Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I meant you and Alabama Stakes. Maybe hit Capital back up and pitch them the idea.

I'd rather throw myself in front of a bus than spend a minute in public with you, but thanks.
No problem.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
No problem.
Should I just look for the loudmouth in jorts? Be like looking for a needle in a haystack there.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Should I just look for the loudmouth in jorts? Be like looking for a needle in a haystack there.
Khaki shorts in 2 weeks. Gotta be comfortable on the big handle days. Ill happily buy you a drink. You can even meet Uncle Dave.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Surprised that Chatlos would say anything with him not knowing the horse at all. Normandy Invasion is a narrow type in the Real Quiet mode. Cherie says he's always been lean and trim.
Is he speaking whereof he knows not, or is this a case of trying to get better odds on what sounds like a wiseguy horse? How much does this kind of rumormongering lead to people clutching pearls vs. doing research and going 'Oh he's always like that, phfew. No problem.'

Mylute's sure getting a lot of buzz from that work. How big is he? Very Midnight Lute-ish?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Aqueduct

i just wonder about mylutes breeding. i put him in my stable mail last summer when he ran at CD think he came in 3rd but just liked the way he ran and i had a feeling that the midnight lutes would do something b/c i rememberd that he was bafferts KD horse till the breathing issues came up. Man this KD is one of the weirder ones ive seen in the 15yrs ive been paying attention.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
i just wonder about mylutes breeding. i put him in my stable mail last summer when he ran at CD think he came in 3rd but just liked the way he ran and i had a feeling that the midnight lutes would do something b/c i rememberd that he was bafferts KD horse till the breathing issues came up. Man this KD is one of the weirder ones ive seen in the 15yrs ive been paying attention.
I have never not had a Derby horse. I like Oxbow a lot, but it's hard to be confident in him after his last. I could use 6 horses, and not include 1 Pletcher runner. Weird for sure.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I have never not had a Derby horse. I like Oxbow a lot, but it's hard to be confident in him after his last. I could use 6 horses, and not include 1 Pletcher runner. Weird for sure.
Great Redeemer was a Derby horse.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Havre de Grace

Default oooooooo

Quote:
I meant you and Alabama Stakes. Maybe hit Capital back up and pitch them the idea.

I'd rather throw myself in front of a bus than spend a minute in public with you, but thanks.

Bill Buckner already tried that, but the bus went right through his legs.

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 04-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Flemington

Midnight Lucky looked nice working with Power Broker this morning..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyCxc-WFqxM

Oxbow looking like the energizer bunny -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NVV8IRDBU
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Havre de Grace

I was wondering what you meant by the energizer bunny. after watching that work, I feel ya man. It'l be up to him to beat Revolutionary in the Belmont or Triple Crown could be in the cards.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Ellis Park

Wink Watch Her Sprint And Win @ 1 1/8 by All

Quote:
CLOSE HATCHES had the most spirited looking drill of the 8:30 special session going a very sharp half under a hold by the exercise girl. Nice.. MIDNIGHT LUCKY went twice around two minute licking and just at a passing glance, looks physically more sprint than route to me..

Mike Welsch ‏@DRFWelsch Close Hatches :23.56 went 1/2 in :47.78 out 5/8's 1:01.38 up 1:15.84 for Oaks.
Steve,She goes 1 1/16 in 1:41 flat completely shut down for the last 1/16th
There is nothing wrong with thinking She's the "Next one" just because Bob B
is her trainer!
I have before and will continue to eat my words but at this point I think she will dominate at a good price (because of the Todd Squad fillies)
5-1 I hope this will give me a large bankroll for the 1st Saturday in May!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:57 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcopy View Post
Steve,She goes 1 1/16 in 1:41 flat completely shut down for the last 1/16th. There is nothing wrong with thinking She's the "Next one" just because Bob B is her trainer! I have before and will continue to eat my words but at this point I think she will dominate at a good price (because of the Todd Squad fillies) 5-1 I hope this will give me a large bankroll for the 1st Saturday in May!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
Midnight Lucky looked nice working with Power Broker this morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyCxc-WFqxM
The comment of mine you quoted is regarding Sunday's gallop appearance on the track.. not Monday's work. As discussed with Mike Welsch, she embarrassed Power Broker in the drill Monday. Mike Smith is motionless on her in the stretch and Dana Barnes is asking Power Broker just to stay with her. Midnight Lucky likely Oaks 3rd choice with Dreaming of Julia and Beholder ahead of her on the pecking order. You should get all of 5-1. Can tell you she is 2nd best on the sheets (Thoro Graph) only to Dreaming of Julia's insane Gulfstream number.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Oxbow looking like the energizer bunny -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NVV8IRDBU
Oxbow looked terrific. Here's Mike's comment and note the highlight. That's a code for Dublin and Optimizer coming into their Derbys on the nod. Those two dragged themselves around in the mornings and shut down quickly after their works. Oxbow coming towards this Derby in top shape..

Oxbow (five furlongs in 1:00.95) breezed closer to six furlongs than five as he took a long run at the pole after being released from the pony by trainer D. Wayne Lukas. With jockey Gary Stevens aboard, Oxbow showed a high energy level right from the start, and Stevens did well to slow him down to a 24.42-second opening quarter and 36.36 three-furlong split.

Running with his head cocked inward, Oxbow fanned out about four paths wide entering the stretch, switched leads right on cue, and was straight as a string to the wire, completing his final quarter in 24.59 without any urging by Stevens.

Although in past years, Lukas’s Derby runners rarely did much during the gallop-out, Oxbow continued on strongly into and around the turn, getting six furlongs in 1:14.48 before pulling up seven-eighths in 1:28.67. It was a sharp move for a horse who may fly under the radar a bit and figures to show much more early speed after being hauled back early and turning in a disappointing effort in the Arkansas Derby.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
It was a sharp move for a horse who may fly under the radar a bit . . .
unless he keeps this up. Wow.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Crinkle

trash can for me

Frac Daddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIEc9oGzj4

4/20:

Dreaming of Julia.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGoaZt8PuN8
FD is 2 for 2 n exacta at CD. Is there any other horse that can claim to that placing?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcopy View Post
Steve,She goes 1 1/16 in 1:41 flat completely shut down for the last 1/16th
There is nothing wrong with thinking She's the "Next one" just because Bob B
is her trainer!
I have before and will continue to eat my words but at this point I think she will dominate at a good price (because of the Todd Squad fillies)
5-1 I hope this will give me a large bankroll for the 1st Saturday in May!
Not sure you are going to get "good price (5-1)" on her. I think she goes off as the small fav (5-2)...

Close hatches is the one i'm liking... Mott has her cranked!!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_rookie View Post
FD is 2 for 2 n exacta at CD. Is there any other horse that can claim to that placing?
He has also been well-beaten by most of the field more than twice and I'm not willing to wager that the surface is going to help him that much considering how many horses are looking good right now.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaskid View Post
Not sure you are going to get "good price (5-1)" on her. I think she goes off as the small fav (5-2)...

Close hatches is the one i'm liking... Mott has her cranked!!
Midnight Lucky is going to get more respect at the windows than she should, but she won't be favored. Dreaming of Julia has that locked up.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Midnight Lucky is going to get more respect at the windows than she should, but she won't be favored. Dreaming of Julia has that locked up.
Isn't DoJ going to be in the even money range?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK View Post
Isn't DoJ going to be in the even money range?
At least, i can see 3/5