Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
It's horse racing, we are a 1/2 second from disaster in every race. Thousands of people got to experience the thrill of victory, followed by the gut punch of a disqualification. The worst feeling in all of sports betting. My guess is most won't become lifelong fans.
Was it a BS call? maybe, maybe not. The track condition was surely a factor, if WOW goes inside of Max instead of trying to squeeze outside, maybe nothing happens. I'm just not a fan of humans deciding the outcome.
You do realize that I am not commenting on the DQ but that the fact that a lot of horses would have gone down there and given what happened at Santa Anita over the winter it could have been a death blow.

As far as the DQ goes I understand the call but 90% of the time it wouldn’t be called at that point of the race. It would be great if it were called 90% of the time. Just an odd time to do it. I had the 2 underneath on my tickets but if I had him on top I would consider what happened an absolute gift and wouldn’t complain about a bad beat for at least 24 hours