Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Havre de Grace

I will light up the tote board with Multiplier
Old 06-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Tropical Park

Fantastic card Friday!!!🏇💰🙏
Old 06-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Churchill Downs

Blended Citizen (Doug O'Neill)
Bravazo (D. Wayne Lukas)
Free Drop Billy (Dale Romans)
Gronkowski (Chad Brown)
Hofburg (Bill Mott)

Justify (Bob Baffert)
Noble Indy (Todd Pletcher)
Restoring Hope (Baffert)
Seahenge (Aidan O'Brien)
Tenfold (Steve Asmussen)
Vino Rosso (Pletcher)

In some way I am going to bet against him......Don't think he will win.

Last edited by richard burch : 06-03-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Always good to confirm things Kent says.
I stumble the horse didn't he didn't break well at all
Old 06-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I bumble the horse didn't he didn't break well at all
Fixed your post.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Fixed your post.
Yeah I admit it I can do bumble as well, trust me stumbling is WAY more apropos
Old 06-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Les Bois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Bolt D'oro should handle those handily.

LoL

WoW
Old 06-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Les Bois

Belmont Stakes Pick 6 History (2013-present)

Notes:

The average payout in the last five years in the Pick 6 on
Belmont Stakes Day is $233,663

Quick Summary of the Year to Year

2013- Palace Malice($29.60) $2.00 payoff $6,345

Other winners in the sequence were favorites Power Broker($4.70),
Fast Bullet($3.60), Point Entry($3.10) with Stephanie's Kitten($8.00)
getting it done as second choice and Forty Tales($19.80) was the other longest price.

2014- Tonalist($20.40) $2.00 payoff $90,671

Tonalist denied California Chrome a triple crown, while in
other races favorites winning were scarce. Sweet Reason($20.80),
Closed Hatches($7.80), Palace Malice($4.70), with turf winners being
Coffee Clique($11.70) and Real Solution($13.00)

2015- American Pharoah($3.50) $2.00 payoff $129,318

Pharoah was the only favorite who crossed the wire first making this triple crown pick six
one for the ages, as other winners were. Coach Inge($7.90), Curalina($16.40),Tepin($11.20),
Honor Code($16.20), and Slumber ($30.20)

2016- Creator($34.80) $2.00 payoff $640,034

The fields were deep and salty, despite the free square with
Flintshire($3.40) on turf. Others in the sequence were Pure Sensation($39.20) in the turf sprint,
Tom's Ready($17.20) slicing
and dicing thru that torrid set pace for the win. Celestine($17.00) blazed
on the faster the fast turf surface. Frosted($6.70) even enjoyed the race
call as "Oh My Goodness, Look at Frosted today, he won by 100 wrapped up".
Creator($34.80) wins wide open Belmont.

2017- Tapwrit($12.60) $2.00 payoff $301,947

Tapwrit($12.60) grinds down Irish War Cry, others included Baffert
tandem of American Anthem($5.90) and Mor Spirit($7.10) has either
won since? #love'emthenleave'em. With Antonoe($8.20), Disco Partner($11.60) and
Ascend($57.00) enjoying turf wins on the Belmont Stakes undercard.

2018's chapter will be written Saturday at Elmont...
Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Steve Byk

Old 06-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Oriental Park

I understand the appeal of huge weekend cards replete with graded stakes worth millions of dollars and copious TV and social media coverage for trainers on the desiccated West coast--especially among those "up and coming" sorts who have it in their heads that there's a spot for them among the training "elite" nationwide--but for Pete's sake, have any of them heard the phrase "shooting for the moon with a bottle rocket"?

Every now and again you hear people out west talk about an "East coast" bias with respect to Eclipse awards and discussions of all-time greats, but after looking at the Saturday overnight I can only conclude one of two things:

(1) they inadvertently help support that perceived bias by sending no-hopers to slaughter or...

(2) these West coast trainers think little of the equine talent back east

Why else...

...is Dark Vader, a colt that barely broke his maiden at Los Al and then got pummeled at Sunland Park, in the Easy Goer when his stronger stablemate, Core Beliefs, fresh from a solid runner-up effort at this very track in the Peter Pan, is sitting it out?

...is Moonshine Memories, the humiliated favorite in last year's BC Juvenile Fillies, fresh of a thorough drilling from Baffert benchwarmer Emboldened in a comeback sprint, in the Acorn against the top 3yo fillies around?

...is Spectator, pummeled by the aforementioned Moonshine Memories at 2 and pummeled by the noticeably absent Midnight Bisou who in turn failed to make a dent in her own foray out east, in the Acorn against the top 3yo fillies around?

...is Stormy Liberal, back on a plane for the Jaipur despite racing in Dubai in late March and sporting a history of thorough dustings in both his shipping ventures last year including this very race?

...is Beautiful Shot, who after getting destroyed in both Arkansas and New York earlier this year found some of his best form last out when back in the friendly confines of California, in the Woody Stephens?

...is Ransom The Moon, a noted West coast sprinter who was upset in his comeback race and who I believe has lost all but one of his starts beyond 6.5 furlongs, in the Met Mile?

...is Fashion Business, who finally realized some of the promise he displayed last summer by winning his 4yo debut in a first condition allowance race off a long layoff, in the Grade 1 Manhattan against an international field of battle-tested horses?

...is Multiplier, a Triple Crown cast off who finally woke up last out in his first career turf start to win desperately in a blanket finish of non-winners 2x horses, in the Grade 1 Manhattan against an international field of battle-tested horses?

Suddenly Bolt D'Oro contesting the Met Mile off a humiliating performance in the Kentucky Derby, in which his jock decided to see if the horse could run a :45 and change 1/2 mile and keep going for another 6 furlongs (he couldn't), makes a lot more sense to me...
Old 06-05-2018, 09:42 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Saturday Card

Wow what a great card of racing. Should be an exciting day especially if hitting a few races along the way. Hopefully somebody is gonna put everyone on a winner that they’ve been waiting on.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Churchill Downs

Being in the #1 post might force his hand to go to the front. He will get tired the last 1/8th and come in third or 4th.

Gronkowski....1st time lasix.....oooooohhhhhhhhhhh

Noble Indy.....Blinkers off....working bullets for the Todd master...

Exacta:
3/4/6/9/10
over
3/4/6/9/10

Last edited by richard burch : 06-05-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Hawthorne

May win with ease but two straight races with declining g Beyers is not for me.
Going with the Berg to ice the fav
Old 06-06-2018, 12:57 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post

Why else...

...is Dark Vader, a colt that barely broke his maiden at Los Al and then got pummeled at Sunland Park, in the Easy Goer when his stronger stablemate, Core Beliefs, fresh from a solid runner-up effort at this very track in the Peter Pan, is sitting it out?

...is Moonshine Memories, the humiliated favorite in last year's BC Juvenile Fillies, fresh of a thorough drilling from Baffert benchwarmer Emboldened in a comeback sprint, in the Acorn against the top 3yo fillies around?

...is Spectator, pummeled by the aforementioned Moonshine Memories at 2 and pummeled by the noticeably absent Midnight Bisou who in turn failed to make a dent in her own foray out east, in the Acorn against the top 3yo fillies around?

...is Stormy Liberal, back on a plane for the Jaipur despite racing in Dubai in late March and sporting a history of thorough dustings in both his shipping ventures last year including this very race?

...is Beautiful Shot, who after getting destroyed in both Arkansas and New York earlier this year found some of his best form last out when back in the friendly confines of California, in the Woody Stephens?

...is Ransom The Moon, a noted West coast sprinter who was upset in his comeback race and who I believe has lost all but one of his starts beyond 6.5 furlongs, in the Met Mile?

...is Fashion Business, who finally realized some of the promise he displayed last summer by winning his 4yo debut in a first condition allowance race off a long layoff, in the Grade 1 Manhattan against an international field of battle-tested horses?

...is Multiplier, a Triple Crown cast off who finally woke up last out in his first career turf start to win desperately in a blanket finish of non-winners 2x horses, in the Grade 1 Manhattan against an international field of battle-tested horses?

Suddenly Bolt D'Oro contesting the Met Mile off a humiliating performance in the Kentucky Derby, in which his jock decided to see if the horse could run a :45 and change 1/2 mile and keep going for another 6 furlongs (he couldn't), makes a lot more sense to me...
I don't know how it's going to play out Saturday,but most of the Cali runners certainly belong.
The money's good,the talent is there...….and come on Rollo,you just can't leave them sitting in the barn.
And don't forget,California horses have been shipping East and crushing for quite a few years...…...why shouldn't the owners take a shot ?

Dark Vader: Big improve in last,horse he beat just won the Snow Chief on Saturday...…..had a sneaky uncomfortable trip @ Sunland.
The Easy Goer field is light...……really light.

Moonshine Memories: Double Grade 1 winner,stuck in the quicksand in her BC race.
She needed her last,one turn suits her.
Spectator: Grade 2 winner/Grade 1 placed...…...the horse she just ran into in the SA Oaks is a stone cold runner.

Stormy Liberal: Last years Breeders Cup Turf Sprint winner...…...just ran second in the toughest turf sprint in the world.
He's the horse to beat,why wouldn't he be here ?

Beautiful Shot: Just ran second,beaten 3/4's of a length to the morning line favorite(Brisnet ?)……….his sprints are all solid.
Barn is outstanding on the ship with price horses.

Ransom The Moon: Gr.1 winner(beating last years BC Sprint Champ) + Gr.2 also...……..was a router in Canada(broke his maiden going 9 furlongs on the grass).
Bolt d'Oro: Dual Gr.1 winner,loaded with talent...….only bad race was the Derby over a surface he didn't handle.
A one turn mile is right in his wheelhouse.

Fashion Business/Multiplier: I don't like So Cal grass routers heading East,I'll give you this one.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
I don't know how it's going to play out Saturday,but most of the Cali runners certainly belong.
The money's good,the talent is there...….and come on Rollo,you just can't leave them sitting in the barn.
And don't forget,California horses have been shipping East and crushing for quite a few years...…...why shouldn't the owners take a shot ?

Dark Vader: Big improve in last,horse he beat just won the Snow Chief on Saturday...…..had a sneaky uncomfortable trip @ Sunland.
The Easy Goer field is light...……really light.

Moonshine Memories: Double Grade 1 winner,stuck in the quicksand in her BC race.
She needed her last,one turn suits her.
Spectator: Grade 2 winner/Grade 1 placed...…...the horse she just ran into in the SA Oaks is a stone cold runner.

Stormy Liberal: Last years Breeders Cup Turf Sprint winner...…...just ran second in the toughest turf sprint in the world.
He's the horse to beat,why wouldn't he be here ?

Beautiful Shot: Just ran second,beaten 3/4's of a length to the morning line favorite(Brisnet ?)……….his sprints are all solid.
Barn is outstanding on the ship with price horses.

Ransom The Moon: Gr.1 winner(beating last years BC Sprint Champ) + Gr.2 also...……..was a router in Canada(broke his maiden going 9 furlongs on the grass).
Bolt d'Oro: Dual Gr.1 winner,loaded with talent...….only bad race was the Derby over a surface he didn't handle.
A one turn mile is right in his wheelhouse.

Fashion Business/Multiplier: I don't like So Cal grass routers heading East,I'll give you this one.
This doesn't end well for you
Old 06-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
I understand the appeal of huge weekend cards replete with graded stakes worth millions of dollars and copious TV and social media coverage for trainers on the desiccated West coast--especially among those "up and coming" sorts who have it in their heads that there's a spot for them among the training "elite" nationwide--but for Pete's sake, have any of them heard the phrase "shooting for the moon with a bottle rocket"?

Every now and again you hear people out west talk about an "East coast" bias with respect to Eclipse awards and discussions of all-time greats, but after looking at the Saturday overnight I can only conclude one of two things:

(1) they inadvertently help support that perceived bias by sending no-hopers to slaughter or...

(2) these West coast trainers think little of the equine talent back east

Why else...

Good stuff
Old 06-06-2018, 08:32 AM

My stakes thoughts coming soon.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:41 AM

8-1 on Outplay? Feels like a 3-1 shot to me. Absolute loan speed.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45 AM

Is American Gal running Friday? I know it's obvious but Unchained Melody is my top pick if that happens.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:48 AM

I'm trying to beat Monomoy Girl. I know she's been great, but this race should set up really well for Caledonia Road, who IMO had a perfect prep. I'll back up with Spectator.