Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Oriental Park

Default ny yankees

Talk about laying an egg on opening day

I know it's a long season but CC and Texiera come up empty on day 1

Texeria did exactly what scuds said he would do in a big spot - not produce

is this what we should expect out of him this year scuds in these big spots like the 8th inning?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
Talk about laying an egg on opening day

I know it's a long season but CC and Texiera come up empty on day 1

Texeria did exactly what scuds said he would do in a big spot - not produce

is this what we should expect out of him this year scuds in these big spots like the 8th inning?
You forgot to mention that they are on pace to lose 162 games this season.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Del Mar

Im even more disappointed than either of you. I bet a friend that they would go undefeated.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
You forgot to mention that they are on pace to lose 162 games this season.

we saw things yesterday that make you wonder about why thye gave these guys all this money , that's all i'm saying

scuds has been right about this Tex guy - he had shots against Boston last year with men on in the playoffs and didn't come through - he picked up right were he left off from last year
Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Del Mar

Well, i see a lineup that will be fierce at the plate and weak in the field. I see a very good pitching staff with extremely suspect middle relief and setup and an aging closer.

Texiera will hit his and he will come through sometimes and sometimes he won't.

Sabathia will win 15 games at least but I don't remember him being one of those shut down guys when the bright lights were on. Someone correct me if that is inaccurate.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Oriental Park

not against boston is he anyway - cc and carmona couldn't get anyone out in '07
Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Flemington

Quote:
we saw things yesterday that make you wonder about why thye gave these guys all this money , that's all i'm saying

scuds has been right about this Tex guy - he had shots against Boston last year with men on in the playoffs and didn't come through - he picked up right were he left off from last year
Do you remember the start that Sabathia got of to last year? He was 0-3 in his first 4 games. He gave up 27 earned runs on 32 hits.

The only thing I know about Tex is that he is usually much better after the all star break (a lot of good that does them now). But I guess A-Rod is not around to take the crap, so it falls into Tex's lap. But Nady and Matsui left 4 men on base too.

But you should probably wait at least another 2-3 games before you declare these guys as busts.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Do you remember the start that Sabathia got of to last year? He was 0-3 in his first 4 games. He gave up 27 earned runs on 32 hits.

The only thing I know about Tex is that he is usually much better after the all star break (a lot of good that does them now). But I guess A-Rod is not around to take the crap, so it falls into Tex's lap. But Nady and Matsui left 4 men on base too.

But you should probably wait at least another 2-3 games before you declare these guys as busts.

scuds will fill us in on Tex later i'm sure

but as a yankee fan that was not the start you were looking for from these 300 million dollar men

no on the other hand k-rod and the other relievers did the job yesterday
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Flemington

Quote:
scuds will fill us in on Tex later i'm sure

but as a yankee fan that was not the start you were looking for from these 300 million dollar men

no on the other hand k-rod and the other relievers did the job yesterday
Yeah you got me, that awesome Mets pitching staff is only going to give up 1 run every game. Since that's the case, it's no big deal that they left a small village on base yesterday.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Oriental Park

[quote=MaTH716]Yeah you got me, that awesome Mets pitching staff is only going to give up 1 run every game. Since that's the case, it's no big deal that they left a small village on base yesterday.

you're missing the point , i am a yankee fan , the mets big time new guy showed up yesterday and mowed them down in the 9th with the game on the line

as for cc and tex well , they looked like the guys in the banks getting all that and not giving up a thing in return except cc got an early shower
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Flemington

[quote=gales0678]
Quote:
Yeah you got me, that awesome Mets pitching staff is only going to give up 1 run every game. Since that's the case, it's no big deal that they left a small village on base yesterday.

you're missing the point , i am a yankee fan , the mets big time new guy showed up yesterday and mowed them down in the 9th with the game on the line

as for cc and tex well , they looked like the guys in the banks getting all that and not giving up a thing in return except cc got an early shower
You're missing the point:
IT'S ONLY 1 FUCl<IN GAME!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Oriental Park

[quote=MaTH716]
Quote:

You're missing the point:
IT'S ONLY 1 FUCl<IN GAME!
relax buddy you don't have to scream and curse , people might think you are losing your mind!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:

relax buddy you don't have to scream and curse , people might think you are losing your mind!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

good one

let's hope things get better on wed
Old 04-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Flemington

Quote:

good one

let's hope things get better on wed
Wouldn't be surprised if Sabathia rebounds nicely, but I've never thought Tex was a star. Stars are almost always having to constantly cover up their ego. I mean it's pretty scary how big their self image is. He's not like that. He just found the same old fools that were stupid enough to give him Lotto. He has never singlehandedly done anything. Just doesn't take over like Manny did for the Dodgers, or like Beckett has done twice to get rings. Sabathia just took over and willed a questionable team into the post. He's unproven in the post, but he's proven he can take over a team, and get something won. The Halos were gunna roll to that division regardless. Tex was in a pile on position there during the season. When the post started? No extra base hits. He's not a star. He's a Lotto Winner.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Oriental Park

problem is if he don't play like a star in NY it will get worse

the post killed im today , i will read the news later but i'm sure it ain't kind either

somehow it will all be arod's fault in the end anyway , but, the fans will see through this if they don't produce
Old 04-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:
problem is if he don't play like a star in NY it will get worse

the post killed im today , i will read the news later but i'm sure it ain't kind either

somehow it will all be arod's fault in the end anyway , but, the fans will see through this if they don't produce
Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Oriental Park

listen - this is great stuff you post , but, scuds is to be taken seriously

he has as good of an opinion on baseball as anyone on here

as i watched yesterday and saw that gutless ground out, i that about the postseason last year and his gutless at bats against the red sox when he had a chance to be a difference maker in the series

as a yankee fan these are not good signs , if arod don;t get back , it could be over before it starts as yogi says
Old 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Flemington

Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
listen - this is great stuff you post , but, scuds is to be taken seriously

he has as good of an opinion on baseball as anyone on here

as i watched yesterday and saw that gutless ground out, i that about the postseason last year and his gutless at bats against the red sox when he had a chance to be a difference maker in the series

as a yankee fan these are not good signs , if arod don;t get back , it could be over before it starts as yogi says
Marty....

never mind