Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATPIANO View Post
Steve

Do you know where Rise Up is heading?

thanks
LA Derby is only mention Amoss has made, but nothing appears firm.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
LA Derby is only mention Amoss has made, but nothing appears firm.
Thank you, just looking for points for Winstar Derby Fanatasy, don't think he wants distance,
Old 03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATPIANO View Post
VERY HAPPY, I have Midnight Hawk in WInstar Fantasy Derby, and was very afraid of Bayern

how'd that work out for you?

and i have to say, i can't remember the last time someone rejoiced at a horses injury because of a fantasy contest.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Gulfstream Park

came in 2nd, moved from 18th to 11th, thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

and i have to say, i can't remember the last time someone rejoiced at a horses injury because of a fantasy contest.
Hah.

You'd have loved some of the convos Calzone and I had during the TVG fantasy contests in which we had like 7 of the top 10 stables.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

Umm, not sure what to tell you on that one. Do you think that fantasy owners don't wish for opposing QBs to be hurt as well?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Umm, not sure what to tell you on that one. Do you think that fantasy owners don't wish for opposing QBs to be hurt as well?
i think it's sad that people hope or cheer for real injuries for their fake league competition. hoping for a win or a loss is one thing, having smiley faces because a horse suffers an injury....i just don't see it being something to post smiley faces about.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Gulfstream Park

On Tuesday Rise Up works a bullet five furlongs in 1:00, with Blinkers and is pointing to Louisiana Derby
Old 03-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Belmont Park

Shared Belief OFF the Derby Trail officially per Blood Horse:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ky-derby-trail
Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Shared Belief OFF the Derby Trail officially per Blood Horse:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ky-derby-trail
that's too bad. hope the foot gets better. it can turn into such a bad thing so quickly.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
that's too bad. hope the foot gets better. it can turn into such a bad thing so quickly.
Hollendorfer, from the bloodhorse article:

"I never had the horse on the Derby trail anyway; the media had him on the Derby trail," Hollendorfer said. "When me and my owners discussed this, way back when we got the horse, we never were concerned about getting to the Derby anyway."

So how dumb to the people feel who bet on this horse that last few Kentucky Derby future pools? I thought Churchill consulted with trainers while compiling their list to make sure that they at least were considering going down the derby trail.
It's fine if they have over 250 horses on the list like they do at Wynn, but when they narrow it down to 23, you should at least feel that the horse's connections hope to make the derby, even if it is obviously foolish to play a horse that has been on the sidelines for so long.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Randwyck

I wouldn't put hollendorfer in charge of hr or customer service if you know what I mean
Old 03-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
I wouldn't put hollendorfer in charge of hr or customer service if you know what I mean
LOL
Old 03-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush View Post

"I never had the horse on the Derby trail anyway; the media had him on the Derby trail," Hollendorfer said. "When me and my owners discussed this, way back when we got the horse, we never were concerned about getting to the Derby anyway."

So how dumb to the people feel who bet on this horse that last few Kentucky Derby future pools? I thought Churchill consulted with trainers while compiling their list to make sure that they at least were considering going down the derby trail.
It's fine if they have over 250 horses on the list like they do at Wynn, but when they narrow it down to 23, you should at least feel that the horse's connections hope to make the derby, even if it is obviously foolish to play a horse that has been on the sidelines for so long.
While I agree that he should not have been put on the last pool, you have to know any time a horse has a miss-step trying to get to the Derby, that is a sign not to bet in the future bet. Its hard enough getting there when things go smooth.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

that's why they call it gambling, rather than winning.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
that's why they call it gambling, rather than winning.
Most houses wouldn't take a bet on a team they know isn't even playing. I agree with Lemon Crush - there are tons of horses they could have put in his stead if this was well known, rather than sucker bettors.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Most houses wouldn't take a bet on a team they know isn't even playing. I agree with Lemon Crush - there are tons of horses they could have put in his stead if this was well known, rather than sucker bettors.
but it wasn't well known til now. he might say the horse was never on the derby trail, but i think he was-until he wasn't.
all the horses are a crap shoot. we've seen how many now get scratched the day before the race, or the morning of?

as for teams, you can bet before the season starts on who you think wins the series. no one knows ahead of time who will be in the post season.
anyone following racing knew he had a foot issue. if they chose to bet him anyway, that's on them.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
but it wasn't well known til now. he might say the horse was never on the derby trail, but i think he was-until he wasn't.
all the horses are a crap shoot. we've seen how many now get scratched the day before the race, or the morning of?

as for teams, you can bet before the season starts on who you think wins the series. no one knows ahead of time who will be in the post season.
anyone following racing knew he had a foot issue. if they chose to bet him anyway, that's on them.
I get all that. But including Shared Belief as an individual entry amongst their 23 betting interests in the last pool may have led some to believe that Churchill received good information that the connections had the best intentions to go the Derby. I didn't bet him, so I don't really care. Just think it was a little disingenuous including him as an individual entry. He should have been included in the "all others".
Old 03-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
I get all that. But including Shared Belief as an individual entry amongst their 23 betting interests in the last pool may have led some to believe that Churchill received good information that the connections had the best intentions to go the Derby. I didn't bet him, so I don't really care. Just think it was a little disingenuous including him as an individual entry. He should have been included in the "all others".
CDI doesn't care, they only care about handle, so they can get their cut. Look at all the tracks that don't do anything about the perception of past posting. Whether it happens or not, the perception is there and they don't care as long as they get their percentage of the handle. The more the better, even if it's after the bell.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Steve Byk

BAFFERT: Jay Privman reports that Chitu (M. Smith) confirmed for Sunland Derby as well as Midnight Hawk (M. Garcia) who must have bounced out of the San Felipe fresh like daisy..