Tom Brady in 4 games with Moss this year:

9 TD's 2 INT's - completes 70.0% - 32.8 points per game

Tom Brady in 3 games with Deoin Branch instead of Moss:

3 TD's 2 INT's - completes 60.0% - 24.6 points per game

Vikings QB's in 3 games without Moss this year:

2 TD's 6 INT's - 14.3 points per game

Vikings QB's in 4 games with Moss:

6 TD's 5 INT's - 21.5 points per game

That's a big reason why 'The Over' is 8-0 in the 8 games Moss has played in this year.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Keeneland

How many championship rings does the over get you?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Flemington

The strength and conditioning coach in New England is the only man ever with six or more of those rings earned as either a player and or coach.

I suppose he's the single greatest NFL person of all-time if you want to use championship rings as a measuring stick.

It's a 52 man sport - you have offensive units, defensive units, and several different special team units. One guy can only take a team so far.

The more I think about it - I'd rather have a guy that can improve the strength and conditioning of all 52 guys on my team - than one player who's only on the field about 40% of the time.

I guess Sammy Baugh played QB, DB, and was the punter .. and was great at all 3 ... but where was Sammy Baugh when you needed a field goal? Where was he when you needed a kick return? Where was Sammy Baugh when you needed a stop in a goalline defense situation? He wasn't even one of the best 11 guys you had in those situations?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Flemington

The guy who truly benefits the most from Moss is the slot guy.

This is because corners recieve constant deep safety help on Moss and that opens the middle of the field and creates all kinds of "coverage clear-outs"

Instead of using still pictures of plays - that Jets fans seem to think look like Tetris .. lets compare Wes Welker and Percy Harvin's production this year with Moss and without Moss.

Wes Welker in 4 games with Moss:

26 catches - 217 yards - 3 touchdowns

Wes Welker in 3 games with Deoin Branch:

14 catches - 102 yards - 0 touchdowns

Percy Harvin in 4 games with Moss:

19 catches - 346 yards - 4 touchdowns (plus 1 two-point conversion catch)

Percy Harvin in 3 games without Moss:

12 catches - 121 yards - 1 touchdown

Welker is just 7 yards a catch since Moss left - and catching the ball much less frequently. They are using these little bubble screens to keep him relevant. The beauty of New England trading Moss for a draft pick - is now they know it's not worth it to sign Welker to big money next year.

Welker is making less than the freaking kicker this year. It's amazing all the production NE got out of him without paying him. Some stupid other team probably still will pay him big money next year .. but New England got 3.25 years of INCREDIBLE stats out of Welker ... all while paying the poor guy like he's a utility player.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Keeneland

No one interprets a box score like you man.

You should email this 8-0 over stuff to gm's around the league. You really might have uncovered something special here.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
No one interprets a box score like you man.

You should email this 8-0 over stuff to gm's around the league. You really might have uncovered something special here.
It's pretty simple - Randy Moss improves an offense. A simple offensive improvment doesn't always translate to the win/loss column.

Like it or not, the Vikings offense was OUTSTANDING for the final 3.5 games of the 4 games Moss played in Minny. They're exiting back to back 400+ yard games - both coming on the road against division leading teams.

The West Coast Offense is supposed to be brutally complex - and it took Moss all of about 2.5 quarters of very bad football before that passing game was turned around.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
It's pretty simple - Randy Moss improves an offense. A simple offensive improvment doesn't always translate to the win/loss column.

Like it or not, the Vikings offense was OUTSTANDING for the final 3.5 games of the 4 games Moss played in Minny. They're exiting back to back 400+ yard games - both coming on the road against division leading teams.

The West Coast Offense is supposed to be brutally complex - and it took Moss all of about 2.5 quarters of very bad football before that passing game was turned around.
Of course it's pretty simple. Which is why it's hilarious you go to such great lengths to make such a simple point. Did Classhandicapper steal your log in? Of course Moss will improve an offense. He is going to get attention which opens up opportunities for others. That is what good players do.

Like it or not the Vikings offense was just as good if not better with Sidney Rice last year.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Gulfstream Park

Moss' best asset now is as a decoy. Like Drugs mentioned above, Welker and Harvin were the real beneficiaries. The defenses give him too much respect, apparently thinking its still 2004, but that also helps the running game. But his numbers will not be that of a top 10 or even top 15 wide receiver this year. I know, I have him on a fantasy team and he's been killing me.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Santa Anita

The Titans just won the Super Bowl.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Like it or not the Vikings offense was just as good if not better with Sidney Rice last year.
Stop the blasphemy right now.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Gulfstream Park

Who they gonna pick up for QB?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Randwyck

Visanthe Shiancoe with Moss for 4 games
9 catches for 96 yds.

w/o Moss for 3 games
11 for 169 and a TD.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Visanthe Shiancoe with Moss for 4 games
9 catches for 96 yds.

w/o Moss for 3 games
11 for 169 and a TD.
He had a hamstring issue for the first game when Moss got there and was questionable on the injury report for the Jets game..in which I believe he did play.

He had a big TD catch agains the Packers as well that was reversed by video replay - that the NFL later said shouldn't have been overturned and was a legit TD Catch. Childress got fined 35K for bitching about that TD catch being overturned in the post game press confrence.