Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Del Mar

Default 10 Days of FESTIVUS CHALLENGE Tampa Bay

Got this email from TB on this contest..

Tampa Bay Downs unveils a holiday tradition all its own with the introduction of the “10 Days of FESTIVUS CHALLENGE,” an online handicapping contest offering a $1,000 cash Grand Prize to the overall winner and total prize money of $2,400.

In addition to a second overall prize of $300 and a third overall prize of $100, players will compete for a daily prize of $100.

Entry in the FESTIVUS CHALLENGE is free and all wagers are mythical. The contest runs over the 10 days of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs from Dec. 3-21, 2014. Challege participants are required to make mythical win-place-show wagers on their selections each day of FESTIVUS. Online registration for the "10 Days of FESTIVUS CHALLENGE" is available now at www.festivuschallenge.com.

Went thru the sign-up process and couldn't find way to ENTER
or to advance...please someone figure it out for me

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Jerome Park

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55762
Old 11-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
..ok...i forgotHowever i still have problem registering..on the register page fill in the info but there is no submit button that i could find...could you please help

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Jerome Park

Click "Register" tab...

Then Submit
Old 11-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Click "Register" tab...

Then Submit
I..on register page fill in name rank serial# etc..but no where is there a submit or register tab...they don't want me to enter, they are afraid i might win

Old 11-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Del Mar

Never mind...problem was with I.E...My default is chrome but couldn't get it up last few days...just got it working and the register page was complete and i got in...IE was only 1 page...i better win something or i'll be

Old 11-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
Never mind...problem was with I.E...My default is chrome but couldn't get it up last few days..just got it working and the register page was complete and i got in...IE was only 1 page...i better win something or i'll be
No comment
Old 12-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Jerome Park

This thing starts tomorrow but they still only have a "register" page up.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
This thing starts tomorrow but they still only have a "register" page up.
This is a pain in the a.s.s to get to, but i got to the entry screen. Go to Rules, then at the bottom right side of the screen where it says "powered by" click there. The you log in if you haven't already, it brings up i think an Aqueduct race. But if you click on Festivus it brings up the screen for tomorrow's Tampa races.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
This is a pain in the a.s.s to get to, but i got to the entry screen. Go to Rules, then at the bottom right side of the screen where it says "powered by" click there. The you log in if you haven't already, it brings up i think an Aqueduct race. But if you click on Festivus it brings up the screen for tomorrow's Tampa races.

Somehow, it worked! Brilliant. But, how in the world did you discover this?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyB View Post
Somehow, it worked! Brilliant. But, how in the world did you discover this?
Kept clicking and scrolling, it works sometimes lol!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Kept clicking and scrolling, it works sometimes lol!
Hahahaha! I bet not many figure that out.. Wow.. Pretty sad of the site to not have an easy log in. Will be interesting to see how many get to play because of this glitch.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Hahahaha! I bet not many figure that out.. Wow.. Pretty sad of the site to not have an easy log in. Will be interesting to see how many get to play because of this glitch.

Hope we here are the only ones to play...we might have a shot at winning something.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Randwyck

sounds good if we are
Old 12-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Woodbine

Spent over 45 minutes trying to make a selection the #8 in the 8th I believe was my first choice and then just to select something for a hundred to stay eligible---- the #1 in the first.

Through trial and error i found i could not select the first or the last horse in any race

finally I got $100 wagered and will be eligible the next day of racing friday because you must wager $100 and you must wager everyday of the contest

click on the FAQ. Its written in Italian , I believe
Old 12-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzan200246 View Post
sounds good if we are
As long as I beat you I will be happy
Old 12-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Del Mar

Default Wed. 12/3

Race 2-$20 W #6 HEADSTONE
Race 4-$10WP#9 STARSHIP SILVERADO
Race 8-$20 WP#9 NATIONAL
Race 9-$20 W #6 ANNAMONARCOS

Good Luck All!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

Followed your instr and had to hit festivus 3 times before tampa came up..
Didn't try to navigate beyond 1st race, figured i'd get lost...geez, i hate this contest already...anyway, threw a dart..thanks for the help Mike..

12/3

Race # 1 #4 $100 win

Old 12-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Jerome Park

R1) $10 Win/$10 Place ~ #3 Magical Cat
R4) $20 Win / $10 Place ~ #4 Eltham
R8) $50 Win ~ #8 Collin's Smile
Old 12-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Oriental Park

A caution to all. I think that it's important to check for scratches, especially if you post your picks early.

Their scratch rule is somewhat unusual and ties in to the "you must bet your $100 or be disqualified" rule.

Here's the provision concerning scratches:

"Selection scratches: If your selection is scratched at any time before 0 minutes to post, you may make another selection. No changes may be made after that point. If your horse is scratched and you do not make another selection, you are credited for the mythical dollars, but players must be aware they need to make a bet on another race to utilize their entire $100 bankroll. Exception: if the player chooses a horse in the last race that is a late scratch after the cutoff time has expired, the player is given the post time favorite."

So, if your pick in the next to last race is a late scratch and you have had to do something associated with real living, you get disqualified for failing to wager your full $100. Who comes up with these chicken**** rules?