Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Initiate

Just buried a field at Tampa, race 8. Good looking horse for Shug.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:59 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Just buried a field at Tampa, race 8. Good looking horse for Shug.
Had him pegged as the play, was shocked to see 8-1 when I pushed the bet through. Horse trounced the field!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-29-2017, 05:15 PM
Havre de Grace

Redboard alert. Not the first time this week. Is this your new m.o.?
Old 03-29-2017, 07:39 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Redboard alert. Not the first time this week. Is this your new m.o.?
to be fair...Dec posted his pick on the Selection thread
Old 03-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Havre de Grace

My error, though he did post it midway up the backstretch on an easy lead
Old 03-30-2017, 07:26 AM
Belmont Park

This filly galloped like a good thing soft pace or not. She has a wonderful action and quickened. Now its fair to point out she ran into a very soft pace loose and question why TB vs GP. She reminded me of On Leave a little who really is a good horse. Guess will she her next at Keeneland. It's amazing how much better the Janney horses have been vs. the Phipps of late.

Browse and Carrumba should start soon both might be ok
Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
My error, though he did post it midway up the backstretch on an easy lead

You're a funny dude ( sometimes ).

The wager was in well before they were loading. Posted a tad late bc of my Gulfstream wager took longer than anticipated to go through. That's phonebet.com for ya!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
It's amazing how much better horses running 70 Beyers look breaking their MDN for $20k at Tampa.
FTFY
Old 03-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Havre de Grace

"Funny How? " -joe Pesci
Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
FTFY
Yep what was On Leave's winning bsf at Belmont when she galloped at Belmont 75ish. It's a turf race how many break their mdn with 80+ in their 2nd start? It was a dawdling first half the fig matters but not nearly as much as if it was a dirt race and you know this
Old 03-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Yep what was On Leave's winning bsf at Belmont when she galloped at Belmont 75ish. It's a turf race how many break their mdn with 80+ in their 2nd start? It was a dawdling first half the fig matters but not nearly as much as if it was a dirt race and you know this
She may develop as she goes, but running for a diploma at Tampa for $20k is not a ringing endorsement of her talent level.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
She may develop as she goes, but running for a diploma at Tampa for $20k is not a ringing endorsement of her talent level.
Would agree most of the time NOT here. She was training at Payson's and the turf course at GP is dubious right? I dont know how she was working but she was working faster then typical for shug, again I dont know what that means other then he doesnt typical put 4 48 turf works into a mdn, In this specific case were she started is not relevant. If purse was 20(which is embarrassing) or 60 I dont think that has anything to do with her future. This is a good filly she will win a stakes if healthy
Old 03-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
This is a good filly she will win a stakes if healthy
Gonna wait for her to run in a race with a 1/2 mile fraction quicker than :50+ and perhaps at least a modicum of pace pressure.

Not sure where you a getting this On Leave parallel, that filly has a totally different running style -- not to mention was totally exposed for class in the Queen Elizabeth at Keeneland.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Gonna wait for her to run in a race with a 1/2 mile fraction quicker than :50+ and perhaps at least a modicum of pace pressure.

Not sure where you a getting this On Leave parallel, that filly has a totally different running style -- not to mention was totally exposed for class in the Queen Elizabeth at Keeneland.
Exposed is a bit harsh right? It was a good group of 3 year old turfers IMO last year and she was very impressive while loose on lead in Sands point, I wasnt crazy about the ride Ortiz gave her in QE but clearly she wasnt as good as the very tough Time in Motion.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:04 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Exposed is a bit harsh right? It was a good group of 3 year old turfers IMO last year and she was very impressive while loose on lead in Sands point, I wasnt crazy about the ride Ortiz gave her in QE but clearly she wasnt as good as the very tough Time in Motion.
Or the other two that finished 6 lengths in front of her. Had no response when the real running started. Clearly hit a ceiling with a perfectly managed and progressive campaign by McGaughey. It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe we can hope she's matured from 3 to 4, but I won't hold out much hope beyond a couple of Grade 3s in NY and/or KY.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Or the other two that finished 6 lengths in front of her. Had no response when the real running started. Clearly hit a ceiling with a perfectly managed and progressive campaign by McGaughey. It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe we can hope she's matured from 3 to 4, but I won't hold out much hope beyond a couple of Grade 3s in NY and/or KY.
She is just getting back to working after a break, I think she has had just 1 4f work too date so I wouldnt expect her back till the Beaugay in mid May
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 PM
Ellis Park

Actually,that race might of been stronger than your typical TB MDN event.
Plenty of well bred types for top barns involved.
Also,the winner did exit the Elate maiden breaker for what it's worth.
When Shug puts Lasix on the menu they really improve.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...tam-on-3-29-17
Old 03-30-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:

I think shes a future stakes winner, but who knows. The very next race a bomb wired so the turf was playing to speed.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:34 PM

Returns Wednesday at Belmont. Race 2. Good looking race and a really strong weekday card.
1st race has some good looking babies.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Golden Gate

Nice run. Nipped at wire.