Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Steve Byk

Default Weekend Stakes Beyers: Justify 97

PIM Preakness S (G1): Justify 97 (Scat Daddy) B. Baffert/M. Smith
PIM (OFF TURF) Dixie S (G3): Fire Away 86 (War Front) C. McGaughey/ M. Franco
PIM Chick Lang S: Mitole 104 (Eskendereya) S. Asmussen / R. Santana
PIM MD Sprint S (G3): Switzerland 102 (Speightstown) S. Asmussen /R. Santana
PIM Gallorette S (G3): Ultra Brat 100 (Uncle Mo) H. Motion /J. Ortiz
PIM Sir Barton S: Ax Man 99 (Misremembered) B. Baffert/M. Smith
PIM (OFF TURF) James W. Murphy S: Tap Daddy 88 (Scat Daddy) S. Asmussen/R. Santana
PIM (OFF TURF) The Very One S: Girls Know Best 88 (Caleb's Posse) E. Kenneally/J. Castellano

PIM Pimlico Special S (G3): Irish War Cry 100 (Curlin) H. Motion/J. Ortiz
PIM Black-Eyed Susan S (G2): Red Ruby 89 (Tiznow) K. Gorder/P. Lopez
PIM Miss Preakness S (G3): Happy Like a Fool 89 (Distorted Humor) W. Ward/T. Gaffalione
PIM Allaire DuPont S (G3): Song of Spring 90 (Spring At Last) N. Howard/R. Santana
PIM Hilltop S: Souper Striking 79 (Brilliant Speed) M. Trombetta/J. Pimentel
PIM McKay Turf Sprint S: Imprimis 103 (Broken Vow) J. Orseno/I. Ortiz
PIM Skipat S: Vertical Oak 93 (Giant Oak) S. Asmussen/ R. Santana

WO Selene S (G3): Miss Mo Mentum 86 (Uncle Mo) M. Casse/P. Husbands

CD Louisville H (G3): Vettori Kin-BRZ 92 (Vettori-IRE) K. McPeek/J. Leparoux

AP Arlington Matron S (G3): Princess La Quinta 88 (Quality Road) J. Gulick/C. Marquez

SA Fran's Valentine S: Cordiality 90 (Papa Clem) M. Glatt/G. Stevens

GP Musical Romance S: Stormy Embrace 81 (Circular Quay) B. Smeak/W. Garcia

BEL Soaring Softly S: Nootka Sound 80 (Lonhro-AUS) W. Ward/D. Davis

Last edited by Kasept : 05-20-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:55 PM
Steve Byk

Preliminary Preakness Beyer a 97..

Last edited by Kasept : 05-20-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Hialeah Park

It hurts like a punch to the gut to see Imprimis post a 100 Beyer after being sold privately and taken away from your ‘favorite’ trainer.

Almost, Mr. Hills. Almost.

"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 05-20-2018, 01:10 AM
Santa Anita

Justify's first sub-100 right? Hmm. Not a shock. It felt more arduous. Does he come out of this dead fit and, after 3 weeks, perky, or does it catch up with him on Big Sandy?

I guess, once again, it's time to turn into Charlie Brown with the football and emotionally go for it, even though we'll probably get screwed. It's like the racing gods go 'nah, see we made you wait a ridiculously long time, gave you Pharoah, and now we're gonna throw a big clod of turf right in your eye again to show you how fickle we can be by making the Derby a sloppy mess, the Preakness a muddy fog-fest, and the Belmont a bunch of tired horses going 'ah screw it' vs a bunch of fresh/refreshed ones. You deserve this, Justify deserves this, but nope. You should know better by now, you silly rabbit.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:39 AM
Steve Byk

PIM Preakness S (G1): Justify 97 (Scat Daddy) B. Baffert/M. Smith
PIM (OFF TURF) Dixie S (G3): Fire Away 86 (War Front) C. McGaughey/ M. Franco
PIM Chick Lang S: Mitole 104 (Eskendereya) S. Asmussen / R. Santana
PIM MD Sprint S (G3): Switzerland 102 (Speightstown) S. Asmussen /R. Santana
PIM Gallorette S (G3): Ultra Brat 100 (Uncle Mo) H. Motion /J. Ortiz
PIM Sir Barton S: Ax Man 99 (Misremembered) B. Baffert/M. Smith
PIM (OFF TURF) James W. Murphy S: Tap Daddy 88 (Scat Daddy) S. Asmussen/R. Santana
PIM (OFF TURF) The Very One S: Girls Know Best 88 (Caleb's Posse) E. Kenneally/J. Castellano

WO Selene S (G3): Miss Mo Mentum -- (Uncle Mo) M. Casse/P. Husbands

SA Fran's Valentine S: Cordiality -- (Papa Clem) M. Glatt/G. Stevens

AP Arlington Matron S (G3): Princess La Quinta -- (Quality Road) J. Gulick/C. Marquez

GP Musical Romance S: Stormy Embrace 81 (Circular Quay) B. Smeak/W. Garcia

CD Louisville H (G3): Vettori Kin-BRZ -- (Vettori-IRE) K. McPeek/J. Leparoux

BEL Soaring Softly S: Nootka Sound 80 (Lonhro-AUS) W. Ward/D. Davis
Old 05-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Justify's first sub-100 right? Hmm. Not a shock. It felt more arduous. Does he come out of this dead fit and, after 3 weeks, perky, or does it catch up with him on Big Sandy?

I guess, once again, it's time to turn into Charlie Brown with the football and emotionally go for it, even though we'll probably get screwed. It's like the racing gods go 'nah, see we made you wait a ridiculously long time, gave you Pharoah, and now we're gonna throw a big clod of turf right in your eye again to show you how fickle we can be by making the Derby a sloppy mess, the Preakness a muddy fog-fest, and the Belmont a bunch of tired horses going 'ah screw it' vs a bunch of fresh/refreshed ones. You deserve this, Justify deserves this, but nope. You should know better by now, you silly rabbit.
There's always that doubt going into the final leg. I had it even with AP but he was the one for sure. Baffert is one of the best in getting his horses fit to run. I'm sure he and Mike will talk a lot. Justify looks to be a superior horse and he was caught almost at the wire.

Maybe he was or is a tired horse. He should be. The greatest athletes do get tired but bounce back. Justify has all the right people around him to bounce back so lets just wait and see if he joins the "came up short" club of great horses or if he joins the elite club of true super horses taking on the Belmont entries in stride. Even without flare he only needs to win by a nose hair. I'm sure his cadre will have him ready but will he be ready when the gates open, we'll just have to wait with high anticipation to see.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:58 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
There's always that doubt going into the final leg. I had it even with AP but he was the one for sure. Baffert is one of the best in getting his horses fit to run. I'm sure he and Mike will talk a lot. Justify looks to be a superior horse and he was caught almost at the wire.

Maybe he was or is a tired horse. He should be. The greatest athletes do get tired but bounce back. Justify has all the right people around him to bounce back so lets just wait and see if he joins the "came up short" club of great horses or if he joins the elite club of true super horses taking on the Belmont entries in stride. Even without flare he only needs to win by a nose hair. I'm sure his cadre will have him ready but will he be ready when the gates open, we'll just have to wait with high anticipation to see.
There are two horses that I want no part of in Belmont, Audible and My Boy Jack will be overhyped.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Santa Anita

DRF's Nicole Russo posted this footage of Justify bouncing back to the barn. https://twitter.com/DRFRusso/status/...92131821211648
Old 05-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Bet against him, modestly. If I beat him, I have a chance for a score. If wins, oh well, I'll enjoy it anyway.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post

Why does he deserve it anymore so than others that have headed into the Belmont with the TC on the line?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:36 AM
Yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Why does he deserve it anymore so than others that have headed into the Belmont with the TC on the line?
Oh he deserves it because he is a big beautiful beast- he looks like Adonis--he has done things so far that no horse for over 100 years was able to do--he seems to have what it takes to accomplish something great- like winning the triple crown- he has slogged thru the first two legs of the triple crown--and had to really earn the Preakness win-- so to me he deserves it. will he get it? who knows. I hope he does.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Belmont Park

Does anyone know if the new poster "Songbird" is Anthony Stabile?
Old 05-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I laughed.

Good question.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 05-23-2018, 12:05 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Member since 2009....four years before Songbird was born. Who are these nuts?
Old 05-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Yearling

Quote:
no, i aint