Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Flemington

Default Unless they get their head out

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

of their a-s-s, the Dodgers management won't be able to turn this around at the break. I have never seen such stupid over-confidence in my life. They aren't gunna give Manny 4 or 5 years. They are probably not gunna get Furcal. Here we go again with this stupid over confidence in average offensive players like Martin, Kemp, Looney, and Ethier. They aren't enough. That will be about a .500 team(or less.) How much money they make off all the over-priced crap they sold with Manny on it? Hey, if they don't wake up, that f'n pasta eater is gunna have a real long year as G.M. of a very average team. He reminds me of a guy at the track who is on a very bad streak. He lays off winners n ' has everything go wrong on horses he does play. A-s-s couldn't wait to open the bank wide open for pushing 40 mil on dat piece of s-h-i-t Jones, but now thinks the team is gunna win with basically very little offense. He has lost his mind. Loretta n' Blake? Come again, fool. Watch, he is not gunna sign Manny, and then watch the piece of dog poo he goes out and gives too much money to later. I have seen this all before. They pass up the guys who deserve money, and overpay the wrong ones. He's gunna see if he can pull something off again mid-season. Arizona is gunna run away this year(dumb-a-s-s.) He adores giving money to the most average fkn people. Garciaparra, Andruw Jones, Pierre. THAT'S 35 MIL A YEAR HE PAID FOR SH-IT. Now, when 2 good players are out there he gets cheap? I can't wait to see the garbage they are gunna sign to make up for losing these two. Manny saved this guy's job, and now he gets cheap. Sorry, I mean I don't understand people that are so stupid as to think they can win with no offense. Don't understand this fool at all. I can't believe that guys who get paid to make decisions actually watch Matt Kemp n' think that guy is something special. Uh, no he isn't. O.K.? He can not hit 1 good pitcher. Not 1. I've watched this guy all his career. He is one of the easiest outs I have ever seen. Any good team knows to throw him some junk that dives, and it's over. He can't do it. He can't hit anything that moves much at all. That's a good athlete. That's what he is. Doesn't mean he can hit junk. He golfs at it like a fool. This is the guy they just can't do without? I've played n' watched this game almost all my life, and I can tell you 100% that this guy (Manny) sees the ball better than anyone I have ever seen. That's a freak. Wake up,man.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 12-12-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Oaklawn

The Dodgers will draw 3 million + without signing a free agent. The owner has most of his money in real estate and we all know he's had to lose money in those holdings. What makes you think he HAS to put a division winner on the feild next year ?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
The Dodgers will draw 3 million + without signing a free agent. The owner has most of his money in real estate and we all know he's had to lose money in those holdings. What makes you think he HAS to put a division winner on the feild next year ?
Maybe because he doesn't want to be known as the new "Donald T. Sterling"!
Old 12-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Flemington

Somethings messed up. They made a bunch of free dough off Manny n' now they gettin' virgin tight. These really aren't serious offers they are making. They ain't fooling me. They are making offers that they know these agents won't take. I mean this guy was throwing money at mediocre players, and now get'n super-picky with difference making players. Players that either got him to the playoffs and/or were incredibly important in winning their 1st playoff series in 20 years. Now, they want to go to war without them. Good luck doing that. This town is absolutely f'n cuckoo for Manny. What he did for this team last year was worth 20 mil alone. Now they bitchin 'bout years? Boston got 2 rings with him, and he didn't even like it there. This is a station to station town. If he wants to be left alone away from the park, that's very easy to do here. They got their moneysworth out of him, and we would, too. Mark fkn Loretta? Get the fk out of here with that garbage.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Flemington

They being so cheap. O.K., then, I'll take the guy that did this last year. Got to get somebody who can hit. He is always value. Let Loney babysit him a lil bit. Only be 5-7 mil/year, and always signs short deals.

Ranks 3rd in AL in BA (.321) • Ranks 10th in AL in BB (80)
• Ranks 1st in AL in OBP (.436) • Ranks 4th in AL in SLG (.563)
• Ranks 1st in AL in OPS (.999)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
Maybe because he doesn't want to be known as the new "Donald T. Sterling"!
Good Point !
Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Flemington

"Lowe, who is marrying former sportscaster Carolyn Hughes this weekend in Michigan, last week said he isn't convinced the Dodgers will make the moves needed to be a post-season force year after year, even though he said his agent has tried to convince him that Los Angeles might be the best place for him to pitch."

Derek figured that out huh? This is like after they went to the playoffs in 2004. Start getting rid of anybody brown they could, and got Kent, Lowe, and that cripple that played for Boston's 2004 (3rd base I think.) He retired without playing much for us, and worked for the club doing stuff(even batting coach at one point...when they got rid of Eddie Murray.) Lowe was what was left to sign after they were cheap in November/December(same as this year.)