Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Extra kudos if she won with Potts in the irons.

Congrats to everyone involved...especially Cherie.
she broke well, potts told us that when he tried to restrain her, Pills got mad and took off, passed the 3. so he just left her go! what a great day for Dee Tee and steve! thanks to andy and steve haskins for being there to root Pills home.
thanks to Team Simon and Linda Albert.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
That was a preposterous overlay on the horse whether you liked her or not. It was a three horse race between the first three finishers and she really seemed at worst to be the second likeliest winner. Never should have been more than 8:5.

I shouldn't repeat this here......but Byk wore the silks for the car ride home.

Now that is CLASSIC.
Great day today at Del Park. Thanks for making the trip south.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
That was a preposterous overlay on the horse whether you liked her or not. It was a three horse race between the first three finishers and she really seemed at worst to be the second likeliest winner. Never should have been more than 8:5.

I shouldn't repeat this here......but Byk wore the silks for the car ride home.
I laughed, ALOT!!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989
Now that is CLASSIC.
It was.

Kinda can see that in my head after
the picture with Byk trying to short sell the loose moose.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Flemington

I just want to know if Andy was in the photo.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse
I just want to know if Andy was in the photo.
Are you high?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Are you high?
How about Steve Haskin?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
How about Steve Haskin?
i think so
Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Arlington Park

http://www.hoofprintsinc.com/

type in Rampillion. the action shots of the track photog are up.

Last edited by ddthetide : 06-24-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Hialeah Park

Anyone have it up on Youtube yet? It is a lot of work to explain to my parents how to see it on Calracing.com and I don't want to give them my twinspires password.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Randwyck

Congrats !!!!! Sweet.

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Are you high?
no, I was just hoping- being that it wasn't in NY
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Anyone have it up on Youtube yet? It is a lot of work to explain to my parents how to see it on Calracing.com and I don't want to give them my twinspires password.
Capture the video and send it to them.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Oaklawn

Truely another awesome day at the races and Dee Tee Stable experience today. Having Steve, Steve and Andy in attendance made the day's outcome all the better. Big thanks must go out to Chuck, Cherie and those in KY for all their efforts getting Ramps ready prior to her move north to Linda. And equal thanks to Linda and her staff for having Ramps ready to roll today.

I attempted to take some photos, but no big surprise, my shots are horrid. Fortunately Chris and Darren know what they are doing with a camera.

A couple final thoughts:

The feeling of having your horse hit the wire first and the subsequent celebration with your friends in the winner's circle is simply - THE BEST!!!

And without a doubt I was most happy for Steve Byk today. His efforts in putting this venture together continue to exceed all my expectations and being able to share in his excitement during today's win is why I feel so fortunate to be a partner of Dee Tee.

Not the first time and certainly not the last, THANK YOU Steve.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 AM
The Curragh

can't believe Andy went, now i'm kinda pissed i didn't make the trip north for this one.

once again, congrats to all involved especially chuck his staff and steve

-bt-
Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989
Truely another awesome day at the races and Dee Tee Stable experience today. Having Steve, Steve and Andy in attendance made the day's outcome all the better. Big thanks must go out to Chuck, Cherie and those in KY for all their efforts getting Ramps ready prior to her move north to Linda. And equal thanks to Linda and her staff for having Ramps ready to roll today.

I attempted to take some photos, but no big surprise, my shots are horrid. Fortunately Chris and Darren know what they are doing with a camera.

A couple final thoughts:

The feeling of having your horse hit the wire first and the subsequent celebration with your friends in the winner's circle is simply - THE BEST!!!

And without a doubt I was most happy for Steve Byk today. His efforts in putting this venture together continue to exceed all my expectations and being able to share in his excitement during today's win is why I feel so fortunate to be a partner of Dee Tee.

Not the first time and certainly not the last, THANK YOU Steve.
VERY well said dave! it was worth every minute of the 2 1/2hr ride (one way) to be there for steve's first Dee Tee win picture! congrats steve and THANKS!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
http://www.hoofprintsinc.com/

type in Rampillion. the action shots of the track photog are up.
Win photo is up.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Steve Byk

To all,

Foremost, congratulations to all the Dee Tee 03 partners who made Rampillion and Tuesday at Delaware Park possible, and to ALL 125+ members of Dee Tee Stable who participate. While the third win overall in 25 starts for the Stable, this was our first 'maiden-breaker' and puts the first of hopefully two stamps of success on our ambitious initial attempt to buy and develop yearlings.

Hearty congratulations and warm appreciation go to Chuck and his staff and Linda Albert and hers for bringing our determined Came Home filly together for another chance upon which she capitalized. Rampillion has had some tough luck and nagging problems holding her back, but she is a hard trying horse that has more to offer yet. No matter what kind of field it was she faced Tuesday, she was exceptionally good and simply buried her foes.

Clinton Potts deserves our thanks of course for riding a perfect race. Potts gave Rampillion her 'head' after the opening quarter when she broke sharp and was determined to get the lead. Potts let her run instead of fighting her, as she excelerated when he tried to take hold. He was very impressed with her and looks forward to riding her back. Potts joins Jose Velez Jr. and Hector Rosario Jr. as riders who have won in the Lime and Royal.

Thanks to Darren and Chris Dattillio and Dave Blaha for making the drives to beautiful Delaware Park for the race. As some of the most active and eager members of Dee Tee, it was great to share the experience with them Tuesday, and I especially appreciate their sentiments expressed above. It was a wonderful day from start to finish Tuesday and certainly will be one of the most memorable experiences ever for me personally. Since our first start at Keeneland in April 2007, this was the 9th Stable race I've been able to attend, and indeed being on hand for the win was exceptionally sweet and gratifying.

Being at the track with friends and enjoying the shared experience it promotes is what the game is about. Making the trip with Steve Haskin and Andy Serling, who have been exceptionally generous with their guidance and support of my career in racing media, was particularly enjoyable and uniquely enhanced the day's pleasure for me.

And thanks to everyone on DT who follows the Stable, roots for its' runners, and takes authentic pleasure in its' exploits. I know not everyone can participate in Dee Tee, but I'm glad most here feel like they are a part of the shared experience because you are.

Steve

Chris and Darren Dattillio, Steve Haskin, Linda Albert, Dave Blaha

Last edited by Kasept : 06-24-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Belmont Park

Steve, please make sure "pills" BSF is included in the weekend Beyers thread. Hopefully "pills" next race is not to far off.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Steve, please make sure "pills" BSF is included in the weekend Beyers thread. Hopefully "pills" next race is not to far off.
Freddy,

Thanks for coming Tuesday... Was great to meet you in person and I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you left! Albert will give her three weeks and then evaluate. She's a horse that appreciates some time between races and will need to get a little weight back on her. She'll be staying at Delaware according to Albert.

I'm guessing a mid 50's on the BSF...

Steve Haskin, Andy Serling, Freddymo (!)

Last edited by Kasept : 06-24-2009 at 10:15 AM.