Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Goodwood

Apparently, Mohaymen can't get seven furlongs either.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Seems like he just bought himself a one way ticket to Dubai to help fill races during the Meydan festival for the next 5-7 years a la Grand Hombre and State Shinto.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Seems like he just bought himself a one way ticket to Dubai to help fill races during the Meydan festival for the next 5-7 years a la Grand Hombre and State Shinto.
Sounds about right.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:03 PM
Narragansett Park

Get to the shed. Hurry Hurry Hurry! Overrated G2 winner. By Tapit, he'll get a pass. Not very talented against top horses.

I'm not a hater, but speak the truth.

He won't win again against any good horses at any distance. Best in the generation is a complete mystery even after the Travers.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Fairgrounds

Just never improved from 2 to 3. Can't blame the connections for taking this shot. This is what they had to work with.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:18 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred Fan View Post
Get to the shed. Hurry Hurry Hurry! Overrated G2 winner. By Tapit, he'll get a pass. Not very talented against top horses.

I'm not a hater, but speak the truth.

He won't win again against any good horses at any distance. Best in the generation is a complete mystery even after the Travers.

Lol at all of this. A lot of you guys loved Mohaymen last year... I never did. Best of this generation is crystal clear. As a matter of fact so is 2nd best. Arogate is the 1 and American Freedom is 2. Hell the latter is 1-1 against Exagerattor and was best against him last time.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Best of this generation is crystal clear. As a matter of fact so is 2nd best. Arogate is the 1 and American Freedom is 2. Hell the latter is 1-1 against Exagerattor and was best against him last time.
And Cupid is the 3rd best so Baffert has the place surrounded. Never mind not a one of those colts ran in a single Triple Crown race, so I guess that's evidence that we can do away with the whole outdated thing.

Instead of letting all these colts battle it out in top company from September of their 2yo year on through June of their sophomore year, we can just keep them all in the barn until March or April when they can show up in a maiden special weight sprint at odds-on. A steady diet of conditioned allowance races and undercard races during the spring should get keep them fresh and ready to pounce on all the inferior stock that have been running themselves ragged in Grade 1 races...

Quote:
Lol at all of this. A lot of you guys loved Mohaymen last year... I never did.
Yeah, you weren't fooled. Instead you were all over Mor Spirit (surprise, surprise).

Then again, I presume Mor Spirit is the 4th best of his generation, so once again, great eye!

Here is the rest of the top 10:

5th Drefong
6th Danzing Candy
7th Collected
8th Malibu Sunset
9th Hoffenheim
10th Ten Blessings
Old 08-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
And Cupid is the 3rd best so Baffert has the place surrounded. Never mind not a one of those colts ran in a single Triple Crown race, so I guess that's evidence that we can do away with the whole outdated thing.

Instead of letting all these colts battle it out in top company from September of their 2yo year on through June of their sophomore year, we can just keep them all in the barn until March or April when they can show up in a maiden special weight sprint at odds-on. A steady diet of conditioned allowance races and undercard races during the spring should get keep them fresh and ready to pounce on all the inferior stock that have been running themselves ragged in Grade 1 races...

Yeah, you weren't fooled. Instead you were all over Mor Spirit (surprise, surprise).

Then again, I presume Mor Spirit is the 4th best of his generation, so once again, great eye!

5th Drefong
6th Danzing Candy
7th Collected
8th Malibu Sunset
9th Hoffenheim
10th Ten Blessings
You lost me at Hoffenheim otherwise I was following along
Old 08-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
You lost me at Hoffenheim otherwise I was following along
Keep trying. The last one named beat career maiden Giant Expectations by 4.5 lengths in his debut. This is important because both Arrogate and American Freedom beat Giant Expectations by 4.5 lengths in their respective maiden wins, too. Thus, Ten Blessings is possibly in the top 3 of his generation (if he ever runs again).

While we await his return, his 2yo half sister, Life's Blessing (by Mohaymen's sire) just won her career debut at Del Mar yesterday, also by 4.5 lengths. Giant Expectations was not in the field.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:

5th Drefong
6th Danzing Candy
7th Collected
8th Malibu Sunset
9th Hoffenheim
10th Ten Blessings
I liked Destin, Outwork and Mor Spirit going in. Why is that relevant?
Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 AM
Louisiana Downs

Mohaymen to get the rest of the year off and they intend to return him as a 4YO. Good on them if he comes back and has a good go of it.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-gets-time-off
Old 08-29-2016, 09:08 AM

The first person that I see that post "we're lucky to at least have him coming back" about this horse or Creator.....is risking getting shot.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
The first person that I see that post "we're lucky to at least have him coming back" about this horse or Creator.....is risking getting shot.
If we are lucky, their connections will keep thinking about those Tapit pedigrees while they are laid up and start entertaining offers for stud duty...hopefully overseas.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare it all View Post
Mohaymen to get the rest of the year off and they intend to return him as a 4YO. Good on them if he comes back and has a good go of it.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-gets-time-off
Sounds like he is injured and want to give him time
Old 08-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Tropical Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
or 7 yards