Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Not for nothing, but I don't get how folks think the Ravens are the next coming when they needed like 59:30 to beat a Steelers team by three with freaking Charlie Batch at quarterback. Just saying.

I'm not sure who the best team going is this year because everybody looks to have some serious deficiencies, but if it isn't the Steelers once Roethlisberger comes back next game, I don't know who it is.
They do have road wins over the Jets and Steelers. Those 2 teams are a combined 6-2 and a lot of people have them as the best.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
BOTTOM LINE IS, BEFORE THE SEASSON STARTED I SAID MULTIPLE TIMES the best 2 teams in the NFL are Baltimore and New England and besides one bad half of football nothing at all has happened to change my mind. You could just drop this, but you never will... The Jets are tied for first and own the tie breaker, as of now. We will see what happens when they come to NE.
In what possible way could you make the case that the Patriots are better than the Jets?

Stay away from the ledge when Moss gets traded.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Coach Pants

Jets are winning the division. 12-4, maybe 13-3 long as the rb's stay healthy.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
They do have road wins over the Jets and Steelers. Those 2 teams are a combined 6-2 and a lot of people have them as the best.
I don't think you read a word I typed before replying.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Not for nothing, but I don't get how folks think the Ravens are the next coming when they needed like 59:30 to beat a Steelers team by three with freaking Charlie Batch at quarterback. Just saying.

I'm not sure who the best team going is this year because everybody looks to have some serious deficiencies, but if it isn't the Steelers once Roethlisberger comes back next game, I don't know who it is.
I would agree that Big Ben is a big step up from Batch but its not like they were going to light up the sky with or without Roethlisberger. And remember, Rice was far from 100% and Ed Reed is on the PUP.

The QB has two receivers that he has had barely a quarter of a season to get to know.

This Raven team has all of the pieces and will only get stronger as the season goes on. The Steelers have some protection issues on that line that will get worse once they open up the playbook and Big Ben starts holding the ball too long.

Pitt will certainly make the playoffs but the Ravens are the class of that division and are my pick to win the AFC. I wouldnt call anyone crazy for picking the steelers or Jets though.