Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Sure. It’s an easy bet for you because you know I’m a nice guy and won’t make anything negative for you. You’d have a field day with mine. It’s a bet.
Cool...I’m open other other bets that aren’t as easy for me. Let me know.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:57 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Cool...I’m open other other bets that aren’t as easy for me. Let me know.
$100 bet. We can go through Steve since I’m sure we don’t trust each other. To put it even more in your favor, how about we make it harder for me to win. If both Swiss Skydiver AND Venetian Harbor don’t win, I’ll pay you $100. If both do, you pay me $150. Of course, if either doesn’t start or if a rider falls off, bet is cancelled.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-09-2020, 01:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
$100 bet. We can go through Steve since I’m sure we don’t trust each other. To put it even more in your favor, how about we make it harder for me to win. If both Swiss Skydiver AND Venetian Harbor don’t win, I’ll pay you $100. If both do, you pay me $150. Of course, if either doesn’t start or if a rider falls off, bet is cancelled.
Deal
Old 07-09-2020, 02:16 PM
Longchamps

We have some gambling there fellows!! Swiss is going to have to be real good to win this one imo.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Deal
To close the awesome first set.

A scorching one today at noon on Sirius 23 Grateful Dead channel from 10/25/89 Miami.
Bob even made it through stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again clean.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
$100 bet. We can go through Steve since I’m sure we don’t trust each other.
I can't speak for Dahoss, though my sense is that he would agree, but I can't think of a person here that I don't know personally that I would trust more than you to pay.

Steve, on the other hand, is a bit shady.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:44 PM
Oriental Park

Trying to understand why Jolie Olimpica is the 2nd choice and 5/2. I know she’s good on turf but she’s never gone this distance, pace scenario does not seem to benefit her, and there is at least a case to be made for some of the others over her.

Or am I overthinking and Rushing Fall is an easy winner here?
Old 07-09-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I can't speak for Dahoss, though my sense is that he would agree, but I can't think of a person here that I don't know personally that I would trust more than you to pay.

You were option B lol
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 07-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Deal
If you play this right, you could literally not lose. Excellent bet on your part.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Trying to understand why Jolie Olimpica is the 2nd choice and 5/2. I know she’s good on turf but she’s never gone this distance, pace scenario does not seem to benefit her, and there is at least a case to be made for some of the others over her.

Or am I overthinking and Rushing Fall is an easy winner here?
That’s a fantastic race. I doubt Jolie ends up going off 2nd choice. Bad line IMO. She’s good and she’s got a big reputation but Toinette should be 2nd choice.

I have a ton of respect for Rushing Fall but I don’t like her Saturday. She had everything go her way last time and I don’t see that happening here. I’m using Juliet Foxtrot, who should’ve gotten a lot out of her last, Toinette and Altea. Altea is a bit of a chase on my part as l’ve bet her the last three times and she should’ve won last time. She’s a notch below the best in here but is due for some luck. We both are
Old 07-09-2020, 08:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post

A bit?

Old 07-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
That’s a fantastic race. I doubt Jolie ends up going off 2nd choice. Bad line IMO. She’s good and she’s got a big reputation but Toinette should be 2nd choice.

I have a ton of respect for Rushing Fall but I don’t like her Saturday. She had everything go her way last time and I don’t see that happening here. I’m using Juliet Foxtrot, who should’ve gotten a lot out of her last, Toinette and Altea. Altea is a bit of a chase on my part as l’ve bet her the last three times and she should’ve won last time. She’s a notch below the best in here but is due for some luck. We both are
I can’t ignore Rushing Fall but like Juliet Foxtrot and Toinette as well. I tried to talk myself into Altea and Mucho Unusual but not sure I can.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:04 PM
Oriental Park

I don’t remember if this was discussed on the board...and I know it’s very common for people to incorrectly claim a golden rail, but did rail/inside horses have an advantage on FL Derby day? Shivaree at 80-1, Identifier at 60-1, Just Whistle at 24-1, Swiss Skydiver at 9-1, Bajan Girl at above 100-1, Wind of Change at 9-1, Yorkton at 20-1 all got inside trips and outran their odds, some hitting career best Beyers. A few did not run very well the next time out.

Obviously Swiss Skydiver has acquitted herself and a horse like Yorkton is pretty nice...but I’m trying to figure out if a horse like Shivaree is worth consideration given what looks like a bit of a bias in his biggest race and the likely pace scenario in the Bluegrass, he seems like a toss from exotics unless the track ends up being favorable conditions for him tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:55 PM

Your money will be on the way soon.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:36 PM
Oriental Park

If you want to see track records broken at Keeneland I guess they need to move the meet permanently to July.

Four track or course records set today and the Blue Grass and Madison were just a tick off the 9f and 7f marks respectively. Also a 2yo maiden and an allowance horse were each about a second off the track records for 6f and 6.5f.

Or did they install new surfaces and there were no prior records?
Old 07-12-2020, 07:48 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Your money will be on the way soon.
For the record, King Glorious is a stand up guy. We agreed upon a place to donate the bet money and he made the donation last night.

Without getting too preachy, I understand these are tough times for everyone but if you have the means there are a lot of very worthy horse related places that could use the help.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:36 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
For the record, King Glorious is a stand up guy. We agreed upon a place to donate the bet money and he made the donation last night.

Without getting too preachy, I understand these are tough times for everyone but if you have the means there are a lot of very worthy horse related places that could use the help.
I have a pay pal account that is as worthy any. Shall I dm the details?
Old 07-12-2020, 02:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I have a pay pal account that is as worthy any. Shall I dm the details?
I’m sure you got your PPP Cheese. $RINO
Old 07-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I’m sure you got your PPP Cheese. $RINO
Making America Great one check at a time
Old 07-13-2020, 03:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Freddymo Factor