Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Sha Tin

Default K Rod to the Metropolitans

3 years $37 million

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2008&fext=.jsp
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Sha Tin

Wood maybe to Cleveland. 2 years with option. Good deal for indians. Lewis and Wood give them a pretty salty 8th and 9th innings.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Sha Tin

Ramon hernandez to Reds.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2008&fext=.jsp

Maybe Weinters gets a chance to make O's team in spring training? Hate to see Freel go as he was a fun player to watch but his game is all legs and hamstring tears are scary. I dont think either of the prospects to the O's are highly rated.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Whats the deal with Wagner? Dunzo or relegated to another role?

BTW, great move by the Metsies. Obviously.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Whats the deal with Wagner? Dunzo or relegated to another role?

BTW, great move by the Metsies. Obviously.
Done for at least this year, and his days as a Met are probably over.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Flemington

Game 4 wasn't enough pain for the Dodgers to get a closer huh? Dumb fkn pasta-eating moron.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Game 4 wasn't enough pain for the Dodgers to get a closer huh? Dumb fkn pasta-eating moron.
There's still a few available. K-Rod was unbelievable last year, but I just get the feeling that the Mets bought the top here. He is a huge upgrade, but they still have some other holes to fill.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Aqueduct

KRod made $10M last year and Billy Wags $10.5M

Now $37M for three years .

Let's see if the bad economy continues to impact baseball salaries so severely
Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
There's still a few available. K-Rod was unbelievable last year, but I just get the feeling that the Mets bought the top here. He is a huge upgrade, but they still have some other holes to fill.
I can't think of many worse things for a baseball team than losing leads late. People sure overthink stuff a lot in this game. You know what? Anybody got the damn video of the playoffs. Take a look n' you will see this fat boy on an underdog team blowing the Cubs away to take the 1st round. Then(when expected to have a decent chance,) when not such a big longshot, watch the same fatboy get tight against the Phils. That's not an aberration. Mentally he is zero, nothing (oh so hollow.) Same as Billingsley. It's like they have the same retarded mother. He really gunna go into the new season with that to close games with? I mean really. You gunna really have 56k people at Dodger stadium waiting to see which fat boy shows up? You have not seen the last of the fat boy who loses his command, and then throws slowly down the middle of the plate. If he gets tight, he can't blow people away. He can't throw it fast,then. If he does, then it will be way outside. They know what they've got. If they have that to close games with, then it's gunna be a real long painful year.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 12-09-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Hialeah Park

I'm going to flip wig if the Phils trade young arm J.A. Happ to the Cubs for Derosa like whats been rumored.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Hialeah Park

K-Rod is on the decline but even declining he should still be pretty good for the next three years. I'd like to see them package Heilman to Colorado to get Street. If something happened to K-Rod then I'd feel a lot better about Street stepping in. Plus while both are healthy it is a nice 1-2 punch at the end of games.

I'm completely and totally underwhelmed by the starters out there. Lowe seems the best bet but it sounds like he's looking for more money and years than he is worth. Sabathia is getting way too much money, Sheets and Burnett are too injury prone, Perez is too inconsistent. Would love to see them go after Sonnanstine in a trade if the price isn't too high.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
K-Rod is on the decline but even declining he should still be pretty good for the next three years. I'd like to see them package Heilman to Colorado to get Street. If something happened to K-Rod then I'd feel a lot better about Street stepping in. Plus while both are healthy it is a nice 1-2 punch at the end of games.

I'm completely and totally underwhelmed by the starters out there. Lowe seems the best bet but it sounds like he's looking for more money and years than he is worth. Sabathia is getting way too much money, Sheets and Burnett are too injury prone, Perez is too inconsistent. Would love to see them go after Sonnanstine in a trade if the price isn't too high.
Street for Heilman aint gonna happen. I agree that the starters are really shaky. I would take a flyer with Brad Penny if he checks out healthwise and is willing to take a short term deal. He can be a solid number 2 if he is right. I dont think that Sonnanstine will ever be much more than a number 5 starter.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Mets need way more than just a closer in that bullpen.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Mets need way more than just a closer in that bullpen.
That is true

Brandon Lyon would be a good pickup if he doesnt want stupid money
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Sha Tin

Juan Cruz and Trever miller would also be upgrades to the Mets. Saito may be released by the Dodgers and would be another possibility though he is an injury risk. there are lots of servicable RP's out there and with the economy being what it is these are the types of guys who are going to have to be realistic about what they ask for. There are also several japanese vet's that have made themselves eligible for bids.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Street for Heilman aint gonna happen. I agree that the starters are really shaky. I would take a flyer with Brad Penny if he checks out healthwise and is willing to take a short term deal. He can be a solid number 2 if he is right. I dont think that Sonnanstine will ever be much more than a number 5 starter.
Street for Heilman won't happen straight up but there are talks ongoing for a deal involving them.

Sonnanstine is still young, doesn't allow a lot of baserunners and should benefit moving to the National League. I think he can be a very effective #4 and potentially develop into more which is all they need right now. I'd even take a flyer on Edwin Jackson if Tampa decides the price for Sonnanstine is too high. I think Penny is probably done but would be a nice guy to bring in on a minor league deal if there is no other interest in him. Any time you are on the 60 day DL with "right shoulder soreness" it is never a good sign.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Juan Cruz and Trever miller would also be upgrades to the Mets. Saito may be released by the Dodgers and would be another possibility though he is an injury risk. there are lots of servicable RP's out there and with the economy being what it is these are the types of guys who are going to have to be realistic about what they ask for. There are also several japanese vet's that have made themselves eligible for bids.
Like Cruz but he's Type A which means giving up a first rounder to sign him. Whether or not he is worth that I'm not sure of, depends what else they need to give with Heilman to get Street.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Street for Heilman won't happen straight up but there are talks ongoing for a deal involving them.

Sonnanstine is still young, doesn't allow a lot of baserunners and should benefit moving to the National League. I think he can be a very effective #4 and potentially develop into more which is all they need right now. I'd even take a flyer on Edwin Jackson if Tampa decides the price for Sonnanstine is too high. I think Penny is probably done but would be a nice guy to bring in on a minor league deal if there is no other interest in him. Any time you are on the 60 day DL with "right shoulder soreness" it is never a good sign.
I just dont see Colorado trading Street now. It makes no sense for them unless they are getting a top prospect. I think it is bs. Sonnanstine is far too hittable to ever be much more than a number 5.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Like Cruz but he's Type A which means giving up a first rounder to sign him. Whether or not he is worth that I'm not sure of, depends what else they need to give with Heilman to get Street.
I would love to know how Cruz is a type A.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Flemington

The good thing about Cruz is that he strikes people out. Really besides Wagner they have/had no one who can get outs like that.