Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Havre de Grace

Default 8th Wonder

you couldnt even see the bud bottle when it was in his hand. I don't think he ever paid for a drink in his life, not cause he was cheap, but it was just a wonderous thing to watch. It was like you should be paying him. once he got in the bar at the Ramada, they locked the doors. No one else in, and it's not like anyone was gonna leave. You were in the presence of greatness and you could feel it. The vibe was like at a Grateful Dead show in the fall in a hockey arena, when it was all business....a very good vibe.

on a side note, I love St. Joe Bay in the La Derby. And the boss didn't kill the price on him. Thanks, Boss
Old 03-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Arlington Park

Listening to Len Elmore and Chris Webber for 2+ hours should be considered torture.

Time-out, Chris.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
Listening to Len Elmore and Chris Webber for 2+ hours should be considered torture.

Time-out, Chris.
Ouch.....
Old 03-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post

Time-out, Chris.
They are brutal
Old 03-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Havre de Grace

from the Chris Collinsworth school of how to annoy people. STFU guys
Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 AM
Keeneland

$1,000,000.00 if MSU wins it all. On a $20K bet.

http://national.suntimes.com/college...ion-dollar-bet
Old 04-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Arlington Park

I'm not a Kentucky fan by any means. I just have to live with one.

But as someone who isn't really biased it just seems that if Duke was 38-0 there would be far more coverage in the media right now instead of the incessant talk about the NBA and NFL off-season nonsense.

Plus they retain Rex Chapman for the Kentucky broadcast on TBS? The dude is fresh out of rehab for stealing from an Apple store for an addiction to pain meds.

You can't tell me there isn't another representative of the University that can handle those duties.

Rex Chapman is a dirtbag. He's always been a dirtbag even before the addiction problems. It's called severe narcissism. Stop enabling these type of people.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Hialeah Park

Bucky
Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Arlington Park

Wisconsin made some clutch shots before and after the shot clock.

Congrats and good luck against Duke. Should be another classic match-up.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Keeneland

I feel bad for KY's seniors

On Wisconsin!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

This reminds me a lot of 1991. Wisconsin Played the part of Duke. Duke had been beaten by UNLV the year before and wanted another shot at them. They got that shot and took out an undefeated UNLV team that people were saying was in the conversation for greatest all-time. Same thing with Wisconsin and Kentucky. It's going to be very difficult for Ryan to bring his boys back down off of their emotional high to play again tomorrow. They celebrated last night like they had won the title. Coach K had the same task with Duke in 1991.

On the other side, Coach K has a tough job in front of him too. His players surely had been expecting Kentucky and there is invariably going to be a mental letdown because it's Wisconsin. Not that they will take them lightly but because it's not Kentucky and because they already have gone up to Wisconsin and beaten them this year, comfort will naturally be a little higher.

It's going to be a great matchup. I think the fact that the Wisconsin big men like to play outside will help Duke. It worked against Kentucky because it pulled their big men out and they didn't have the foot speed to keep Wisconsin in front of them and caused them to switch all game and had then out of position for rebounding. Duke can keep Kaminski and Decker I front of them and make it more difficult. On the other end, they will use their quickness to force Wisconsin into a lot of scramble and help situations and create a lot of open looks from three point range and a good number of one on one chances for Okafor.

I like Duke 76-69.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Instant classic. Tyus Jones is a cold-blooded killer and I'd take him on my team any day.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Longchamps

Unbelievable effort by jones. Hats off to duke