Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
Cd did a pretty bad job with this..i stated earlier the planning that went into this seemed limited. Its like they decided the week before the pool opened to have it..i just don't get if you profit from betting into the pool why would you not hype it a little bit? Nobody knew it was happening..if you did know it was happening ya didn't know when it opened or closed and if by some miracle you fell into the above ya didn't even know what the odds were..pool handle reflects all this...hopefully they figure it out next year
Yep, completely agree. And, remarkably, they still do not have the final odds posted. At the website it stills says this:

"Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool #1 was November 27-30, 2013.

The Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 1 is now closed. Check back here soon for final odds information."

They must be using a different definition of "soon" from the one I'm used to.

And the DRF article hasn't corrected the odds on Tap It Rich, either.

--Dunbar
Old 12-03-2013, 05:45 AM
The Curragh

Win Pool odds are finally up at CD's KentuckyDerby.com website.

http://admin.kentuckyderby.com/sites...P1%20Final.pdf

The Tap It Rich odds were corrected to 25-1 to match the $52.20 payoff.

Still no sign of the Exacta will-pays, though. And some of you want them to expand beyond 24 betting interests? They seem to be having trouble handling 24.

--Dunbar
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Idlewild Airport

4/5 is excellent value on the field. I put the over/under on horses in the field out of this group at 3.5.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
4/5 is excellent value on the field. I put the over/under on horses in the field out of this group at 3.5.
Im not sure about that. I think the top 3 from the Remsen are all really good and IMO none of them project to have distance issues. Also they are all trained by guys I have no doubts about at all. Havana is solid enough, though he is likely a miler. But he will be a bull in Gulfstream preps. Both Baffert horses from the Juvy project to improve. The winner is slow now, but well bred and I think will be good come April and May. I dont see anyone else, but theres gotta be really good horses who have not run yet.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
Win Pool odds are finally up at CD's KentuckyDerby.com website.

http://admin.kentuckyderby.com/sites...P1%20Final.pdf

The Tap It Rich odds were corrected to 25-1 to match the $52.20 payoff.

Still no sign of the Exacta will-pays, though. And some of you want them to expand beyond 24 betting interests? They seem to be having trouble handling 24.

--Dunbar
Tap It Rich is likely to be very good. But right now 25-1 is a bad underlay.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Im not sure about that. I think the top 3 from the Remsen are all really good and IMO none of them project to have distance issues. Also they are all trained by guys I have no doubts about at all. Havana is solid enough, though he is likely a miler. But he will be a bull in Gulfstream preps. Both Baffert horses from the Juvy project to improve. The winner is slow now, but well bred and I think will be good come April and May. I dont see anyone else, but theres gotta be really good horses who have not run yet.
Do you know how long it is till the Derby? If I had known it would be 4/5 I would've bet it....that doesn't mean it wins. Let's see how many of these make it into the gate...as a starting point.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:46 PM
The Curragh

xpressbet and twinspires were two adw's that carried the wager...you could follow the odds online at either site...the field was even money until just minutes before the pool closed.

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/15640118795/standalone
Old 12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Do you know how long it is till the Derby? If I had known it would be 4/5 I would've bet it....that doesn't mean it wins. Let's see how many of these make it into the gate...as a starting point.
Of course I know. And recently cant miss horses like Eskendereya and Quality Road could not even get in the gate. My point was that I think there are very strong 2yr olds listed 1-23 or whatever. I still think Strong Mandate is going to go to Oaklawn and end up being very good and I did not even mention him. I believe the Derby winner is listed in pool 1.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Randwyck

Still a long ways off and will see the handful at least a handful or two derby hopefuls kicked off the trail for reasons other then talent.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Tropical Park

It would be interesting to find out if CD actually turned a profit on this pool? Unlike daily racing, they had to actively market this opportunity, such as it was. I'd be surprised if the company cleared $10k when it was all said and done.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Goodwood

Joey, what are your most likely derby winners as of today?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I might have bet it, too, but I was on a plane returning from Thanksgiving during the last several hours of betting.

--Dunbar
Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Randwyck

News years day off the trail...burn up your future tickets..still a loooooooong way off...