Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2019, 07:23 PM
declansharbor's Avatar
declansharbor declansharbor is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exit 30
Posts: 6,365
Default Possible Play Backs

Watching replays of Gulfstreamís races since beginning of March, I feel as if this could yield some nice betting opportunities in the future when these horses run back.

3-1-19 Race 1

The 4, Britesideoftheroad, was loaded in the stretch, and was the unfortunate recipient of some late bumper car action when he tried to slip through the rail. The other day couldíve been the time to have her (12-1), but this one is certainly worth a long look of they keep her at the 20k claiming level for 3 yr olds.

https://youtu.be/I9W3fWv6Mbo
__________________
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2019, 07:50 PM
declansharbor's Avatar
declansharbor declansharbor is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exit 30
Posts: 6,365
Default

Not trip related but MAN, in race 4 on March 1st, the 6 Starship Taxi sure looked to hit the wire before the 1, Sky Point, but the photo (iíll Be looking it up shortly) goes to the 1. The 1 that was SOMEHOW only 6-1. Horse looked 20-1+ on paper.

And NO, I wonít beat this drum like Bama does the Songbird photo LMAO
__________________
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2019, 10:25 PM
moses's Avatar
moses moses is offline
Fairgrounds
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Not trip related but MAN, in race 4 on March 1st, the 6 Starship Taxi sure looked to hit the wire before the 1, Sky Point, but the photo (iíll Be looking it up shortly) goes to the 1. The 1 that was SOMEHOW only 6-1. Horse looked 20-1+ on paper.

And NO, I wonít beat this drum like Bama does the Songbird photo LMAO
Iíll have to take another look. I hit 3 of 4 on the early Pick 4 and the one race I lost was that one (I had the 6), but I remember it looking like the 1 nosed him. Is there somewhere you can see the actual photo of the finish?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2019, 06:17 AM
herkhorse's Avatar
herkhorse herkhorse is offline
Keeneland
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vernon Downs
Posts: 10,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Watching replays of Gulfstreamís races since beginning of March, I feel as if this could yield some nice betting opportunities in the future when these horses run back.

3-1-19 Race 1

The 4, Britesideoftheroad, was loaded in the stretch, and was the unfortunate recipient of some late bumper car action when he tried to slip through the rail. The other day couldíve been the time to have her (12-1), but this one is certainly worth a long look of they keep her at the 20k claiming level for 3 yr olds.

https://youtu.be/I9W3fWv6Mbo
I used that horse in a contest, the problem is we're not getting 14-1 next time. I thought the 1 was going to get dq'd
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 PM
declansharbor's Avatar
declansharbor declansharbor is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exit 30
Posts: 6,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Iíll have to take another look. I hit 3 of 4 on the early Pick 4 and the one race I lost was that one (I had the 6), but I remember it looking like the 1 nosed him. Is there somewhere you can see the actual photo of the finish?
Unless Iím a complete dolt (highly possible), I couldnít find the photo finishes portion on their website. Found everything BUT that ha.
__________________
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2019, 06:31 PM
declansharbor's Avatar
declansharbor declansharbor is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exit 30
Posts: 6,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I used that horse in a contest, the problem is we're not getting 14-1 next time. I thought the 1 was going to get dq'd
Yea, we can kiss double digit odds goodbye for SURE. Hell, probably wonít even pay $10 next out if she wins.

Tonight once I put my daughter to bed Iím going to jump back into watching replays. I WILL give Gulfstream props for that, their YouTube channel is great for replays. Not NYRA good, but helpful nonetheless.

Good luck this week and beyond, herk!
__________________
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2019, 06:51 PM
moses's Avatar
moses moses is offline
Fairgrounds
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Yea, we can kiss double digit odds goodbye for SURE. Hell, probably wonít even pay $10 next out if she wins.

Tonight once I put my daughter to bed Iím going to jump back into watching replays. I WILL give Gulfstream props for that, their YouTube channel is great for replays. Not NYRA good, but helpful nonetheless.

Good luck this week and beyond, herk!
I wish every track had replays available.

Gulfstreamís site has a link for photo finishes. But the link is dead.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,829
Default

Hy Riverside in the 10th at Gulfstream yesterday. Looked to be following the eventual winner as they headed into the turn. Got stuck behind tiring pacesetter and lost all momentum while making his move. Shuffled back to last, then circled the field and put in a decent late run to get 5th beaten a few lengths.

Was his first start in 8 months and considering the trouble I thought he ran well. Will see where he ends up next.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:05 AM
declansharbor's Avatar
declansharbor declansharbor is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exit 30
Posts: 6,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Watching replays of Gulfstreamís races since beginning of March, I feel as if this could yield some nice betting opportunities in the future when these horses run back.

3-1-19 Race 1

The 4, Britesideoftheroad, was loaded in the stretch, and was the unfortunate recipient of some late bumper car action when he tried to slip through the rail. The other day couldíve been the time to have her (12-1), but this one is certainly worth a long look of they keep her at the 20k claiming level for 3 yr olds.

https://youtu.be/I9W3fWv6Mbo

This horse won a week ago today once they spotted her back in the claiming ranks after two tries in Starter Optional Claiming races. Popped at 12-1 with Edgar Prado aboard.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...19&cy=USA&rn=9
__________________
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,253
Default

Why didnít you post it a week ago, genius ?
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:39 AM
declansharbor's Avatar
declansharbor declansharbor is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exit 30
Posts: 6,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Why didnít you post it a week ago, genius ?
Because I just checked this thread bc Da Hoss posted in it a few days ago, so i went back to check on the original horse I posted about.

I've admittedly fell off the horse racing map for a while. Didnt play much at all leading up to Derby. Took my Oaks winnings, lost some of it back on Derby day, and walked a slight winner after donation.

I'll be sure to be back firing away for Belmont Day card!
__________________
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,253
Default

On Saturday in the 6th race look for The one hoss to make amends with Santana back aboard after Leparoux debacle last time.
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 05-18-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,253
Default Sat late pick 5

Ends on the Preakness .Free square to start with the Wesley Ward 6 hoss who will be even to a stick.
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:09 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Ends on the Preakness .Free square to start with the Wesley Ward 6 hoss who will be even to a stick.
Any chance you can leave this thread to trip horses/play backs?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:15 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Any chance you can leave this thread to trip horses/play backs?
Sorry I thought since it was a free square, it would be prudent to post in a thread started by the all knowing and powerful Dahoss. Jo Jo Air canít lose.
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:21 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Sorry I thought since it was a free square, it would be prudent to post in a thread started by the all knowing and powerful Dahoss. Jo Jo Air canít lose.
I didnít start the thread. But who wants to read your nonsense (anywhere really) in a thread about trips/playbacks?

Youíre welcome for Everlasting Secret by the way.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:33 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I didnít start the thread. But who wants to read your nonsense (anywhere really) in a thread about trips/playbacks?

Youíre welcome for Everlasting Secret by the way.
Never saw that you liked him too till last night.
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Never saw that you liked him too till last night.
LOL yeah okay.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Alabama Stakes's Avatar
Alabama Stakes Alabama Stakes is offline
Arlington Park
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: suffolk downs
Posts: 4,253
Default

Woulda bet more if I knew you liked him obviously.....
__________________
RIP Marylou Whitney. Few did so much for so many.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Newmarket
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Sorry I thought since it was a free square, it would be prudent to post in a thread started by the all knowing and powerful Dahoss. Jo Jo Air canít lose.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.