Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Sha Tin

Default Mock draft theory

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...odd&id=3803148

If you are Bradford and Detroit is thinking of picking you doesnt going out and playing like Pennington to throw them off the scent cross your mind?

And if the kid from Alabama is really going to be the 2nd pick then he was coming out anyway.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Flemington

He could always just pull an Eli Manning.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse
He could always just pull an Eli Manning.
aka the horse faced Elway move.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell

If you are Bradford and Detroit is thinking of picking you doesnt going out and playing like Pennington to throw them off the scent cross your mind?

And if the kid from Alabama is really going to be the 2nd pick then he was coming out anyway.
early sign from smith, he was coming back for his senior season. here's monday's part of the saga. someone here has to be lying.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/bi...130.xml&coll=2
Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

I think you consider doing an LDS mission and wait for 2010...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:

he's only a soph. just stay in school another year. he's now cursed with the heisman. heisman winners don't do well in NCGs or the NFL.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
early sign from smith, he was coming back for his senior season. here's monday's part of the saga. someone here has to be lying.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/bi...130.xml&coll=2
darren if he is that good and would be a top 5 pick he would be crazy not to go. I dont believe that he was coming back if he was going to be a top 5 pick, it makes no sense.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
I think you consider doing an LDS mission and wait for 2010...
unfortunately there is a good chance Detroit picks number 1 again
Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

Millen is gone and there is nowhere to go but up. Expectations will be low and he won't be expected to do anything until his third season. He gets a stud WR and a second year RB who showed a lot of promise as a rookie averaging 4.1 per attempt for an awful football team. If Bradford has game they will be a decent offense and he can grow into the position as they improve the defense and eventually become a playoff contender by year 3 or 4. It is not a terrible situation to go into by any means.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
darren if he is that good and would be a top 5 pick he would be crazy not to go. I dont believe that he was coming back if he was going to be a top 5 pick, it makes no sense.
i don't disagree with you but i heard he was coming back. My Opinion, he should come back. i think he's still abit over-weight and could use another year of strength, conditioning and work on his technique. he lost his whole freshman season to the shula staff.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Oh, and when could the next labor agreement potentially be put in place between the player's union and the owners? Both sides seem to want to curb the amount of money that high draft picks are getting and redistribute it to proven players so that seems something that will surely be implemented in the next labor agreement. If there is any chance that deal could go into effect for next year's draft then you absolutely need to come out now and take the huge payday. Plus when you are #1 one year there is no guarantee you will be the next year. Other QBs could move ahead of him. Remember Leinart? Had he left early and gone #1 as many projected he would instead of Alex Smith then he'd have collected another $10 million in signing bonus plus a lot more over the annual salaries he got the next year as the #10 pick.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Oh, and when could the next labor agreement potentially be put in place between the player's union and the owners? Both sides seem to want to curb the amount of money that high draft picks are getting and redistribute it to proven players so that seems something that will surely be implemented in the next labor agreement. If there is any chance that deal could go into effect for next year's draft then you absolutely need to come out now and take the huge payday. Plus when you are #1 one year there is no guarantee you will be the next year. Other QBs could move ahead of him. Remember Leinart? Had he left early and gone #1 as many projected he would instead of Alex Smith then he'd have collected another $10 million in signing bonus plus a lot more over the annual salaries he got the next year as the #10 pick.
The owner's opted out of the current agreement so 2011 is the first year there could be a lock-out. Next year is "as is", but 2010 is a little more uncertain. And yes, one of the main reasons they opted out was the disproportionate amount of money going to rookies vs vets
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
The owner's opted out of the current agreement so 2011 is the first year there could be a lock-out. Next year is "as is", but 2010 is a little more uncertain. And yes, one of the main reasons they opted out was the disproportionate amount of money going to rookies vs vets
Is 2010 the year that could potentially be uncapped? If so it would seem there is potential for an agreement to take place starting that season which might include the 2010 draft.

Also, I forgot that the Lions have 4 of the top 65 picks in the draft thanks to Dallas taking Roy Williams off their hands. Detroit would really not be a bad spot to be drafted #1 assuming they address the O-line through the draft and free agency to protect their new franchise QB.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Is 2010 the year that could potentially be uncapped? If so it would seem there is potential for an agreement to take place starting that season which might include the 2010 draft.

Also, I forgot that the Lions have 4 of the top 65 picks in the draft thanks to Dallas taking Roy Williams off their hands. Detroit would really not be a bad spot to be drafted #1 assuming they address the O-line through the draft and free agency to protect their new franchise QB.
That's the key to this, but I don't know without searching more. Just remembered the basics because GB lives and dies by a cap and it's a real concern up there.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Millen is gone and there is nowhere to go but up. Expectations will be low and he won't be expected to do anything until his third season. He gets a stud WR and a second year RB who showed a lot of promise as a rookie averaging 4.1 per attempt for an awful football team. If Bradford has game they will be a decent offense and he can grow into the position as they improve the defense and eventually become a playoff contender by year 3 or 4. It is not a terrible situation to go into by any means.
It is the Lions, it is a terrible situation.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
i don't disagree with you but i heard he was coming back. My Opinion, he should come back. i think he's still abit over-weight and could use another year of strength, conditioning and work on his technique. he lost his whole freshman season to the shula staff.
If he is a top 5 pick he has to go simply because the contract slots for those guys are so big he couldnt risk getting hurt or playing poorly the next season. there is no upside to staying.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

Millen may be gone but they havent brought anyone else in and arent going to. There is almost no chance they dont screw up this draft. The Lions have never been good in my lifetime and I'm gettin up there.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Sha Tin

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ay-thoughts-5/
Old 01-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Millen may be gone but they havent brought anyone else in and arent going to. There is almost no chance they dont screw up this draft. The Lions have never been good in my lifetime and I'm gettin up there.

Woah, woah... 1995 ...First time ever that a team has 2 players finish with 100+ receptions. (Herm Moore (123) and Brett Perriman(109), I think)

Shall we even get into the "If Barry had Emmitt's Oline debate"?

Lomas Brown's gaurantee of a playoff win over Philly and Ray Rhodes retort is my fondest memory from that team.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
never remember the lions being this bad. 500 at best but never this bad.