Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I just dont see Colorado trading Street now. It makes no sense for them unless they are getting a top prospect. I think it is bs. Sonnanstine is far too hittable to ever be much more than a number 5.
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/...mlb-devil_rays

Sonnanstine wasn't as hittable in the minors and I think the hits will drop as he goes into his third season and with a move to the NL. In Citifield or whatever it is going to be called he'll be a 4.00 ERA guy with a 1.19 WHIP which should do quite well as a #4. Interesting sidenote, he's 4 for 10 batting lifetime which is more reason to get to the NL.

No clue how Cruz is Type A either. Interestingly Lyon is only a Type B so wouldn't cost the Mets a first round pick.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Hialeah Park

Rumor is the offer on the table was Heilman and Feliciano for Street and the Mets have pulled it. Don't know why Omar got cold feet on that one with how bad those two were last year.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Rumor is the offer on the table was Heilman and Feliciano for Street and the Mets have pulled it. Don't know why Omar got cold feet on that one with how bad those two were last year.
I dont believe that the Rockies would do it. I think it is a ploy by Minaya to try to force someone they are interested in to do something
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/...mlb-devil_rays

Sonnanstine wasn't as hittable in the minors and I think the hits will drop as he goes into his third season and with a move to the NL. In Citifield or whatever it is going to be called he'll be a 4.00 ERA guy with a 1.19 WHIP which should do quite well as a #4. Interesting sidenote, he's 4 for 10 batting lifetime which is more reason to get to the NL.

No clue how Cruz is Type A either. Interestingly Lyon is only a Type B so wouldn't cost the Mets a first round pick.
Russ Springer is a type A too. the rule is a bad one for RP's because a non closer is rarely ever worth a number 1 pick.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I would take a flyer with Brad Penny if he checks out healthwise and is willing to take a short term deal.
Wow, I can't see the 1st part happening. He's been half throwing/half shot putting for a while. He's pretty f'd up. I guess his shoulder must be pretty damn toasted. Watch him pitch. He's pushing the ball to the plate. It's like some weird new game from the other side of the world. Some whammo-designed game. Push it, and aim it (and follow through a long time.)
Old 12-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I dont believe that the Rockies would do it. I think it is a ploy by Minaya to try to force someone they are interested in to do something
My guess is the Rockies were desperate for a lefty in the bullpen so were considering the deal to get Feliciano but then news broke they signed Embree and Minaya pulled the offer off the table to save face knowing they would no longer consider the deal.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:31 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

baseball sucks
Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Wow, I can't see the 1st part happening. He's been half throwing/half shot putting for a while. He's pretty f'd up. I guess his shoulder must be pretty damn toasted. Watch him pitch. He's pushing the ball to the plate. It's like some weird new game from the other side of the world. Some whammo-designed game. Push it, and aim it (and follow through a long time.)
Juice him up!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
baseball sucks
Old 12-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Sha Tin

5:05 p.m. — Mets' trade offer shot down
The Mets, seeking a setup man for new closer Francisco Rodriguez, were rebuffed in their attempt to trade right Aaron Heilman to the Rockies for righty Huston Street.

Heilman has drawn interest from more than a dozen clubs. The Mets turned down the Cubs' offer of righty Jason Marquis. It seems inevitable, however, that the Mets will find a match.

Street, too, has drawn interest from numerous clubs. The Rockies have yet to receive a tempting offer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...-meetings-blog
Old 04-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER

E.R.A. =11.0

Don't you think we'd of signed him if he had any shot?