
Is that BT in your avitar?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 AM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,714
Default

He was bred for snow.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM
MaTH716's Avatar
MaTH716 MaTH716 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 11,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
lol. glad to see you made it home safe. Go play some hockey!
Don't worry, that's all we did since I'm been home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Is that BT in your avitar?
You tell me.
__________________
Felix Unger talking to Oscar Madison: "Your horse could finish third by 20 lengths and they still pay you? And you have been losing money for all these years?!"
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 AM
MaTH716's Avatar
MaTH716 MaTH716 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 11,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
He was bred for snow.
Re-Buff! Re-Buff!
__________________
Felix Unger talking to Oscar Madison: "Your horse could finish third by 20 lengths and they still pay you? And you have been losing money for all these years?!"
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,714
Default

"This horse should be 3-5 against this field!!!"

Fades to 5th...
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
MaTH716's Avatar
MaTH716 MaTH716 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 11,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
"This horse should be 3-5 against this field!!!"

Fades to 5th...
That guy was the ultimate race track douche (If you didn't know better, you would have thought that he was part of our group )
__________________
Felix Unger talking to Oscar Madison: "Your horse could finish third by 20 lengths and they still pay you? And you have been losing money for all these years?!"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Heels1989's Avatar
Heels1989 Heels1989 is offline
Oaklawn
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cary NC
Posts: 2,029
Default

MaTH - jumping ahead a bit, but Saturday nite in the Grunder we meant a blond lady who was WAY into the action at the Meadowlands and Woodbine. She fit our group much better than the plugs she was with. You would have LUVED her.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Fulla Sheets's Avatar
Fulla Sheets Fulla Sheets is offline
Monmouth Park
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
He was bred for snow.
Plus first time Michelins. Golden angle
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
MaTH716's Avatar
MaTH716 MaTH716 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 11,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
MaTH - jumping ahead a bit, but Saturday nite in the Grunder we meant a blond lady who was WAY into the action at the Meadowlands and Woodbine. She fit our group much better than the plugs she was with. You would have LUVED her.
GPK must have been in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla Sheets View Post
Plus first time Michelins. Golden angle
Shouldn't you be in school?
__________________
Felix Unger talking to Oscar Madison: "Your horse could finish third by 20 lengths and they still pay you? And you have been losing money for all these years?!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.