Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I doubt it, I'll be in DC most likely, it's a great facility though and let me know if you're sticking around the city.
Joey,

If i see you at the drag races, I promise I won't tell a soul! all kidding aside, if you do anything in DC around halloween, you have to go to the drag races.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Joey,

If i see you at the drag races, I promise I won't tell a soul! all kidding aside, if you do anything in DC around halloween, you have to go to the drag races.
I'm going to the Stewart/Colbert thing on Saturday *puts on flame suit* and will be back in NYC for Halloween night.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
It's a good move for the Patriots. To get a 3rd rounder for Moss is a great deal.

Seems like they are building for the next 5 years. That's the time frame they have with Brady.
That team hasn't hit too many home runs in the draft in the last couple of years besides Mayo. I know that this goes against the general perception but the patriots havent drafted well since the early part of the last decade.

They have done a ton better with free agents.

I think they did really well getting a third rounder for Moss all things considered. it seems though that they might have done better taking back a player instead of another draft pick to waste.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
An old classmate of mine - and little league baseball teammate - is a beat writer for the Pats and covers the team daily.

The organization is pissed with Moss for not acting the way they want him to act and claiming his behavior is unpredictable.

The owner Kraft had a charity dinner all players were required to attend - and they thought Moss went out of his way to behave anti-social. They had some "kickoff dinner" right before the season - where the Patriots have their players - one at a table - eat with sponcers. And, supposedly, they put Brady at the table of their biggest corporate sponcer and Moss at the table of the 2nd biggest corporate sponcer. The smaller sponcers end up with like the long snapper at their table. At the start of the thing - Moss put on his headphones, left the table, and the whole time leaned up against the wall away from everyone and no one was able to get him to come to the table and eat.

Supposedly, after they resigned the kicker, he started calling guys like Brady, Wilfork, and the kicker "motherfucl<er" and guys like Welker, himself, and a few other guys who he didn't think were being treated right by the front office - he'd call them "nig-ger"

The orginization didn't like his press confrence after week 1. They also were upset he called the team "cheap" in the offseason.

The NFL contacted the Pats immediately after Monday Night's game against the Dolphins and threatened to fine Moss for his behavior during the national anthem. During the anthem - he stepped out and gathered a few other players and turned around shouting stuff like "lets go to war nig-gers" to his group. Cameras caught this.

While quarterback coach O'Brien was trying to talk to a group of players - he got in the middle and started shouting "lets go nig-ger" and hitting them on the pads. This pissed O'Brien off and the two of them got into it.

Basically, much ado about nothing. Just a passionate guy upset with a cheap orginization that doesn't always take care of its vetern players.
kraft is pretty sharp , he lives in boston and winters in palm beach , he was one of the few real wealthy people that didn't get caught up with madoff drugs