Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Churchill Downs

Default Barn Visit & Thanks Steve 08-01-07

Today was a wonderful day, first a visit to barn 86 to see the Big Girl. She was happy to see us ! We had a nice visit with her & my Nine year old neice was feeding her a few peppermints ( sugar free...Ok Chuck ). Took plenty of nice pictures & can tell she is READY to run !!!!!!!! After getting back over to the race track, hitting the second race exacta....Cold.!! We took a walk over to the Barbeque to find Steve. After a stop @ the lemonaid stand, Mr Steve Byk walked past talking on the cell phone. I told him who I was, my wife, neice, brother in law, and mother in law all chatted with Steve and walked to the BBQ stand. As he gave me my DT hat, he reached into his bag and found my 9 year old neice a shirt for her. ( She has been taking horseback lessons for the last year ) . BTW... She has NOT yet taken that shirt off since she got it... THANKS STEVE... After spending some quality time with Steve, Cherri came walking by and told us about SWLY's gate work on the main track today, she had NO problem with the gate. Steve told me about SWLY's future plans if all goes well on Sunday. Another Fantastic experience @ the BEST race track in the USA. I feel bad I didnt see Chuck
(he was in Boston on tuesday nite), But want to Thank Chuck for all he has done. To Steve Byk a Major thank you, for all you have done & making a certain 9 year old girl have (as she said) a Fantastic day. Thanks Cherri for being so nice. We are planning on going back Friday morning to see her out on the Oak. Training Track @ 7:30am.. As Cherri said.."" Dont get here @
7:31 am....because SWLY doesnt wait."" She is READY to run !!!!!!
Thanks again to ALL @ Chuck Simon Racing & Steve Byk !
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Newmarket

Great to know your at the Spa.....and happy belated B-day!
Glad you got to see her, hopefully the race fills and will see you on Sunday. Maybe I'll get over on Saturday too!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
Great to know your at the Spa.....and happy belated B-day!
Glad you got to see her, hopefully the race fills and will see you on Sunday. Maybe I'll get over on Saturday too!
Thanks Triple H.. Steve said that the races have been filling , so shouldnt be a problem.
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Went to see the most popular filly on the grounds twice today, and she looks fit and ready to wire 'em on Sunday!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Keeneland

Thanks for the updates! Hope to see the pictures soon. That's a cute story about your niece and the tee (she's wearing the hottest tee at Saratoga, of course
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts