Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
I am not sure where get the word "Always" from. Its not like he was 70-1 and fresh off of a 30k claiming race to a Grade 1 situation
My observation is that It seems to me he always has a horse or 2 that puts in a huge performance on New Yorks biggest days. Is that easy enough to understand. Am I implying that a near Secretariat like blowout of a Grade I field wasnt on the level? Nope, you never hear Kieran tactics being questioned on these boards or in the media thus he must be legit.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:34 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
My observation is that It seems to me he always has a horse or 2 that puts in a huge performance on New Yorks biggest days. Is that easy enough to understand. Am I implying that a near Secretariat like blowout of a Grade I field wasnt on the level? Nope, you never hear Kieran tactics being questioned on these boards or in the media thus he must be legit.
Can you please list these blowout performances on some of these horses he has had? You speak as if he is some claiming trainer with cheap stock and just show up to play ONLY on big days. The jock saved ground well throughout and was loaded at the top of the stretch. You can question Todd Pletcher, Chad Brown and Bob Baffert while you are at it too. They too win on big days and how. There are certainly other trainers more questionable than Kiaran.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Can you please list these blowout performances on some of these horses he has had? You speak as if he is some claiming trainer with cheap stock and just show up to play ONLY on big days. The jock saved ground well throughout and was loaded at the top of the stretch. You can question Todd Pletcher, Chad Brown and Bob Baffert while you are at it too. They too win on big days and how. There are certainly other trainers more questionable than Kiaran.
Its Tricky
Old 06-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
So Huge Effort=Blowout Wins to you... No Mas
Old 06-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Great run by frosted.
I have thrown a few bucks at cherry wine and gov malibu....
Old 06-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Arlington Park

Great day for Tapit! Met Mile winner & 1st & 3rd in the Belmont!

YAY LANI!
Old 06-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Saratoga

Big time ride by Irad Ortiz, but Rosario really blew it on Governor Malibu. Instead of going outside of Destin and getting the trip that he handed to Irad on a silver platter, he had to get cute and try to go inside of the tiring Gettysburg. Dumbass.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Big time ride by Irad Ortiz, but Rosario really blew it on Governor Malibu. Instead of going outside of Destin and getting the trip that he handed to Irad on a silver platter, he had to get cute and try to go inside of the tiring Gettysburg. Dumbass.
same thing on Unbridled Forever....you would think he would have remembered that f-up before
Old 06-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
same thing on Unbridled Forever....you would have remembered that f-up before
LOL He beat me 4 times today. Twice when I was with him and Twice when I didnt have him.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
LOL He beat me 4 times today. Twice when I was with him and Twice when I didnt have him.
f#$king ditto, except I had 8 covered in that race...really needed the 5 to get up for at least place money in the BCBC feeder
Old 06-11-2016, 06:53 PM
The Curragh

I'm pretty close to passing every race where both Ortiz boys riding and one is the chalk.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:19 PM
The Curragh

Also, great hustle Kent!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Louisiana Downs

What on earth happened to Suddenbreakingnews? Didn't think he'd win but would pick up a piece of the check. The damn rabbit beat him home.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyoriley View Post
Great day for Tapit! Met Mile winner & 1st & 3rd in the Belmont!

YAY LANI!
Seems like a ton of greys on the track these days.

Monster runs by Flintshire, Celestine and Frosted today. Wowzers.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:38 AM
Churchill Downs

Congrats to Creator and Destin! Nice duel down the lane.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Gulfstream Park

Not sure what else Rosario could have done in the Belmont. As (I believe it was him) the Mig once said, sometimes rides are bad, sometimes you're just unlucky. He had him in the perfect stalking spot and the hole just didn't open up for him. Rather, it was a great ride/decision by Irad to keep him hemmed on the rail. Shades of Vengeance of Rain keeping Alexander Goldrun pinned in in the 2005 HK Cup.

He might have been less unlucky with Forever Unbridled, but IMO it didn't affect the running order. She still got second and wasn't going to beat Cavorting. She was all over the place late and drifting out significantly as they hit and passed the wire. Actually have her in my stable mail as she might be overbet next out.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Not sure what else Rosario could have done in the Belmont. As (I believe it was him) the Mig once said, sometimes rides are bad, sometimes you're just unlucky. He had him in the perfect stalking spot and the hole just didn't open up for him. Rather, it was a great ride/decision by Irad to keep him hemmed on the rail. Shades of Vengeance of Rain keeping Alexander Goldrun pinned in in the 2005 HK Cup.

He might have been less unlucky with Forever Unbridled, but IMO it didn't affect the running order. She still got second and wasn't going to beat Cavorting. She was all over the place late and drifting out significantly as they hit and passed the wire. Actually have her in my stable mail as she might be overbet next out.
Gotta disagree with you here Kitan. I respect Rosario but he was sitting on two monsters today and got them both in trouble. Questionable rides on both. That being said Irad should be commended for a beautiful ride on Creator