Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Default way to go fins..

showing more hart..nice job boys..

jets bend over again..lol you lovin farve now.. his best move is the int late to seal the game..baaaaaaaahh
Old 12-21-2008, 06:47 PM

well they were down a few points late..but hey a win is a win..and hart.. man did you guys see what mason did for the ravens.. dislocated shoulder .gets the shot ..plays gets the fumble..then wins the game with a td on one good arm..unreal
Old 12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Flemington

The Fins gave up 500 yards to the lowly Chiefs offense. They will probably lose on the road to the Jets next week.

Way more importantly than making any playoff games, Moss is tied with Boldin for the NFL lead in recieving touchdowns with one week to go.

He was the outright leauge leader in receving TD's in '98, '00, '03, and '07. If he wins it this year, I think it would be the 5th different starting qb he's won it with. I think Cunningham started 13 or 14 games off the bench in '98, I think Jeff George started 10 games off the bench in '00, Culpepper started 14 games and Gus Frerotte started the other 2 in '03, Tom Brady played the full season in '07, and Matt Cassell played all but one quarter this season so far.

Cassell has avg'd 35 points a game for his last 6 games, and has a shot to win 11 games and throw for over 4K yards this year. I pity the team that is suckered into going after him next year. It's funny how good qb's look when safeties have to play deep and roll to Moss on every play.

Just go shotgun, spread the field with recievers in 4 and 5 wideout sets, and exploit all the big mis-matches underneath with the other recievers. Hand the ball off out of a shotgun spread and avg 7 yards a run with your 3rd and 4th and 5th string rb's because the safety is way out of position. And if the defense wants to do something about taking away the rinky dink stuff they will have to cover Moss the legit way or else hope he drops a bunch of easy catches like he has been doing a lot of lately.

When Brady comes back -if the O-line is consistant with their pass blocking - and the defense stays halfway healthy - they will make another run at 19-0 and break their own scoring record. Because of all the big D injuries, the spotty O-line play, the Brady injury, and the wildly inexpierienced qb without a good deep ball asked to replace Brady ... this has been totally a lost year for the Pats.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

LOL @ bragging about another squeaker for the Dolphins. They're a phucking joke. A joke. Dolphin fans had better PRAY the Pats beat the Bills (I know that'll knock them out), because they'll get COMPLETELY exposed if the Jets have an open door to the playoffs. The Jets have fallen off too, but all these Dolphin bandwagoners need to kindly eat a bag of d.icks. When Chad Henne is 3-9 next year, you'll all be Texans fans or whatever the f.uck.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
LOL @ bragging about another squeaker for the Dolphins. They're a phucking joke. A joke. Dolphin fans had better PRAY the Pats beat the Bills (I know that'll knock them out), because they'll get COMPLETELY exposed if the Jets have an open door to the playoffs. The Jets have fallen off too, but all these Dolphin bandwagoners need to kindly eat a bag of d.icks. When Chad Henne is 3-9 next year, you'll all be Texans fans or whatever the f.uck.
Keep on crying....Knocking a win while your team scores 3 points against that juggernaut Seattle. When Roger Klemmens is your QB next year and you suck so bad that you are eligible for the NBA draft lottery we will see who is still crying.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Keep on crying....Knocking a win while your team scores 3 points against that juggernaut Seattle. When Roger Klemmens is your QB next year and you suck so bad that you are eligible for the NBA draft lottery we will see who is still crying.
Get serious. You know this Dolphins team is smoke and mirrors. The Jets have turned into a pile of crap too, I realize, but you can't possibly think these Dolphins are worth anything. You're not that dumb.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Tropical Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlMnfHqPefY
Old 12-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Get serious. You know this Dolphins team is smoke and mirrors. The Jets have turned into a pile of crap too, I realize, but you can't possibly think these Dolphins are worth anything. You're not that dumb.
1 win last year, 10 wins this year. Yeah we should be depressed about how things are going....

The NFL isnt like the joke that college fb is. If they keep winning regardless of how ugly it still counts. Not to mention the joy i will get at the sight of the queer in the Fireman hat sobbing after the Dolphins wins next Sunday
Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
1 win last year, 10 wins this year. Yeah we should be depressed about how things are going....

The NFL isnt like the joke that college fb is. If they keep winning regardless of how ugly it still counts. Not to mention the joy i will get at the sight of the queer in the Fireman hat sobbing after the Dolphins wins next Sunday
I didn't say Douchephin fans should be depressed, they just shouldn't be thumping their chests like they root for some powerhouse. I'm telling you, if the Pats somehow lose to the Bills on Sunday, all of next year's Texans fans will see what the Dolphins are really about.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I didn't say Douchephin fans should be depressed, they just shouldn't be thumping their chests like they root for some powerhouse. I'm telling you, if the Pats somehow lose to the Bills on Sunday, all of next year's Texans fans will see what the Dolphins are really about.
Doesn't matter what the Pats do when Miami wins, they get the title.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Sha Tin

Oh yeah if you are trying to subtly say that the texans will be next years surprise team let me refer you to todays game against Oakland.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Oh yeah if you are trying to subtly say that the texans will be next years surprise team let me refer you to todays game against Oakland.
The Texans are close to being a good team but they aren't there yet. This year at least they had an excuse... the hurricane destroyed the start of their season. They played half their season with an absolute stiff at quarterback- since the 0-4 start they are 5-1 with Schaub and 2-3 with Rosenfels.

I'm sure of one thing for next year... Steve Slaton WILL lead the league in rushing. He is an absolute STUD in the making.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Del Mar

The line opened at jets -3. I would think the jets would be laying a little more than that. If it stays there, I would give the 3 points and take the jets at home in the wind tunnel.

Regardless of what happens, the fish have had a phenomenal season. Yes, they play to their comp but they win. This isnt the BCS meaning you don't get "style points". Are they legit contenders? No, in my opinion they are not legit. But does it really matter?

Would you rather be a chiefs fan? Or a skins fan? LOL (muffled by paper bag)
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
The line opened at jets -3. I would think the jets would be laying a little more than that. If it stays there, I would give the 3 points and take the jets at home in the wind tunnel.

Regardless of what happens, the fish have had a phenomenal season. Yes, they play to their comp but they win. This isnt the BCS meaning you don't get "style points". Are they legit contenders? No, in my opinion they are not legit. But does it really matter?

I'm actually surprised it's that high, considering how terrible the Jets have been since Tennessee. I thought it would be Jets -1, maybe 1 1/2. I think it drifts down.

Going to be interesting to see whether or not they keep the Dolphins/Jets game at 1:00 or move it to 4:15. I would think the NFL would want to stretch out the AFC East drama.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
The Texans are close to being a good team but they aren't there yet. This year at least they had an excuse... the hurricane destroyed the start of their season. They played half their season with an absolute stiff at quarterback- since the 0-4 start they are 5-1 with Schaub and 2-3 with Rosenfels.

I'm sure of one thing for next year... Steve Slaton WILL lead the league in rushing. He is an absolute STUD in the making.
KOOL AID

Texans will never be good until they solidify their offense line, their defensive line is getting there, but their offensive line is still horrible.

Look at any good football team, and you will see a good offensive line, and probably a good defensive line. (Look at Tenn, NINE SACKS the whole year, that is amazing)
Old 12-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
KOOL AID

Texans will never be good until they solidify their offense line, their defensive line is getting there, but their offensive line is still horrible.

Look at any good football team, and you will see a good offensive line, and probably a good defensive line. (Look at Tenn, NINE SACKS the whole year, that is amazing)
Thanks Mike Ditka, have fun turning into an ice cube with arms and legs tonight
Old 12-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani

i don't mind being a skins fan....most of the time.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:13 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
KOOL AID

Not drinking the Kool Aid, their division is too tough. But I am drinking the Slaton Kool Aid.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
you jets fans are allways hating..you dumped pennington for the old man farve now hes gonna make you pay..dont get me wrong i did not in any way think the fins would win 10 games..and i used to like the jets pre farve.but the balls of the mgmnt in ny to think that old man will get them any closer than chad would have is retarded.they will be drinking alot of 18 yr old scotch in the owners booth to drowned out that sting after the game sunday.

ps they should have beat the jets last time..with the hail mary and the non call in that game.

know it jets get owned on sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViHm...eature=related
Old 12-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
you jets fans are allways hating..you dumped pennington for the old man farve now hes gonna make you pay..dont get me wrong i did not in any way think the fins would win 10 games..and i used to like the jets pre farve.but the balls of the mgmnt in ny to think that old man will get them any closer than chad would have is retarded.they will be drinking alot of 18 yr old scotch in the owners booth to drowned out that sting after the game sunday.

ps they should have beat the jets last time..with the hail mary and the non call in that game.

know it jets get owned on sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViHm...eature=related
Look hooves you can spew all the s.hit about Favre you like...

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS before the last drive which resulted in an interception, Favre threw a perfect pass to the retarded brother of Bimbo Coles and it went through his butter fingers. This was before there was a two score deficit.

Pennington is f.ucking terrible and you guys will never win a Super Bowl with him. To compare him to a future Hall of Famer is ridiculous.