Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
What cocks?
He is either referring to this......

Quote:
A good deal for a 3rd round pick? Are you insane? S. Carolina UPSET THIS WEEKEND.

or Drugs.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Flemington

S. Carolina plus 7 is solid. Let Down after crushing Florida.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
This is Bill being over confident. Its simple, plain and simple. This ends us the Pats. How can they compete with GB, Minnesota and the Jets again. Thats 3 L's. Even if we can sneak into the playoffs, Im not sure we can beat anyone.
Gales..is that you?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Goodwood

Business-wise, clearly the deal makes sense. NBA teams do this all the time- trade a final-year-of-contract player for something rather than let them walk as a FA for nothing. I thought for sure it was a bluff week 1 by Randy to get something done- I guess I was either wrong or the Pats called the bluff. But I agree with RHT that if Belichick is making this move with the premonition that they can still with the Super Bowl without him... he's being way overconfident. I still like my 10-6, 11-5 and 1st round exit from the playoffs prediction for them.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
Business-wise, clearly the deal makes sense. NBA teams do this all the time- trade a final-year-of-contract player for something rather than let them walk as a FA for nothing. I thought for sure it was a bluff week 1 by Randy to get something done- I guess I was either wrong or the Pats called the bluff. But I agree with RHT that if Belichick is making this move with the premonition that they can still with the Super Bowl without him... he's being way overconfident. I still like my 10-6, 11-5 and 1st round exit from the playoffs prediction for them.
10-6 would be amazing, but that offense cant beat Pitt, Jets, Baltimore in the playoffs. Its all done.... Bill is cocky as they come, he did not do this being happy with 10-6, he thinks they can win it all. Its insane.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
It feels more like Belichick not wanting the distraction around anymore. After Moss whined about not getting enough love after game 1, I think he decided his own fate. Belichick runs a tight ship. If you listen to his players when they are interviewed they are obviously well coached in what to say and what not to say. He doesn't put up with Moss type antics and when he could, got rid of him.

I can't stand Belichick but IMO this was a smart move. Get rid of the distraction, get a draft pick and there is enough left of the season that it won't effect them too much. Their offense is always going to score points in bunches. Not having Moss isn't going to change that. Their defense is going to be what makes or breaks them this year.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
S. Carolina plus 7 is solid. Let Down after crushing Florida.
Yeah good luck with that. Hope you crush it.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Yeah good luck with that. Hope you crush it.
Dont get me wrong, the SEC is sick. The schedule Bama plays would leave a team like Boise St at 4-7 or something... You cant win them all, and if you do, you cant blow them all out, kinda like Arkansas.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, the SEC is sick. The schedule Bama plays would leave a team like Boise St at 4-7 or something... You cant win them all, and if you do, you cant blow them all out, kinda like Arkansas.
Arkansas is the 2nd best team in the SEC. You could argue the Barners but how do you know if the laptop bandit will stay healthy all season?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Arkansas is the 2nd best team in the SEC. You could argue the Barners but how do you know if the laptop bandit will stay healthy all season?
Im not sure they are the second best team, but any die hard Bama fan would say so....
Auburn and S. Carolina are both pretty solid.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Im not sure they are the second best team, but any die hard Bama fan would say so....
Auburn and S. Carolina are both pretty solid.
Florida is better than South Carolina.

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
LSU
South Carolina
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Kentucky
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Old 10-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Oh my God...in a Randy Moss thread? Peterson's that good?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Saratoga

Old 10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Flemington

An old classmate of mine - and little league baseball teammate - is a beat writer for the Pats and covers the team daily.

The organization is pissed with Moss for not acting the way they want him to act and claiming his behavior is unpredictable.

The owner Kraft had a charity dinner all players were required to attend - and they thought Moss went out of his way to behave anti-social. They had some "kickoff dinner" right before the season - where the Patriots have their players - one at a table - eat with sponcers. And, supposedly, they put Brady at the table of their biggest corporate sponcer and Moss at the table of the 2nd biggest corporate sponcer. The smaller sponcers end up with like the long snapper at their table. At the start of the thing - Moss put on his headphones, left the table, and the whole time leaned up against the wall away from everyone and no one was able to get him to come to the table and eat.

Supposedly, after they resigned the kicker, he started calling guys like Brady, Wilfork, and the kicker "motherfucl<er" and guys like Welker, himself, and a few other guys who he didn't think were being treated right by the front office - he'd call them "nig-ger"

The orginization didn't like his press confrence after week 1. They also were upset he called the team "cheap" in the offseason.

The NFL contacted the Pats immediately after Monday Night's game against the Dolphins and threatened to fine Moss for his behavior during the national anthem. During the anthem - he stepped out and gathered a few other players and turned around shouting stuff like "lets go to war nig-gers" to his group. Cameras caught this.

While quarterback coach O'Brien was trying to talk to a group of players - he got in the middle and started shouting "lets go nig-ger" and hitting them on the pads. This pissed O'Brien off and the two of them got into it.

Basically, much ado about nothing. Just a passionate guy upset with a cheap orginization that doesn't always take care of its vetern players.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Coach Pants

T.O. Lite.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Florida is better than South Carolina.

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
LSU
South Carolina
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Kentucky
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
LSU is better then no SC and either Miss team? Im not sure
Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Saratoga

r u from the Village?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
An old classmate of mine - and little league baseball teammate - is a beat writer for the Pats and covers the team daily.

The organization is pissed with Moss for not acting the way they want him to act and claiming his behavior is unpredictable.

The owner Kraft had a charity dinner all players were required to attend - and they thought Moss went out of his way to behave anti-social. They had some "kickoff dinner" right before the season - where the Patriots have their players - one at a table - eat with sponcers. And, supposedly, they put Brady at the table of their biggest corporate sponcer and Moss at the table of the 2nd biggest corporate sponcer. The smaller sponcers end up with like the long snapper at their table. At the start of the thing - Moss put on his headphones, left the table, and the whole time leaned up against the wall away from everyone and no one was able to get him to come to the table and eat.

Supposedly, after they resigned the kicker, he started calling guys like Brady, Wilfork, and the kicker "motherfucl<er" and guys like Welker, himself, and a few other guys who he didn't think were being treated right by the front office - he'd call them "nig-ger"

The orginization didn't like his press confrence after week 1. They also were upset he called the team "cheap" in the offseason.

The NFL contacted the Pats immediately after Monday Night's game against the Dolphins and threatened to fine Moss for his behavior during the national anthem. During the anthem - he stepped out and gathered a few other players and turned around shouting stuff like "lets go to war nig-gers" to his group. Cameras caught this.

While quarterback coach O'Brien was trying to talk to a group of players - he got in the middle and started shouting "lets go nig-ger" and hitting them on the pads. This pissed O'Brien off and the two of them got into it.

Basically, much ado about nothing. Just a passionate guy upset with a cheap orginization that doesn't always take care of its vetern players.
So he wants the same organization that he disrespects, to take care of him? That works real well in the real world.

There is a way of handling situations like this and the way Moss handles them. That's why he overstays his welcome on teams.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
r u from the Village?
The Movie????? Shymalan.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
The Movie????? Shymalan.
God.