Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Santa Anita

Oregon passing Boise State in the polls was a joke of astronimical proportions. Kellen Moore was a freshman, he walks into Autszen Stadium and beats Oregon. Kellen Moore was a sophomore, Oregon goes to the blue turf and suffers a beat down of astronomical proportions. Now that Kellen Moore is a junior, people really think Oregon is better than Boise State, enough to pass them in the polls, really?? It is impossible for me to think boise wouldn't put up 45 to 55 on Oregon this year. I'm guessing Boise State number 1 has a lot to do with recent Oregon State wins over Arizona and Va Tech wins over NC State. Oregon over Boise in the polls is a disgrace however.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Oregon passing Boise State in the polls was a joke of astronimical proportions. Kellen Moore was a freshman, he walks into Autszen Stadium and beats Oregon. Kellen Moore was a sophomore, Oregon goes to the blue turf and suffers a beat down of astronomical proportions. Now that Kellen Moore is a junior, people really think Oregon is better than Boise State, enough to pass them in the polls, really?? It is impossible for me to think boise wouldn't put up 45 to 55 on Oregon this year. I'm guessing Boise State number 1 has a lot to do with recent Oregon State wins over Arizona and Va Tech wins over NC State. Oregon over Boise in the polls is a disgrace however.
The entire thing is a joke. Put the 8 best teams on the field in a playoff and decide the champion on the field, plus it would make 10x the money that they are getting with the stupid BCS-bowl system.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Saratoga

Oh bull fucl<.

The best scenario was before this bcs glitz with no substance.

Rank them one more time after the bowls ..and that's it.Really,this stuff is nonsense.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
The entire thing is a joke. Put the 8 best teams on the field in a playoff and decide the champion on the field, plus it would make 10x the money that they are getting with the stupid BCS-bowl system.
I'd prefer 16 like in division 1-AA (or whatever they call it now), 2, and 3, but 8 is fine too. In the end, you really need to have an undefeated SEC team to not make the championship game to completely blow the system up. Not sure if that will ever happen.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Oh bull fucl<.

The best scenario was before this bcs glitz with no substance.

Rank them one more time after the bowls ..and that's it.Really,this stuff is nonsense.
No. Paterno has had 4 unbeaten/untied teams that weren't National Champions. It's always been a joke. Still is.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Saratoga

HC..there is no guarantee those teams would have made the bcs mess...especially with the inclusion of the great electronic wizz bangs who can rank one team 23rd and the same team can be ranked by another as 5th.

StatePenn was playing their usual nobody schedule back in those days.

But at least the AP schizmed off and you can still be a champion and not be in the "nc game."

Has happened.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
HC..there is no guarantee those teams would have made the bcs mess...especially with the inclusion of the great electronic wizz bangs who can rank one team 23rd and the same team can be ranked by another as 5th.

StatePenn was playing their usual nobody schedule back in those days.

But at least the AP schizmed off and you can still be a champion and not be in the "nc game."

Has happened.
I don't know. They beat the big 8 and SEC powers in the Orange and Sugar Bowls when they were eastern nobodies their first 3 unbeaten years. They got tired of being eastern nobodies so they joined the Big 10. In 1994 they played Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois, Iowa, Oregon. That wasn't good enough either. They're only nobodies when Penn State plays them I guess. JoePa's 1 for 5 in having unbeatens be national champs. I guess 20 percent isn't so bad. Of course Paterno's ALWAYS lobbied for a playoff which pretty much explains the 1994 poll results in spades. He knows the fallacy of the system.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Saratoga

I forgot you were a StatePenn fan and would know details.

Thanks for making me look like a fool.