Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Wait to hear from the moron before you bet the Fish....Just go the other way, you will be fine.
Meyer Lanksy or PG 1985?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
Meyer Lanksy or PG 1985?
Lump together and parlay.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Flemington

Quote:
They are road favorites over the Dolphins on a Monday Night game this week. Go make yourself a fortune with the fish if you really believe Miami's a better team ... because if they can't beat New England, on the road, at night, in humid weather .. they'll get smoked at Foxboro in the winter later in the year.

The Texans are 3 point road favorites against the friggen Raiders. There cheating asses are always 8-8.
We will see on Monday. You would think with the way the Jets threw the ball Sunday night, that Brady and company should have a big game. But don't forget that Miami moved the ball pretty well too (granted no Revis).

I agree that the Texans are always the trendy pick and fall flat on their asses every season (Afc version of the 49ers). I just get the feeling that they are on the rise as opposed to the Pats that seem to be bordering on transition.

Even if you take those 2 teams out of the equation, that makes them the 5th best team in the AFC.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Even if you take those 2 teams out of the equation, that makes them the 5th best team in the AFC.
Woodhead.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Woodhead.
When you think a 5'9" 26 year old white running back is going to be the Saviour for your team, it really might be time to reconsider how good they really are.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
When you think a 5'9" 26 year old white running back is going to be the Saviour for your team, it really might be time to reconsider how good they really are.
If he's 5' 9" - I'm 6' 5".

The New England offense is a veritable Juggernaut. Like it or not, it's the best offensive unit in the NFL and Woodhead is going to be a key part of it.

I really don't know anything about the defense .. but they couldn't possibly play any worse ... and we are still 2-1.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Slow Nights in Erie-----by DrugS
More like I can google useless information-----by Drugs
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

No one cares.

The Pats are frauds and you know it. The rest of that schedule is going to eat that defense alive and you know it. Moss will be gone after this year and you'll be making a million ignorant/pointless threads about the Broncos instead and you know it. Find something else to do FFS.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Flemington

Odds on where Moss plays next season:

Patriots: 3/5
Vikings: 2/1
Broncos: 7/2
Eagles: 5/1
Field: 8/1
Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Wait, the Pats are an offensive juggernaut? Does that exclude games where they actually have to play a top NFL defense? I think there are more than a few college football teams that wouldn't have trouble hanging 30 on the Bills and then not have to sweat out the closing minutes against quite possibly the worst team in football this year.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Wait, the Pats are an offensive juggernaut? Does that exclude games where they actually have to play a top NFL defense? I think there are more than a few college football teams that wouldn't have trouble hanging 30 on the Bills and then not have to sweat out the closing minutes against quite possibly the worst team in football this year.
The three teams they've played this year were ranked 1st, 3rd, and 10th in pass defense last year ... and 1st, 10th, and 13th in overall defense.

The Bills are just 5 point dogs against the Jets this week - and the over/under is just 36.

If you think the Bills defense sucks so badly .. go make a killing on the Jets and the over. To be honest, that's a bet I think Meyer Lansky will love.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Flemington

They also didn't have to sweat anything out. They had a 38-23 lead with 5 minutes to go. The Bills made it 38-30 ... and the Pats ended the game by taking a knee at the Bills 20.

If it was the 2007 Patriots - instead of running out the clock deep in buffalo territory - they'd have made that sucker 45-30 and covered.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Coach Pants

This is Randy's last season. On any team. No one is going to meet his demands and he won't play for less.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
The three teams they've played this year were ranked 1st, 3rd, and 10th in pass defense last year ... and 1st, 10th, and 13th in overall defense.

The Bills are just 5 point dogs against the Jets this week - and the over/under is just 36.

If you think the Bills defense sucks so badly .. go make a killing on the Jets and the over. To be honest, that's a bet I think Meyer Lansky will love.
They're 5-point dogs because people erroneously think that scoring 30 points on Sunday means Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Bills' savior rather than it being more proof that the Pats' defense can't stop anybody. People will ride with the Pats until the wheels fall off (coming soon). As much as I hate the Dolphins, it's a total joke that the Pats are favored on Monday. Just because people bet the Patriots, that doesn't mean they're good (see: Cowboys).
Old 09-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
They're 5-point dogs because people erroneously think that scoring 30 points on Sunday means Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Bills' savior rather than it being more proof that the Pats' defense can't stop anybody. People will ride with the Pats until the wheels fall off (coming soon). As much as I hate the Dolphins, it's a total joke that the Pats are favored on Monday. Just because people bet the Patriots, that doesn't mean they're good (see: Cowboys).
Yeah - it's all just that simple.

I hope you bet the Jets on Sunday. Meyer Lansky will love them and so would I if I haven't observed how games like that are truly traps far more often than not.

Go to a sports bar this week and ask 20 people for a score in that game - I'd bet 18 have the Jets covering.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Coach Pants

The Dolphins-Pats game looms large for Drugs' fanatical hope of The Pats super bowl hopes.

2-2 1-2 in the division?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCySTWFcnlM
Old 09-29-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah - it's all just that simple.

I hope you bet the Jets on Sunday. Meyer Lansky will love them and so would I if I haven't observed how games like that are truly traps far more often than not.

Go to a sports bar this week and ask 20 people for a score in that game - I'd bet 18 have the Jets covering.
I don't bet football, but I have a good idea how lines are constructed. The Pats are still being wildly overvalued by people because of their increasingly distant history, just like the Cowboys. Whether or not it's a trap game for the Jets -- it probably is -- is irrelevant to the Pats and your defense of them getting gashed by Harvard's finest.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Randwyck

Quote:

Buffalo was only a high ranked defense last year, because teams were running the ball knowing full well Buffalo wasn't going to stop them.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Odds on where Moss plays next season:

Patriots: 3/5
Vikings: 2/1
Broncos: 7/2
Eagles: 5/1
Field: 8/1
how does Moss fit in on the Eagles?

DJax is our down the field threat.

Maclin is the ****.

Avant is our slot guy & we have Riley Cooper as our #4. As much as I love Avant and Coop... I'd take Moss over them... but Moss isnt going to want to go to a team and be the #3 slot reciever...
Old 09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Buffalo was only a high ranked defense last year, because teams were running the ball knowing full well Buffalo wasn't going to stop them.
Sanchez threw 6 INT's against them in a single game when they beat the Jets in the Meadowlands last year.

The Bills went 6-10 last year with an offense that couldn't move the ball worth a sh!t.