Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Steve Byk

4/6 (SA): SANTA ANITA DERBY ~ 100-40-20-10

1. Roadster (Baffert/Smith)
2. More Ice (Hollendorfer/Franco)
3. Nolo Contesto (Sadler/Talamo)
4. Synthesis (Papaprodromou/Bejarano)
5. Instagrand (Hollendorfer/Prat)
6. Game Winner (Baffert/Rosario)
Old 04-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Oversubscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Hoffa’s Union out of the Blue Grass and into the Wood?
Yes and is wellposted in the 3 hole.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Havre de Grace

Anybody know whether the Arkansas Derby will be on Fox Sports channel or not and if so, will they also have the Oaklawn Handicap, Count Fleet and other races?
Old 04-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal828 View Post
Anybody know whether the Arkansas Derby will be on Fox Sports channel or not and if so, will they also have the Oaklawn Handicap, Count Fleet and other races?
I think NBC Sports is going to have it. Not sure about including the other races.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Aqueduct

Master Fencer from Japan is in and Anothertwistafate is ahead of Country House based on $$
Old 04-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal828 View Post
We are covering it on FOX Sports Saturday at the Races on FOX Sports2. We will be broadcasting a show from Oaklawn on Friday ( the Fantasy ), Saturday, and Sunday ( the Apple Blossom ). I'll be there with Laffit Pincay and Tom Amoss.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
We are covering it on FOX Sports Saturday at the Races on FOX Sports2. We will be broadcasting a show from Oaklawn on Friday ( the Fantasy ), Saturday, and Sunday ( the Apple Blossom ). I'll be there with Laffit Pincay and Tom Amoss.
Thanks
Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 PM
Oriental Park

I’m thinking...

Vekoma in the Blue Grass
Outshine in the Wood
Instagrand in the Santa Anita
Old 04-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Havre de Grace

I’m thinking
Signalman or Dream Maker in the Blue Grass
Roadster in the Santa Anita Derby
Hoffa’s Union in the Wood
It looks like Hoffa’s Union opted for the softer spot in the Wood rather than tangle with that tough field in the Bluegrass .

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 04-06-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:57 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I’m thinking
Signalman or Dream Maker in the Blue Grass
Roadster in the Santa Anita Derby
Hoffa’s Union in the Wood
It looks like Hoffa’s Union opted for the softer spot in the Wodd rather than tangle with that tough field in the Bluegrass .
I like Hoffa’s Union but it just seems like a lot to ask of him to win the Wood in his second start. I like the idea of betting against Game Winner. Roadster makes sense there too.

In the Blue Grass, I may not even wager. I like Vekoma a lot but 9/5 seems short for him there.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Vekoma

He'll be closer to 9-1 than 9-5
Old 04-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
No he won't...and contrary to your insistent anti-NYRA stance, the Wood is a tougher race than the Blue Grass. The Blue Grass has three more starters but very little talent. It is completely up for grabs, unless Vekoma handles the 9 furlongs and runs his race....in which case he's a virtual cinch. I don't totally trust him at that distance either, but he's more talented than anyone in that weak field.

I highly doubt any reasonable person here thinks the Blue Grass is a tougher field than the Wood.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Longchamps

Im not even a reasonable person and the Wood is way stronger field than the Blue Grass. Very good betting race.

As for the Blue Grass I think Vekoma will run well and needed the last race. Win Win Win is another I want to see how the distance goes for him. That Tampa race wasnt the best trip. I think the horse could be factor in this race.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:10 AM
Saratoga

For the Wood, I am looking hard at Final Jeopardy to fit in my wagering, if he can tuck inside with Tax and just behind Overdeliver and NTB on the lead, then he might just pick up a piece or more. and having Franco up adds a lot...to me anyways
Old 04-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Outside of WinWinWins 99 at 7F he basically towers this field in figures and his last was a really good effort particularly when you consider the lay-off. He’s going to be a short price. I’ll be including a couple “clever” horses maybe but I think you’re way off here at least regarding odds.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Havre de Grace

Well Morning lines aren’t always accurate. In the Wood there is a maiden breaker who is 6-1 book in that supposedly stellar field. Or is that 6-1 another soft morning line that has been the norm since Donovan stopped making them. ? If Vekoma is 3-1 or less, he would be a strong bet against. I think the fave will be 4-1 or more in the Bluegrass.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Well Morning lines aren’t always accurate. In the Wood there is a maiden breaker who is 6-1 book in that supposedly stellar field. Or is that 6-1 another soft morning line that has been the norm since Donovan stopped making them. ? If Vekoma is 3-1 or less, he would be a strong bet against. I think the fave will be 4-1 or more in the Bluegrass.
Nobody said it was a "stellar field." It is a deeper/stronger field than the Blue Grass. That is what was said. That "maiden breaker" ran a huge figure, won by 15+ lengths, and would have been a shorter price in the Blue Grass. Nice shot at the ML, from NYRA of course, despite you saying Vekoma would be at least 5.5:1 ( i.e. closer to 9:1 than 9:5 ), which of course is idiotic. At least you only hedged a little with your new opinion.

Sorry I couldn't get those Phish tickets you asked for on Whitney afternoon a decade ago. I'm sorry for you that you have allowed this to morph into a tragic obsession against me and NYRA, and all associated people/things.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Nobody said it was a "stellar field." It is a deeper/stronger field than the Blue Grass. That is what was said. That "maiden breaker" ran a huge figure, won by 15+ lengths, and would have been a shorter price in the Blue Grass. Nice shot at the ML, from NYRA of course, despite you saying Vekoma would be at least 5.5:1 ( i.e. closer to 9:1 than 9:5 ), which of course is idiotic. At least you only hedged a little with your new opinion.

Sorry I couldn't get those Phish tickets you asked for on Whitney afternoon a decade ago. I'm sorry for you that you have allowed this to morph into a tragic obsession against me and NYRA, and all associated people/things.
Stop it about phish. That’s bullshit and you know it. At Spac ? Capacity unlimited? When did I ever ask you to help me get a ticket for anything EVER ?

Who is a better morning line maker than Donovon ? And he stopped doing it why ? Because they wouldn’t pay him for doing it 6 days a week at Saratoga?

You just don’t like anybody who is the same age as you are who knows the difference between fact and fiction
Old 04-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
For the Wood, I am looking hard at Final Jeopardy to fit in my wagering, if he can tuck inside with Tax and just behind Overdeliver and NTB on the lead, then he might just pick up a piece or more. and having Franco up adds a lot...to me anyways
Interesting horse. Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of Servis but...things could set up well for Final Jeopardy. For better or worse, I’m tossing Hoffa’s Union and Haikal and debating on how deep I want to go here, either 3 or 4 horses. If Not That Brady didn’t previously have the quartercrack issue, I’d consider him but got burnt in the Gotham and not ready to jump back on board.

#10 Outshine
#2 Tacitus
#1 Tax

And maybe...

#5 Final Jeopardy
Old 04-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Oriental Park

For the Blue Grass, I swear I heard Mark Casse say that they’d be adding blinkers to Dream Maker. But the PPs don’t indicate that. Anyone hear anything about that? Did I hear things wrong?