Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-23-2019, 09:05 PM
moses's Avatar
moses moses is offline
Fairgrounds
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
Vekoma was a horse I put on watch list when he won maiden was impressed w time but then someone was talking about his action n that he paddles which could lead to issues. Have u guys heard anything about that?
I haven’t heard anything like that. He just put in another nice workout earlier today.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-25-2019, 12:09 PM
RHT2004 RHT2004 is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,832
Default

I want Code of Honor to bounce back. Tough spot though.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,326
Default

It would be pretty amazing if Global Campaign ran in the Gotham given that he is about the only 3YO in the country NOT nominated to the race.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:37 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
I want Code of Honor to bounce back. Tough spot though.
I really am skeptical about his talent. His maiden win wasn't good. It just surprised us because of his pedigree and trainer that he wired a 6F race. However, it was a gold rail and a slow pace. His Champagne fooled people because he stumbled at the break, which even Shug said may well have turned out to be a blessing, as he was the only one that didn't chase the fast pace.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 PM
RHT2004 RHT2004 is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I really am skeptical about his talent. His maiden win wasn't good. It just surprised us because of his pedigree and trainer that he wired a 6F race. However, it was a gold rail and a slow pace. His Champagne fooled people because he stumbled at the break, which even Shug said may well have turned out to be a blessing, as he was the only one that didn't chase the fast pace.
I petty much agree. I want him to be OK, but not sure anymore.
Friday Mucho returns at Gulfstream and Roadster at Santa Anita. Both in allowance races. Good to see some of these horses coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:03 PM
RHT2004 RHT2004 is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,832
Default

Look out for Tacticus.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:46 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Look out for Tacticus.
He's getting destroyed in the morning by Hidden Scroll. He's a LONG way from being a good horse.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
I petty much agree. I want him to be OK, but not sure anymore.
Friday Mucho returns at Gulfstream and Roadster at Santa Anita. Both in allowance races. Good to see some of these horses coming back.
It will be interesting to see what Mucho can do. He might be pretty good.

I want Code of Honor to be good as well. I always root for Shug.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 AM
RHT2004 RHT2004 is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
He's getting destroyed in the morning by Hidden Scroll. He's a LONG way from being a good horse.
Hidden Scroll is probably pretty special. Wasn't American Pharaoh beating up on Dortmund in the mornings?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM
knickslions2's Avatar
knickslions2 knickslions2 is offline
Keeneland
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Look out for Tacticus.
Win Win Win is the horse to watch in that race. Horse is very fast and last work looked like the horse is ready to roll.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-26-2019, 07:50 PM
moses's Avatar
moses moses is offline
Fairgrounds
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Win Win Win is the horse to watch in that race. Horse is very fast and last work looked like the horse is ready to roll.
I’m a little intrigued by the horse Avie’s Flatter, if he runs. He hasn’t run on dirt yet but his only loss so far is to Fog of War & War of Will, which is nothing to scoff at. Workouts on dirt are encouraging so far...no reason to think he can’t run.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-26-2019, 11:51 PM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I know I’ve seen at least 4 of his 5 races live. I’ll go back and watch some of the replays. I like him. I think he’s still a notch below the top horses. Maybe he’ll continue to improve.
There’s been a lot of talk on social media about his debut race at Saratoga. The talk isn’t about how well He ran though. He ran second to Complexity that day. It’s an interesting race to watch as people are wondering why Irad Ortiz rode a puzzling ride which enabled Jose to get a nice clear path up the inside on the backstretch. On the head-on He obviously looks over to see where jose is with the well meant firster they are trying to get to the BC Juvinelle with, instead of easing over. Dylan Davis who is outside of Irad is forcing him in but he uses all his strength to keep the path open. It’s almost like Davis is saying wtf are you doing ? The fact that Harvey whipped the rest of them that weren’t assisted makes his run even more impressive.
__________________
“Hey,If crazy’s what you want, there’s way to much to miss, at the festival. “. -Bob Weir
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:38 AM
RHT2004 RHT2004 is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
There’s been a lot of talk on social media about his debut race at Saratoga. The talk isn’t about how well He ran though. He ran second to Complexity that day. It’s an interesting race to watch as people are wondering why Irad Ortiz rode a puzzling ride which enabled Jose to get a nice clear path up the inside on the backstretch. On the head-on He obviously looks over to see where jose is with the well meant firster they are trying to get to the BC Juvinelle with, instead of easing over. Dylan Davis who is outside of Irad is forcing him in but he uses all his strength to keep the path open. It’s almost like Davis is saying wtf are you doing ? The fact that Harvey whipped the rest of them that weren’t assisted makes his run even more impressive.
Jesus
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Hickory Hill Hoff's Avatar
Hickory Hill Hoff Hickory Hill Hoff is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: the "Sand Flats"
Posts: 6,856
Default

At this point, the three year old group looks mediocre at best. Although, Bafffert has the leading hand so far.
__________________
"Change can be good, but constant change shows no direction"

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-27-2019, 10:49 AM
knickslions2's Avatar
knickslions2 knickslions2 is offline
Keeneland
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
At this point, the three year old group looks mediocre at best. Although, Bafffert has the leading hand so far.
I have to disagree with you on that for now. The next 2-3 weeks will show us more. There are quite a few good horses going to be running with a lot of potential. I may change my opinion after that but for now expecting a very competitive 3 year old season.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Jesus
Well Joe why don’t you watch the replay and tell us what really happened in the race since you know everything . Watch the pan, then the head on. 9/3/18 race 3
__________________
“Hey,If crazy’s what you want, there’s way to much to miss, at the festival. “. -Bob Weir
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
At this point, the three year old group looks mediocre at best. Although, Bafffert has the leading hand so far.
I think it looks outstanding. There is a ton of talent. I think Mott likes the cards he’s holding. I don’t really like any of the Bafferts.
__________________
“Hey,If crazy’s what you want, there’s way to much to miss, at the festival. “. -Bob Weir
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:29 PM
blackthroatedwind blackthroatedwind is offline
Jerome Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,326
Default

Bill Mott just threw up.
__________________
Just more nebulous nonsense from BBB
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:47 PM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Bill Mott just threw up.
I laughed out loud.

It’s kind of like when I love a hoss and someone says Surly picks him on top. Funny thing is, it used to be because it would hurt the price, now it’s because he probably is gonna get beat.
__________________
“Hey,If crazy’s what you want, there’s way to much to miss, at the festival. “. -Bob Weir
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:54 AM
Kasept's Avatar
Kasept Kasept is offline
Steve Byk
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich, NY
Posts: 36,007
Default

Game Winner & Improbable to Rebel which would split in to two $750,000 races if 20 or more enter..

Normally a 50-20-10-5 Derby point event, a split would award 37.5-15-7.5-3.5 to the super finishers..
__________________
All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind. -- Joseph Conrad
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.