Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Flemington

All I said is the guy hit Lotto. He had no extra base hits in the post, and choked with men in scoring position in the post. He wasn't the only one who wasn't knocking in runs, but why would you give this guy all this money if he couldn't knock in runs against top pitching in the post? Singles n' walks? Let someone else knock in the runs? I don't get it. Sure, he is consistent. I don't see him as the star you folks do though. LOL...Gales, you trying to get me fighting even more than I already do. Please don't make me have to watch them boring Yankee Games. I mean it's like they've given shock treatment to Johnny Damon.

BTW, I noticed Manny's dreads are hanging about a foot outside the back of his helmet. Was as he was running to 2nd with a double though. Just keep hitting, my brotha!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
all valid points , to me jeter is overpaid as well maybe overpaid more that arod and tex

Marty, everyone on the Yankees is extremely overpaid. Nobody should make what they do playing freaking baseball.

You are being very funny with this Tex stuff after ONE GAME.

I personally hope he sucks all year and the Yankees win 25 games total. That would be fitting for that disgusting team.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Oriental Park

the whole 1st game was just too much .... you get hope for a player coming in that he is going to be the deal .... then you see him lay an egg ..... and then you remember points made by someone here about him not being the messiah , a star , etc etc and as a yankee fan dealing with unrealistic expectations around the city

i'm sue mark will have a great season , we'll see what happens after that
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
the whole 1st game was just too much .... you get hope for a player coming in that he is going to be the deal .... then you see him lay an egg ..... and then you remember points made by someone here about him not being the messiah , a star , etc etc and as a yankee fan dealing with unrealistic expectations around the city

hopefully nothing happens after that and they are watching the playoffs from their couches!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Flemington

Quote:

Old 04-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Oriental Park

good one!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Flemington

If Beckett is feeling that good, then the overpaid Yanks are fkd. Boston would appear to actually want results for their jak. I don't understand some of the Goodwill shopping they like to do(Brad Penny etc.,) but they are otherwise pretty good with money. Yanks are like an A.D.D. chick on Crack. Sort of like Amy Winehouse (or whatever that white trash skank's name is.)
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Oriental Park

scuds there was fiscsal disipline in the 90's when lord steinbrenner was sent to the penalty box for the dave winfield incident

williams, jeter , pettite were all allowed to develop , martinaez came in at a reasonable price to play 1st

marino was groomed patiently and when hicks threw $ at wetland it worked out just right as he stepped in

heck even giradi was brought in at a reasonable amount and he helped to groom jorge

sadly the emperor returned to bring in randy johnson, kevin brown , giambi , shefield and other and the return on investment has not panned out
Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Churchill Downs

For how many Billion .. to have a ""coors field "" east coast !
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!