Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
So you are begging for Clinton back.
Excellent. Clinton could tie Limbaugh in
knots because he actually has a grasp of
the facts. Can twist them anyway he wants.

And Monica had a grasp of his fact.
as time goes on, my opinion of Clinton is inching upward.
i thought he was a bad example in terms of his personal conduct, but he was fairly centrist and not a bad leader. actually with the republican congress there was some check and balance also.

what we have now is a disaster, all past presidents are elevated in stature due to the current radical.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
i thought he was a bad example in terms of his personal conduct, but he was fairly centrist and not a bad leader. actually with the republican congress there was some check and balance also.

what we have now is a disaster, all past presidents are elevated in stature due to the current radical.
and an impeachment. we don't want to forget that.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
pgardn

Quote:

A brilliant liar.
He did get pushed by the Rep. but it was his idea
to push people off the welfare roll and keep closing
the unecessary military bases, both of which were
wasteful.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Flemington

Quote:

I think this period right now is a huge test for the President. Every extreme right-winger is trying to paint him as a Communist. That's normal, and he can't lash out, and sink to their level. He has to stick to holding his side, and enough of the middle. The nuts can circle jerk themselves raw (if it makes them feel better.) The reason he got elected is below in the red print. The blue print is the trap that he avoided in the election, and he needs to keep avoiding it. He needs to simply throw enough moderate bait in the water. He's good at it, and it takes remarkably small amounts, because the other side wants to keep giving tax breaks to the rich(also de-regulating business,) and spending money on wars that can't be finished. That isn't enticing to the middle(at all.)

“Obama has demonstrated a laudatory levelheadedness - the ability to keep his head while those around him were losing theirs - over the long haul of the '08 campaign, always presenting a cool and unruffled image. And it has served him well… Being likable is obviously a good thing in politics… But the last seven-plus years demand more than a detached analysis - and certainly more than a beaming smile. They demand indignation. Outrage. Fury… As a leader fighting for fundamental change in this country, Obama has to be willing to show us that kind of righteous anger… Obama clearly has it in him. We saw a flash of it in Denver when he announced: "Enough!"-Ariana Huffn'puff
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
its amazing to watch a real orator. no telepromter, no script.
if you listen to the media Obama is the greatest speaker in history, when the reality is he's only a speech reader, with his eyes glued to the teleprompter the entire time.
He must have like 30 teleprompters in the room then..
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Flemington

There's one guy on the right that has the personality necessary to get elected President. When he gets serious(and is managed in a more centrist way,) he has a shot in the future. Any Conservative that can sit down n' have a civil conversation with Jerry Springer has the skills to be dangerous at getting the middle. Helps that he can play the bass, too. He's the only one I fear on that side(even a little.)
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
There's one guy on the right that has the personality necessary to get elected President. When he gets serious(and is managed in a more centrist way,) he has a shot in the future. Any Conservative that can sit down n' have a civil conversation with Jerry Springer has the skills to be dangerous at getting the middle. Helps that he can play the bass, too. He's the only one I fear on that side(even a little.)
I told you I'm not running
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I told you I'm not running

Like most trainers, you can sell well, but I can't see how wearing that Cleveland Indians baseball cap everywhere would work out. You're maybe not as sleek as you once were. I think you could win Tennessee.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Like most trainers, you can sell well, but I can't see how wearing that Cleveland Indians baseball cap everywhere would work out. You're maybe not as sleek as you once were. I think you could win Tennessee.
Indians would evoke sympathy votes.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i can't imagine listening to rush for an hour and a half. i wonder how many times he would say feminazi in 90 minutes.
I'd listen to Rush when I had 12-14 hour drives west, to keep me awake. After 20 minutes of Rush, I want to pull out my concealed weapon and blow the car radio away.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I think this period right now is a huge test for the President. Every extreme right-winger is trying to paint him as a Communist. That's normal, and he can't lash out, and sink to their level. He has to stick to holding his side, and enough of the middle. The nuts can circle jerk themselves raw (if it makes them feel better.) The reason he got elected is below in the red print. The blue print is the trap that he avoided in the election, and he needs to keep avoiding it. He needs to simply throw enough moderate bait in the water. He's good at it, and it takes remarkably small amounts, because the other side wants to keep giving tax breaks to the rich(also de-regulating business,) and spending money on wars that can't be finished. That isn't enticing to the middle(at all.)

“Obama has demonstrated a laudatory levelheadedness - the ability to keep his head while those around him were losing theirs - over the long haul of the '08 campaign, always presenting a cool and unruffled image. And it has served him well… Being likable is obviously a good thing in politics… But the last seven-plus years demand more than a detached analysis - and certainly more than a beaming smile. They demand indignation. Outrage. Fury… As a leader fighting for fundamental change in this country, Obama has to be willing to show us that kind of righteous anger… Obama clearly has it in him. We saw a flash of it in Denver when he announced: "Enough!"-Ariana Huffn'puff

OOOOOOH...I thinnk I just felt a tingle up my leg!