Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Marty....

never mind

bob i hope billy gave you muskett man if you were out there last week , i gave it to him twice now
Old 04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Randwyck

Yep. Teixeira is not that good.

Empty Bases: .282 ave, .354 OBP, .516 Slg in 1979 plate appearances. .870 OPS
Men ON: .298, .402, .568 in 1952 plate appearances .970

RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION: .324, .442, .618, 1124 plate appearances. 1.060 OPS.

How about more?

Split G PA HR RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
2 outs, RISP 396 496 37 195 0.291 0.425 0.644 1.07

Late & Close 403 552 32 101 0.282 0.379 0.555 0.933
Tie Game 657 1035 54 178 0.29 0.386 0.535 0.921
Within 1 R 826 1917 91 315 0.284 0.381 0.521 0.902
Within 2 R 870 2544 123 425 0.287 0.382 0.526 0.908
Within 3 R 886 2991 150 509 0.285 0.375 0.528 0.902
Within 4 R 895 3303 165 566 0.289 0.379 0.533 0.912
Old 04-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
Yep. Teixeira is not that good.

Empty Bases: .282 ave, .354 OBP, .516 Slg in 1979 plate appearances. .870 OPS
Men ON: .298, .402, .568 in 1952 plate appearances .970

RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION: .324, .442, .618, 1124 plate appearances. 1.060 OPS.

How about more?

Split G PA HR RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
2 outs, RISP 396 496 37 195 0.291 0.425 0.644 1.07

Late & Close 403 552 32 101 0.282 0.379 0.555 0.933
Tie Game 657 1035 54 178 0.29 0.386 0.535 0.921
Within 1 R 826 1917 91 315 0.284 0.381 0.521 0.902
Within 2 R 870 2544 123 425 0.287 0.382 0.526 0.908
Within 3 R 886 2991 150 509 0.285 0.375 0.528 0.902
Within 4 R 895 3303 165 566 0.289 0.379 0.533 0.912
\

what did he do against boston last year in the playoffs , not his overall stats , but when the games were on the line ??? that is what matters
Old 04-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
\

what did he do against boston last year in the playoffs , not his overall stats , but when the games were on the line ??? that is what matters
You're basing it off of just a few plate appearances. I gave you the splits.

F.uck it. He s.ucks.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

F.uck it. He s.ucks.
it's not about that

arod has the stats , he always has the stats and for god's sake he had to bat 8th against detroit 1 yr in the playoffs

brosius never hit like either a-rod or tex , but , with my life on the line , i would take him right now in a big spot because i have seen him do it when it matters most -

scuds has a good eye for things and tex stunk last year in the playoffs in big spots and it was ironic that yesterday in his 1st big spot he stunk up the joint
Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:

F.uck it. He s.ucks.
Sucks when ring dangling, k? He's of minor significance (as far as ring getting goes.) If you want to just make it to the post, then he can pile on, but he ain't gun carry in dat post. He is not that good against the best, but keeg ignoring what you just saw last October.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Flemington

Quote:

F.uck it. He s.ucks.
A few plate appearances? No, it's about hitting big against the playoff caliber pitching. K? He can't do that. He won't carry. He is not that good against people who are pitching for the ring. Can he get a few base hits? Yea, but you better get someone else to put the dents in their a-s-s. This is no Manny, but he's a good citizen. Make ya kids get good messages n' such. He ain't gun get you dat ring though. Not enough skills at the very highest level. Against bad teams? Sure...bad pitching..you bet. After that, you got an o.k. hitter(nothing special.) What do you think I have against him? Huh? I have nothing against this guy. I've seen him play against the Halos for years. He is more of a "pile-on player" than he is a "carry player." When they were trying to get to the A's in 2006 did he pick them up and carry them? No...He fkn can't. He played 162 games for Texas in 2006. He didn't get close to 200 hits. I know what that means. It means he is getting walks. O.K., and that should show you he is pretty damn tame. You're not gunna carry a team by doing that. You can pile on that way, but not carry. Overall, his stats are very highly overrated, because he played for the Texas Circus. I think it's tricky to try to use stats on any player coming from the Texas Circus. All we know is he played well for the runaway Halos ( until they met playoff caliber pitching.) Then, he was looking for singles n' walks, and tanking with guys in scoring position. Why the change? Different pitching, or he choked. Either way, he didn't deserve to hit Lotto off that performance.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 04-07-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Talk about laying an egg on opening day

I know it's a long season but CC and Texiera come up empty on day 1

Texeria did exactly what scuds said he would do in a big spot - not produce

is this what we should expect out of him this year scuds in these big spots like the 8th inning?
"" Thats a Shame"" !! (J.S.)

Go Soxs !!!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
it's not about that

arod has the stats , he always has the stats and for god's sake he had to bat 8th against detroit 1 yr in the playoffs

brosius never hit like either a-rod or tex , but , with my life on the line , i would take him right now in a big spot because i have seen him do it when it matters most -

scuds has a good eye for things and tex stunk last year in the playoffs in big spots and it was ironic that yesterday in his 1st big spot he stunk up the joint
Yeah that's really ironic. He grounded out in a f.ucking meaningless game against the Orioles. Oh the irony. Cut your losses Yankees. Lord Scuds sayeth the worst is yet to come with Tex.

And I'm sick of this God damn lionization of Scott Brosius. I realize that he represents a time where the Yankees didn't spend as much but won more, but enough. He was a f.ucking total mediocrity at third base who hit one big home run. I don't care if A-Rod goes 0-for-50 in the postseason, if you'd trade him for Scott Brosius, you're a moron.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Churchill Downs

Better watch QVC tonight and get your CC jersey !!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Sha Tin

Teixiera hit .467 with a .550 OBP against Boston in the playoffs last year. Is that not good enough? When you go 7 for 15, maybe just maybe the pitchers are trying to be careful not to groove a fastball or hang a curve to you? Possibly he was taking what they were giving and doing what he can with them? Or maybe he is just gutless or soft....

Baseball is a grind played over a long period of time. What you do in one game or a stretch of games is fairly insignificant.

The Yankees are winning nothing again year just like last year. They are old, slow and the still have major issues. If Posada goes down which is likely, they have a black hole behind the plate. ARod is far from a cinch to regain his usual production following the surgery and intense steroid questions that will follow him regardless of how he is playing. Left field is not a strength, the CF cant hit, the right fielder is coming off a career year and simply is average. Cano has regressed, jeter is a aging, no range SS coming off a poor year. CC is a good pitcher but has pitched an awful lot of innings the last few years. Burnett will get hurt. Wang is a decent third starter, Chamberlain is completely unproven as a starter especially past 140 innings. The bullpen is improved but not nearly as good without joba. When the vast majority of your impact players are on th downside of their careers it is not a good idea to think that they wont regress and continue to do so.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Teixiera hit .467 with a .550 OBP against Boston in the playoffs last year. Is that not good enough? When you go 7 for 15, maybe just maybe the pitchers are trying to be careful not to groove a fastball or hang a curve to you? Possibly he was taking what they were giving and doing what he can with them? Or maybe he is just gutless or soft....

Baseball is a grind played over a long period of time. What you do in one game or a stretch of games is fairly insignificant.

The Yankees are winning nothing again year just like last year. They are old, slow and the still have major issues. If Posada goes down which is likely, they have a black hole behind the plate. ARod is far from a cinch to regain his usual production following the surgery and intense steroid questions that will follow him regardless of how he is playing. Left field is not a strength, the CF cant hit, the right fielder is coming off a career year and simply is average. Cano has regressed, jeter is a aging, no range SS coming off a poor year. CC is a good pitcher but has pitched an awful lot of innings the last few years. Burnett will get hurt. Wang is a decent third starter, Chamberlain is completely unproven as a starter especially past 140 innings. The bullpen is improved but not nearly as good without joba. When the vast majority of your impact players are on th downside of their careers it is not a good idea to think that they wont regress and continue to do so.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Yeah that's really ironic. He grounded out in a f.ucking meaningless game against the Orioles. Oh the irony. Cut your losses Yankees. Lord Scuds sayeth the worst is yet to come with Tex.

And I'm sick of this God damn lionization of Scott Brosius. I realize that he represents a time where the Yankees didn't spend as much but won more, but enough. He was a f.ucking total mediocrity at third base who hit one big home run. I don't care if A-Rod goes 0-for-50 in the postseason, if you'd trade him for Scott Brosius, you're a moron.

how bout Sojo - he got the key hit against the mets to win the world series , can't say that bout tex or a-rod to this point , they may get you there but will they take you over the hump in the key spots

i doubt anyone here has seen Tex play as much as scuds , he opinion from last year was in my mind and then , yesterday big spot and he comes up blank - just wasn't a good day for me as a yankee fan seeing that joey
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
how bout Sojo - he got the key hit against the mets to win the world series , can't say that bout tex or a-rod to this point , they may get you there but will they take you over the hump in the key spots

i doubt anyone here has seen Tex play as much as scuds , he opinion from last year was in my mind and then , yesterday big spot and he comes up blank - just wasn't a good day for me as a yankee fan seeing that joey
Teixera is the best player on the Yankess...by a large margin.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Teixera is the best player on the Yankess...by a large margin.

that maybe true Chuck , but , yesterday's flop was a perfect call by Scuds
and to see it happen against a hapless balt pitching team doesn't inspire much confidence at this point

he can hit 30 hr's and drive in 100 rbi's , but, the $$$ won't be worth it unless he gets key hits off of becektt and lester and dice k in the playoffs
Old 04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
that maybe true Chuck , but , yesterday's flop was a perfect call by Scuds
and to see it happen against a hapless balt pitching team doesn't inspire much confidence at this point

he can hit 30 hr's and drive in 100 rbi's , but, the $$$ won't be worth it unless he gets key hits off of becektt and lester and dice k in the playoffs
Dude you seem to be missing the point. The Yankees arent making the playoffs without Tex. Key hits are totally random and are completely dependent on a number of factors that the batter has no control over. Without a monster year from Tex the Yankees have no shot at the playoffs in the first place. Greatness in baseball is defined by consistently being better than your competitors over a long term, not because of one game or series of games.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Dude you seem to be missing the point. The Yankees arent making the playoffs without Tex. Key hits are totally random and are completely dependent on a number of factors that the batter has no control over. Without a monster year from Tex the Yankees have no shot at the playoffs in the first place. Greatness in baseball is defined by consistently being better than your competitors over a long term, not because of one game or series of games.
that is all true , but , not in NY , stats wise people in NY should bow down to A-Rod .... but they don't , they bow down to Jeter because of his postseason history

Stats wise Jeter can't even carry Arod's travel bag , but , winning is all that matters to a yankee fan

donnie baseball gets a pass - he was a lifelong yankee who never one , but , he never got a lottery ticket like this Tex kid did from them either
Old 04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
that is all true , but , not in NY , stats wise people in NY should bow down to A-Rod .... but they don't , they bow down to Jeter because of his postseason history

Stats wise Jeter can't even carry Arod's travel bag , but , winning is all that matters to a yankee fan

donnie baseball gets a pass - he was a lifelong yankee who never one , but , he never got a lottery ticket like this Tex kid did from them either
Arod is now in decline also. Jeter likewise. Jeter has been on the team for the last 8 years when they won nothing people seem to forget. The captain has been Captain failure in the 2000's yet Yankee fans and the retards that own the team want to blame Arod. Baseball is a team game and no one player can win or lose a game or series. Jeter is likeable, Arod is not it comes down to that not winning. And most Yankee fans are delusional anyway.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:

Oh God please let Tex hit two, three run homers tomorrow night including a walk off job. I just don't have the strength to read all this again on Friday if he has another crappy game. Maybe a big game tomorrow will spare me some of the Tex negativity to at least Monday (when he will have about 6 games as a Yank under his belt ).
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Arod is now in decline also. Jeter likewise. Jeter has been on the team for the last 8 years when they won nothing people seem to forget. The captain has been Captain failure in the 2000's yet Yankee fans and the retards that own the team want to blame Arod. Baseball is a team game and no one player can win or lose a game or series. Jeter is likeable, Arod is not it comes down to that not winning. And most Yankee fans are delusional anyway.
all valid points , to me jeter is overpaid as well maybe overpaid more that arod and tex