Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Sha Tin

Default Congrats to...

Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb for getting to the playoffs despite all the nasty things said about you!!!! I'm sure this board provided ample motivation.

Think Jerry Jones and Tony Homo are feeling good on the plane ride home?

By the way Emmitt Smith loved Dallas and the Jets
Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
pgardn

Ohhh the drama back at camp Cowboy.

Jerry Jones might tear his face with
the grimacing and yelling that will proceed this game.
Dont like to be a hater (have been a Cowboy hater
all my life, living with Cowboy fans is pure hell) but
that game was so soooooo sweeet.

Damn good stuff.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Jerome Park

The ONE sad thing about being in the playoffs is those two oafs will be back next year... seriously, one of them needs to go... and I'd much rather it be Reid.

Congrats to the Eagles D... they are real strong... and congrats to the eagles running game! Glad to see the running backs were actually used today!!

Honestly, after this pretty pitiful season, the eagles in no way deserve to be in the playoffs. But it just seemed like NO team wanted that last playoff spot!!

I went to the game today (yeah im cool ).... it was really amazing. We left thinking the best thing that could happen to us was knocking the cowgirls out of the playoffs... then ALL the stars fell into line and some how magic happened... This **** usually does not happen to Philly sports... maybe the Phillies gave this city some hope!!

It was really intense at the Linc today... when the bucs missed on 4th and 10... and the bears missed the onside kick... the stadium was electric.

Either the birds played like the best team in the league today (which they have shown some weeks... just to suck other weeks) or the Cowgirls and Mr. Homo are just huge losers and suck horse balls.

The playoffs could be real interesting... if the GOOD eagles show up... the could be tough to beat... they can handle the vikes, they can handle the giants... i dont know about the panthers... if the SHITTY eagles show up the are done next week.

Go Birds... way to give me 16 heart attacks this season.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Hialeah Park

Interesting Parcells angle

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795922
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Jerome Park

to add from my post above...

Congrats to those ***** ass mother****ing cowgirls piles of ****... Have fun watching the playoffs in Dallas on your bigscreens.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:08 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Parcells' contract specifically states only Huizenga can be in authority over him.

I love it.

Very interesting twist, the article as a whole I mean.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
to add from my post above...

Congrats to those ***** ass mother****ing cowgirls piles of ****... Have fun watching the playoffs in Dallas on your bigscreens.
Anti, please don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Actually I feel the same way. Congrats on the birds getting in. They are playing very well right now and I expect them to be back at the Meadowlands in 2 weeks. Honestly I would have rathered the Bucs get in (Boy do they really suck!). They don't scare me, the birds do. Good Luck next week.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Arlington Park

i think parcells' gets a large bump and stays in miami. why would he want to leave that situation?

and philly fans don't deserve reid. i really hope they succeed in chasing him out. sorry anti. you won't get anyone better.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb for getting to the playoffs despite all the nasty things said about you!!!! I'm sure this board provided ample motivation.

Think Jerry Jones and Tony Homo are feeling good on the plane ride home?

By the way Emmitt Smith loved Dallas and the Jets
Cowboys and Romo are a disgrace, everything falls in place for you to win and get in and you lose by 38 lol
Old 12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Santa Anita

Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
i think parcells' gets a large bump and stays in miami. why would he want to leave that situation?

and philly fans don't deserve reid. i really hope they succeed in chasing him out. sorry anti. you won't get anyone better.

i dont understand why everyone... outside of philly of course... feels this way. Jim Johnson is far and away the best coach the eagles have (eventhough I dont think he would make a great head coach... stick to defense!). Reid lost a few games for the eagles this year, and he doesnt draft spectacular..

i will admit that I give McNabb maybe more crap than he deserves. Its tough being a Philly fan though. But Reid is not what the rest of the league thinks he is. he cant even control his own kids who live under his roof...

this doesnt mean anything cause Laurie wont get rid of Reid.

Bring Back Buddy Ryan!!!!

& thanks Math... it would be a great game @ the meadowlands if the eagles were to get by this next game..
Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
i dont understand why everyone... outside of philly of course... feels this way. Jim Johnson is far and away the best coach the eagles have (eventhough I dont think he would make a great head coach... stick to defense!). Reid lost a few games for the eagles this year, and he doesnt draft spectacular..

i will admit that I give McNabb maybe more crap than he deserves. Its tough being a Philly fan though. But Reid is not what the rest of the league thinks he is. he cant even control his own kids who live under his roof...

this doesnt mean anything cause Laurie wont get rid of Reid.

Bring Back Buddy Ryan!!!!

& thanks Math... it would be a great game @ the meadowlands if the eagles were to get by this next game..
Dearest-

Buddy was an amazing defensive coordinator (probably the best that ever did it) but a pretty lousy head coach. Compare what Reid has done to what Buddy did. Reid comes out way ahead.

Compare Reid to any coach the eagles have had in the modern era including Vermeil and Reid comes out way ahead.

All he does is win games.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Hialeah Park

I took the subway to the game today only knowing that the teams we needed to win were in a dogfight. I had a horrible feeling that Tom Cable's playcall towards teh end was going to ruin it for us, he's too simplistic. Had my old man tape teh game for me so I will watch it tomorrow after work...My day was pretty much dampened by an 'in-house' issue that I ho[pe everything works out for us...Never in a million years would I think the Eagles backdooring into the playoffs would be marred by ANYTHING, but I was wrong...

With that said....

Now that we're in, ANYTHING can happen.

I've been harsh on Andy from time to time, but it was tough not to be and I believe warranted. The rollercoaster of a year was at floor level for too much of it. From questionable(at best) playcalling to arrogance in his personnel decisions, he drew teh ire from all of us true Eagle fans...Watching Donovan on teh sidelines when the game was in the bag made it all worthwhile. If we would only give him his wideout that demands a double team, we wiould be in BUSINESS, every year...

I usually hate the Cowboys, but tonite I love them....that team is yesterday's mayonnaise...stinking like a bag of neglected armpits and overused, underwashed beef curtains...gang of miscreants..

disclaimer: Im drunk. NOne of this will make sense...will clean it up tomorrow..

GO BIRDS!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Del Mar

[ If we would only give him his wideout that demands a double team, we wiould be in BUSINESS, every year...

GO BIRDS!![/quote]

Now you're talkin!

Exactly. The cast that they have surrounded Mcnabb with during his time in Philly is tragic. Give him just one guy.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Dearest-

Buddy was an amazing defensive coordinator (probably the best that ever did it) but a pretty lousy head coach. Compare what Reid has done to what Buddy did. Reid comes out way ahead.

Compare Reid to any coach the eagles have had in the modern era including Vermeil and Reid comes out way ahead.

All he does is win games.
lol I agree... I just love Buddy Ryan!

I think you can compare all the eagles coaches with this one fact: The Eagles have 0 Superbowl victories!!

All Eagles coaches suck!!!!!!!

But... All the credit that Reid gets should be shared with the Defensive Coordinator... he actually deserves more credit.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
But it just seemed like NO team wanted that last playoff spot!
You could say that again. Seriously, like 6 games went exactly the way the Bears needed them to over the last two weeks, and had the chance to even get the crazy scenario wild card...and couldn't do it.

and the eagles emphatically took it for themselves.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

all The Bears had to do was win against the Texans and they would be in the playoffs

Lovie Smith should be fired

for that and doing squib kicks that cost them the game against Atlanta and almost cost them the game against the Packers

The Rams lost on a squib kick
that and the Patriots cheated
Old 12-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Gulfstream Park

Fat Andy may "win games", dalakhani … but he still hasn't won the BIG game … and, frankly, I doubt he ever will.

Quote:
Exactly. The cast that they have surrounded Mcnabb with during his time in Philly is tragic. Give him just one guy.
Didn't Fat Andy have the final say on personnel moves ... for the last TEN years?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Operator
Fat Andy may "win games", dalakhani … but he still hasn't won the BIG game … and, frankly, I doubt he ever will.

Didn't Fat Andy have the final say on personnel moves ... for the last TEN years?
Yes he did. But...how long did it take cowher to win a superbowl? What is so much different between Reid's first ten years and Cowher's? Would you not consider Cowher's tenure in Pittsburgh successful?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Gulfstream Park

Only took Chucky a year in TB, dalakhani

Quote:
Yes he did. But...how long did it take cowher to win a superbowl? What is so much different between Reid's first ten years and Cowher's? Would you not consider Cowher's tenure in Pittsburgh successful?
Probably not much ... it's that fourteenth season of Cowher's, though, that will probably always keep him a notch or two above Fat Andy on the head coaching scale.

As a Birds fan, I hope I'm wrong...