Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse
JJ saying Marion Barber is soft, is about as dumb as it gets. You expect this crap from TO.
which is why i said what i said above. jerry jones had to have inheritied his wealth, there's no way he's bright enough to be a self made man. seems the owner gets rather crazy at this time of year, which coincides with his team imploding in nov/dec. it's not coincidence.

detroit suffers from the same type thing-a horrible owner. coaches and players change, the but the owner, and the teams ability-remains the same.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
explain what about them?
You said that TO wasn't a cancer. I was just curious to know why that was your line of thinking when he clearly wears out his welcome EVERYWHERE he goes @ the first sign of disarray.

He obviously can't handle being the second 'big dog' in town. How many locker rooms does he have to attempt to tear apart/divide until people realize that he's the problem.

PS. As a fellow Cowboy hater, I despise Jones as well. Just not as much as the me, me, me 81.

EDIT:::Sorry Zig... Only read the first part of your post before I hit the reply button. I have since read your full post to where you say he's a symptom. Good enough for me.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 PM
pgardn

Witten is probably the best offensive player on that team.
But he needs to sit out. He is totally ripped apart. He has
no rib cage anymore and can barely run.

If the whining and bitching from all involved on the Cowboys
can wear Parcells out, it can wear anyone out. So now it will
probably be a succession of scapegoat, weak coaches for Jones.
Phillips of course is totally gone.

I dare Jerry Jones to try and get Cowher.
It would be a blast watching TO and Cowher have it out.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Witten is probably the best offensive player on that team.
But he needs to sit out. He is totally ripped apart. He has
no rib cage anymore and can barely run.

If the whining and bitching from all involved on the Cowboys
can wear Parcells out, it can wear anyone out. So now it will
probably be a succession of scapegoat, weak coaches for Jones.
Phillips of course is totally gone.

I dare Jerry Jones to try and get Cowher.
It would be a blast watching TO and Cowher have it out.
Jones doesn't want a coach as strong willed as Cohwer. He needs to be a puppet master and Cohwer wouldn't put up with it just like Jimmie Johnson couldn't after a while.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Flemington

Aren't they paying Jason Garrett head coach money? Plus didn't they give him the ridiculous tittle of Asst Head Coach? He's probably the guy who's going to get the next shot.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Aren't they paying Jason Garrett head coach money? Plus didn't they give him the ridiculous tittle of Asst Head Coach? He's probably the guy who's going to get the next shot.
This is why its so funny that TO gets a group of disgruntled wide receivers
(Roy Williams excluded because he is talented) and goes to the press about Garrett and his inability to get Romo to throw to someone besides Witten when things break down. The gripe does have some legs because Witten has been busted apart. But TO gets his message to the press also. Its a way to still be in the spotlight. Behind closed doors is not good enough for TO.

Its great comedy.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Flemington

I really believe that if they don't make the playoffs, there is a chance that they will give T.O. a pink slip in the off season. I am not sure about gaurenteed money in the contract which might prevent them cutting him. But it has to be clear that he is turning back into the cancer that got him dismissed from Philly. Also having Roy Williams there will make that more feasible too.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I really believe that if they don't make the playoffs, there is a chance that they will give T.O. a pink slip in the off season. I am not sure about gaurenteed money in the contract which might prevent them cutting him. But it has to be clear that he is turning back into the cancer that got him dismissed from Philly. Also having Roy Williams there will make that more feasible too.

With their remaining schedule, it is a strong possibility that they dont make it. Hysterical, considering all the hype that they recieved in the preseason. Talk about paper champs.

Imagine TO in Housh's and CJ's shoes in Cincy. Now that would be funny.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 PM
pgardn

Quote:
I think they are hoping Williams makes TO irrelevant next year.
But Williams has a messed up ankle (not getting much
attention) so he is not helping them now.

In fairness to the Cowboys, they have had a ton of injuries.
The offensive lineman that really made their blocking schemes
cohesive is out for the year and his backup just got injured.

Their secondary has been a mess all season.
Their best pass rusher is gimpy... F. Jones, Barber, Pacjones...
they really have not had any luck. No crying about it from
me though. I will let their fans do that.
Crying is the Cowboy way.

Seriously, I have not seen this much animosity towards a
player on the Cowboys. TO has got himself thoroughly hated.
For a guy who stays away from trouble off the field its amazing.
No titty bars, no tickets, no guns, no drunken brawls...
just THE prima donna.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings
Jones doesn't want a coach as strong willed as Cohwer. He needs to be a puppet master and Cohwer wouldn't put up with it just like Jimmie Johnson couldn't after a while.
nope, he wants a yes man. and then wonders why he has limited success. he's not a head coach, and he's not head coach material. why he thinks he can successfully meddle is beyond me. you can't serve two masters, in this case jones and whoever the head coach happens to be. for some reason the guy got it into his head that he was the reason dallas had success after he first came on board. the reality is that he got a good coach, and had success due to that-he's not giving credit where it's due in that regard. and i'd imagine he's not taking credit for their subsequent failures, which are due mainly to him.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
T.O. is a complete wad.

When Romo does throw the ball his way under pressure, fkn Owens refuses to even try to knock the ball away from the defender. Just lets it get intercepted. His blocking sucks. He does not give a fck about any team.

And of course he has to go to the press to complain. Or show off on the sidelines yelln.
Narcissists rarely change. The only thing that is usually changeable is how people deal with them. Most of these teams try to ignore them, and that never works. T.O. is a particularly dumb one. Most are very smart, but (since they lack empathy) they don't filter their thoughts about others well (at all.) Also, they blame everything they do wrong on others. That's why you see Barry Bonds talk to the press the way he does/did. He is sick enough to think his problems are their fault, and sick enough that he can't keep from telling them it at point blank range. That's the main way they stand out(they really don't usually edit their thoughts about others.) They come right out with them. They can't edit, because they really don't feel anything for anyone else(but they are experts at appearing to feel something for others.) I think that they aren't that hard to deal with, but you can't expect them to change. They seem to need to have arguments. Oddly enough, the best thing to do is argue with them for a very short period of time, and quickly get away from them for an amount of time they see fit, and then they will try to talk to you as if nothing ever happened. They are actually pretty productive for a little while after that(a limited amount of time.) When people ignore them, it just extends their bratty periods. I've heard that the way to deal with them is to never disagree with them. I just don't think that works. They seem to relax after an argument. They are only decent then. Obviously they have talent, or they would be homeless etc.(nobody would have anything to do with them.)

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 12-11-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3764732

the erosion continues.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Coach Pants

Say what you want about T.O. but he's right about Romo and this was long overdue. Romo puts up good numbers against scrub defenses but when he's up against a good defense he folds. They face 3 good defensive teams to close out the season and it's unfortunate that T.O. will get the blame by the majority of football fans for the Cowboys demise.

It's not his fault he has a quarterback who has bromances with a Volunteer and dates a complete and total idiot.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Washington Park

u are so right coach. t.o. is 100 times better than washed up romo. he was a loser since he blew the p.a.t. hey romo, get your head out of jessicas ass and put your hat on straight!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i doubt romo lives up to the expectations placed on him-he's no future hall of famer, probably not even close.
as for t.o., dallas got what they wanted-a loudmouth prima donna with some talent. but i doubt it matters really who they get (look at roy williams and his production-or lack of i should say) as long as jerra continues to meddle and as long as he gets spineless coaches who can't/won't control the team.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Del Mar

The team is overexamined and underperforming. Romo had his hightlights last season and as Coach says, has some real flaws with it's on the line. TO is a great football player and is a head case. When they had a strong running game they were at their best, but you don't get to the big dance with just that.

Spyder
Old 12-13-2008, 02:36 PM
pgardn

I withhold a Romo rating yet.
He has been a QB such a short period of time.
Some of you guys would have had Elway and Aikman
trashed early on. They both choked.

TO is a nothing but a big play guy. If a situation
arises where he needs to go after a defender and
try to knock the ball down, he wont. For every
fantastic catch, he has a seriously flawed flat out drop.
He hunches into a little ball going over the middle so
they dont throw those routes with him. Big time gator
arms over the middle. His catches are mostly deep or sideline.
He will not block anymore, he buffers. He changes routes or quits on
them if he sees it will not work instead of going where the
ball is supposed to be... just lets the defender make the play.

He still is amazing at breaking tackles and has maintained
his speed very well. And he can pull off some amazing catches.

It is possible he will have an offensive lineman kill him by the
end of the season if he keeps yelling at them. I think Leonard
Davis is on the verge of eating him.Davis is down to 360 lbs. and needs
to dine on poultry.

my take after having to endure Cowboy fans and watch
all these games
Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
I love it. Witten's camp leaks the story, team backs TO, and TO still gets persecuted.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:36 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
I love it. Witten's camp leaks the story, team backs TO, and TO still gets persecuted.
This is the same TO that cried in front of the cameras
when people got on Romo about his dating... lay off him
TO says. Or was that when Romo botched the extra point.

No matter...

TO is nuts. Probably started when he sat in his Grandma's
house by himself. Great athlete, keeps himself in superior
condition... but nuts.
Jerry JOnes has built a house of freaks
that might well win today. Their secondary is healthy now
(pacman not necessary)
They are playing good D. And Romo is not in the cold.
No Burress. No Jacobs. Manning gets blitzed a lot tonight
I would think.

Anyway its a heck of a lot of fun.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Coach Pants

This guy has to be a nerdy trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xSSSH0x1c