Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Game Stop in Clearwater said no dice - it isn't supposed to ship until tomorrow and I had to pluck down 5 beans in advance just to get them to ship one to the store...Should have it by Friday
For PS3?

Interested to hear your review.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Goodwood

If y'all were to mod your consoles, you'd be able to download and play any games, even those not for the U.S. market.

Just sayin.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
For PS3?

Interested to hear your review.
Yup - PS3... Pretty good videos on Youtube - looks like the G1 Jockey engine with the obvious graphic and playability improvements - looks like they have included Belmont and Churchill (called Hempstead and Louisville)
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Louisiana Downs

This game actually looks pretty good so long as I dont have to use the stupid motion control stuff and can play with a normal ps3 controller.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Flemington

Gamestop at the mall had no idea about any horse racing game (even coming out). But then again, they were too occupied with the hoardes of people coming in today to get Call Of Duty.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Gamestop at the mall had no idea about any horse racing game (even coming out). But then again, they were too occupied with the hoardes of people coming in today to get Call Of Duty.
I pre ordered it today. It does not actually ship till today. They said I will have a copy within the next 2 days.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Yup - PS3... Pretty good videos on Youtube - looks like the G1 Jockey engine with the obvious graphic and playability improvements - looks like they have included Belmont and Churchill (called Hempstead and Louisville)
Your version will be a lot better then my WI version. I have the 360 but they wont release it for 360 here.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Fairgrounds

I ordered online for PS3. None of the local Gamestop stores have it.

It's supposed to work with the normal controller.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
That was the same thing I saw at a Gamestop in Pennsylvania. It was all about Call of Duty.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
That was the same thing I saw at a Gamestop in Pennsylvania. It was all about Call of Duty.

MW3 is insane.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Yearling

Pre-ordered my copy on Amazon and I am supposed to receive it today. I have loved all the PS2 Gallop racers and G1 Jockeys, and this is supposed to be a blending of the 2 (I read it is 90% G1, 10% Gallop Racer). The G1 Jockey that was for PS3 (G1 Jockey 2008) was pretty good, but the controls were abysmal. I have heard that the controls are much better on this one on the standard controller. I'll post my thoughts after I have played for a little while.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Flemington

OK for the Wii. I have an old PS2 with the G1 game and somehow its almost the exact same thing. Graphics are good enough for the Wii. Lots of things to do including challenges.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Belmont Park

Meh..... exponentially better than the ps2 G1 Jockey but the graphics are pretty lame for what you'd expect ... All of the grandstands look the same, and there are palm trees on the infield of "Hempstead". Haven't really dug into it, just had a few moments to run a couple of free races... The controls are great - you can configure the std PS3 controller in 3 different formats so if you're used to G1 Jock you can get pretty close to it.... Dunno, it just has the feel of one of those games that will be available everywhere for 19.99 by January - I'd wait, personally...
Old 11-12-2011, 12:58 PM
helicopter11

A few years ago there was a Breeders Cup World Championship video game for PS2. Highly anticipated but dissapointed many people. Basicaly you could only whip your horse when instructed on screen.

There is actually a free horse racing PC game that is pretty good called Horse Racing Fantasy 3.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
A few years ago there was a Breeders Cup World Championship video game for PS2. Highly anticipated but dissapointed many people. Basicaly you could only whip your horse when instructed on screen.

There is actually a free horse racing PC game that is pretty good called Horse Racing Fantasy 3.
THe free horse racing computer game is garbage, but a bit addicting. Its really not free either. If you want to do anything you have to pay for it. I have spent over $100 on my phone to play the game. You can only move your horse period. I have bought over 100 prebuilt races for it, they are real life races with real horses. Its sucks, and I have not used it in a few months. For a while I would play it all day at work. This new G1 game lets you do everything. Change leads, hard drive, whip... Its very very detailed. If anyone has it for WII Ill play you online. I have never used my WII online, but it says it has the option.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:09 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
THe free horse racing computer game is garbage, but a bit addicting. Its really not free either. If you want to do anything you have to pay for it. I have spent over $100 on my phone to play the game. You can only move your horse period. I have bought over 100 prebuilt races for it, they are real life races with real horses. Its sucks, and I have not used it in a few months. For a while I would play it all day at work. This new G1 game lets you do everything. Change leads, hard drive, whip... Its very very detailed. If anyone has it for WII Ill play you online. I have never used my WII online, but it says it has the option.
What type of work allows you to play horse racing games all day? HF3 is good because its free plus I kinda like the 9 camera angles you can choose from.

I got my Champion Jockey copy today at Game Stop and cant wait to play this tonight.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
What type of work allows you to play horse racing games all day? HF3 is good because its free plus I kinda like the 9 camera angles you can choose from.

I got my Champion Jockey copy today at Game Stop and cant wait to play this tonight.
What system?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:13 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
What system?
PS3.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Can you create and edit horses like the Madden games allow you to?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Meh..... exponentially better than the ps2 G1 Jockey but the graphics are pretty lame for what you'd expect ... All of the grandstands look the same, and there are palm trees on the infield of "Hempstead". Haven't really dug into it, just had a few moments to run a couple of free races... The controls are great - you can configure the std PS3 controller in 3 different formats so if you're used to G1 Jock you can get pretty close to it.... Dunno, it just has the feel of one of those games that will be available everywhere for 19.99 by January - I'd wait, personally...
Thank you for the advice, I'll take you up on that.

I'm having too much fun with FIFA 12 right now anyway.