Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
How many DT members ended up coming out to California? Did everyone have a good time?
As Brockguy would say.

Brilliant, grand time had by all.

Nothing like stepping into a dive bar Saturday night, with a mexican playing the blues, smoking allowed despite being Cali, Barkley Tagg having a cocktail, a host of foreign jocks playing pool and a guy wearing a suit with a paddock pass, with everyone in the bar knowing he's pretending to be someone sweating profusely underneath his suitcoat.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:38 AM
The Curragh

Well, thats two continents, two cups, both myself and brockguy have been to both and yet we're still yet to meet.

The Melbourne Cup a complete anti climax compared to the BC and after landing in Melbourne at 9.15am, it was a big rush to get there even for the third, but to say I've done the double is enough to make it worth while!

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Hialeah Park

I saw Shug at BJ's Brewery on Sat after the races
Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
As Brockguy would say.

Brilliant, grand time had by all.

Nothing like stepping into a dive bar Saturday night, with a mexican playing the blues, smoking allowed despite being Cali, Barkley Tagg having a cocktail, a host of foreign jocks playing pool and a guy wearing a suit with a paddock pass, with everyone in the bar knowing he's pretending to be someone sweating profusely underneath his suitcoat.
the dirtbag trinniburg call was one for the ages.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance View Post
Well, thats two continents, two cups, both myself and brockguy have been to both and yet we're still yet to meet.

The Melbourne Cup a complete anti climax compared to the BC and after landing in Melbourne at 9.15am, it was a big rush to get there even for the third, but to say I've done the double is enough to make it worth while!
Okay, which one is you among these photos?

http://thechive.com/2012/11/07/the-m...ale-36-photos/
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Okay, which one is you among these photos?

http://thechive.com/2012/11/07/the-m...ale-36-photos/
I'd never behave like that.......... at the races anyway.

The after party in town was a different story.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Santa Anita

My trip in very quick summary form.

I enjoyed California for 3 weeks before the breeders cup - the women are really lovely here, if someone can get me an actuary job, ill take it in a second!

Breeders Cup Friday - I bumped into our very own racing celeb Steve Byk and his lovely wife Tina - got a photo with him!

Told the big posse I was with that Flotilla was a great bet - I think one of the guys won a few grand as a result - in fact if you watch the replay you can actually see me going crazy in the infield just under the big screen.

I met the other big racing celeb and fellow European Jeremy Edge - I got a photo with him.

Saturday was a very warm day - thank god someone brought suncream or I'd have been like a lobster.

It was very much an up and down day, had a few nice winners like Trinniberg and Fort Larned but had some tough losses in the Turf and Juvenile - and just before the juvenile I was thrown into a photo with Paul Reddam whose horse nearly gave me a super payoff!

Judy Courtland (as mentioned on another thread!) spotted me in the crowd before the last race and I had to get a photo with her - lovely girl.

Right at the end, I managed to have a nice chat with Christina Olivares and got my photo with her as well - lovely girl.

I jumped on a flight Saturday night from LAX straight to Melbourne - It was a long old way for a horse racing but well worth it.

Melbourne Cup day was absolutely epic, such a super day - 105k at it. I was there with the mother and plenty of relations - we all backed Dunaden who disappointed greatly and Jakkalberry who ran a belter at 80-1 so everyone of us, without exception won plenty of cash and we had a brilliant night.

We went again on Thursday for Oaks day which is ladies day and was a gorgeous day - the spring carnival in Melbourne is absolutely fantastic.

#Grand
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy View Post
My trip in very quick summary form.

I enjoyed California for 3 weeks before the breeders cup - the women are really lovely here, if someone can get me an actuary job, ill take it in a second!

Breeders Cup Friday - I bumped into our very own racing celeb Steve Byk and his lovely wife Tina - got a photo with him!

Told the big posse I was with that Flotilla was a great bet - I think one of the guys won a few grand as a result - in fact if you watch the replay you can actually see me going crazy in the infield just under the big screen.

I met the other big racing celeb and fellow European Jeremy Edge - I got a photo with him.

Saturday was a very warm day - thank god someone brought suncream or I'd have been like a lobster.

It was very much an up and down day, had a few nice winners like Trinniberg and Fort Larned but had some tough losses in the Turf and Juvenile - and just before the juvenile I was thrown into a photo with Paul Reddam whose horse nearly gave me a super payoff!

Judy Courtland (as mentioned on another thread!) spotted me in the crowd before the last race and I had to get a photo with her - lovely girl.

Right at the end, I managed to have a nice chat with Christina Olivares and got my photo with her as well - lovely girl.

I jumped on a flight Saturday night from LAX straight to Melbourne - It was a long old way for a horse racing but well worth it.

Melbourne Cup day was absolutely epic, such a super day - 105k at it. I was there with the mother and plenty of relations - we all backed Dunaden who disappointed greatly and Jakkalberry who ran a belter at 80-1 so everyone of us, without exception won plenty of cash and we had a brilliant night.

We went again on Thursday for Oaks day which is ladies day and was a gorgeous day - the spring carnival in Melbourne is absolutely fantastic.
I'm glad someone made some cash at the BC, I bet one winner over two days and my (over the top) bet on Animal Kingdom cut deep, that horror run will replay in my mind for years to come.

One day...... somewhere in the world, we may actually bump into eachother.

I may have a crack at Leopardstown some time over christmas, or possibly Limerick.

Will you be going back to SA next year? I think I've already locked it in.