Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
No, he's playing the point because Jason Richards graduated.

This is completely false of course.
That is NOT why he's playing the point. It's part of the reason but the biggest one is because of what I said. I'm sure of it.

And as for the statement about the guys believing they will be pros, I suggest that you go to one of the camps for high school seniors to be. Go to one where they invite the top 150 juniors and poll them and see how many think they will be in the NBA. If you don't come up with 135 or more, I'd eat my hat. At that age, after being "stars" all through school, they have unrealistic evaluations of their own talents. Trust me, I know this from personal experience.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 01-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
No, he's playing the point because Jason Richards graduated.

This is completely false of course.
Joe they ALL think they will make it. Send a PM to Storm Cadet and ask him what he see and hears FIRST HAND. And if you see a NBA player on St' Johns roster let me know.

As for the quality of announcers i give you Billy Packer and Dick Vitale...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Sha Tin

I watch both college and pro hoops and I dont hate college and some NBA matchups wind up **** (like any game involving the Dallas Mavericks). But the quality of play in college simply isnt very good anymore, even at the higher levels. I wonder how anyone can enjoy watching particular players play then stop watching them once they go on to play in the pros?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I watch both college and pro hoops and I dont hate college and some NBA matchups wind up **** (like any game involving the Dallas Mavericks). But the quality of play in college simply isnt very good anymore, even at the higher levels. I wonder how anyone can enjoy watching particular players play then stop watching them once they go on to play in the pros?
Quality of play, I agree, isnt even close to what it use to be. Competitiveness is but the players as a whole arent nearly as good. That part is impossible to debate.

I watch a ton of hoops as well. One NBA team I have enjoyed watching lately is the Thunder believe it or not. I watched them the first week of the season and I would have bet that they were the worst team in the league. Things have changed. They are young and learning to play together and win and Durant is developing into a really fine player along with Westbrook and Green. check them out if you havent seen them play. They play hard most every night.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I didn't mean exactly 22 and 10. I was just saying a big time producer. It could be 25-8 or 19-12. Or even 27-7-7.
Vince Carter plays hard every night?

I know what you are saying.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
That is NOT why he's playing the point. It's part of the reason but the biggest one is because of what I said. I'm sure of it.

And as for the statement about the guys believing they will be pros, I suggest that you go to one of the camps for high school seniors to be. Go to one where they invite the top 150 juniors and poll them and see how many think they will be in the NBA. If you don't come up with 135 or more, I'd eat my hat. At that age, after being "stars" all through school, they have unrealistic evaluations of their own talents. Trust me, I know this from personal experience.
Cut this **** out. This is your defense of everything. "I know this for a fact." Is there any subject you don't have inside information on? Polling All-American teams is different from what you said. And as for St. John's, all I'll say is that I wouldn't go there looking for the bastion of athlete's realism.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Cut this **** out. This is your defense of everything. "I know this for a fact." Is there any subject you don't have inside information on? Polling All-American teams is different from what you said. And as for St. John's, all I'll say is that I wouldn't go there looking for the bastion of athlete's realism.
How is it different? My original statment was that 90% of the guys that sign on to top 10-20 teams. How is that different than polling the all-American teams? Who do you think are the players signing on to those teams? Or maybe you think the all-Americans are signing on at Bradley and Marist and the top teams are getting the leftover scrubs. The all-Americans and the players going to the top teams are ONE AND THE SAME! It's not different.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Goodwood

Quote:

I actually agree with KG on this point. He's saying that until proven otherwise and they face reality that they are NOT an NBA talent, they have been told by everyone so many times that they will be an NBA stud they think it. 90% seems like a reasonable estimate.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
How is it different? My original statment was that 90% of the guys that sign on to top 10-20 teams. How is that different than polling the all-American teams? Who do you think are the players signing on to those teams? Or maybe you think the all-Americans are signing on at Bradley and Marist and the top teams are getting the leftover scrubs. The all-Americans and the players going to the top teams are ONE AND THE SAME! It's not different.
Now I give up.