Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Belmont Park

Default Saratoga Live

Kudos to NYRA for undertaking a huge challenge. The program was excellent and projects to get better. Nice blend of everything a BETTOR and fan could want in a show. You had honest conversation about what was important to the audience. I never liked betting Saratoga, always thought it was simply great racing but way to tough to attempt to bet much more then token wagers. The telecast increased my interest and I found myself WANTING to have action and feeling like I had a shot. The racing is always great but NYRA made the gambling experience much more inviting. I truly hope TVG was watching and will copy most of the format. Seems to me with 2 signals they could fairly quickly augment one to be more like Saratoga Live. Looking forward to next year and the possibility of programming to be more slanted towards this format that NYRA created. IMO it was immensely better then the previous stuff we are force fed. Amazing work by the whole team, the Andy and Gabby stuff WORKS, Mig did his thing, Jason was the perfect front man, Maggie was informative, and Travis of the bench was WAY more polished then in past.

The worst part of the meet ending is the show is over. It was in a word GREAT
Old 09-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Havre de Grace

Totally agree, Freddy and that was surprisingly well said considering the source.

It was nice to watch a broadcast that was simply about racing. Not hats, drinks, or outfits. The broadcast played perfectly to its audience.

As good as it was, it will only get better and NYRA should be applauded for the massive undertaking.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Belmont Park

Heard they plan on doing the show 15 more dates on ATR.. Who knew? And why not do it thru championship weekend at Belmont 10/8?

anyway its good news that its still going to be aired maybe Football had something to do with it must be some scheduling issue.

While they cant show the BC races I bet they would positively impact handle if they did show for BC. Networks better step up there game, because there appears to be a bettor mouse trap

Guessing the model needs to be tweaked to allow Network broadcast to participate in handle expansion, hard to pay for a first class broadcast solely with Tommy Copper commercials
Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Heard they plan on doing the show 15 more dates on ATR.. Who knew? And why not do it thru championship weekend at Belmont 10/8?

anyway its good news that its still going to be aired maybe Football had something to do with it must be some scheduling issue.

While they cant show the BC races I bet they would positively impact handle if they did show for BC. Networks better step up there game, because there appears to be a bettor mouse trap

Guessing the model needs to be tweaked to allow Network broadcast to participate in handle expansion, hard to pay for a first class broadcast solely with Tommy Copper commercials
And Deal Dash......
Old 09-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Havre de Grace

How about a " Fund Me " for Andy for Bosley Hair ???

Blaise Pascal
Old 09-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Randwyck

The worse thing about network coverage is the use of their camera feed. The head on, the iso feeds, you have no clue where your horse is. I usually end up watching the track feed on my computer.