Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Default skins fans

sorry they made the trip^^^^^ ouch!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hialeah Park

will look upwards in the standings tomorrow morning and see PHI^^^^^ouch
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Flemington

I thought it was a lousy call against Portis and the Skins.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I thought it was a lousy call against Portis and the Skins.
No doubt, but I'll take it. I'll take anything right about now. Good day for the Birds already slim hopes. Actually the best day they couldve asked for with Dal and Atl losing and what looks like it could be a loss for the Skinny's. Not to mention handily beating a division rival.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Oaklawn

The Ravens will choke. Go Skins!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
No doubt, but I'll take it. I'll take anything right about now. Good day for the Birds already slim hopes. Actually the best day they couldve asked for with Dal and Atl losing and what looks like it could be a loss for the Skinny's. Not to mention handily beating a division rival.
Not to take anything away from the Birds, they played very well defensivley today and stopped the run which they couldn't do last time. Anytime you can win on the road in the NFL it's a big thing. But the Giants dropped alot of passes today, including a surefire TD by Hixon. They seemed like they could never get on track. Obviously the loss doesn't hurt the Giants. I'm sure Coughlin will give it to them good this week in practice, especially with traveling to Dallas next week.

I am sure the papers will blame the Plax ordeal with today's performance, but I think it couldn't be further from he truth.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetoone
The Ravens will choke. Go Skins!
I started the season convinced they couldn't beat the Univ. of Maryland then I ate humble pie for 7 wins. Then the last 3 weeks the offensive treats pass protection like an AIDS infection leaving Jason exposed to take a beating like Tony Eason in the 86 superbowl against "DaBears". Tony still wakes up seeing Mike Singletary drooling on top of him each and every night.

Three more quarters like this first one and Campbell is going to be seeing Ray,Ed and the the other hunting animals in his sleep for weeks. Skins might be the worst pass protection team in football.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Coach Pants

I took the Skins. It's a lock for the Ravens. I turn the god damn game on and it's 14-0 with 9 minutes in the first.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Not to take anything away from the Birds, they played very well defensivley today and stopped the run which they couldn't do last time. Anytime you can win on the road in the NFL it's a big thing. But the Giants dropped alot of passes today, including a surefire TD by Hixon. They seemed like they could never get on track. Obviously the loss doesn't hurt the Giants. I'm sure Coughlin will give it to them good this week in practice, especially with traveling to Dallas next week.

I am sure the papers will blame the Plax ordeal with today's performance, but I think it couldn't be further from he truth.
Come on Matt, the Giants were outplayed in every quarter of that game. That Hixon dropped ball TD opportunity can be countered with the fugaze blocked kick to end the half. The score ended EXACTLY the way it should've. All in all, the G Men were outplayed. I've said it all along, the Birds play better on the road. At home, they get too complacent and let teams have their way with them. They 'get up' for away games. The Birds went in there with their season on the line and backs against the walls and hit the boys in blue on their chins. A MUCH needed win. I LOVED the offensive playcalling/gameplan.(run/pass ratio)

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
I took the Skins. It's a lock for the Ravens. I turn the god damn game on and it's 14-0 with 9 minutes in the first.
How many points did you get Coach?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Coach Pants

I bet the Giants too. The deciding factor in that game. Also took the Falcons. Just bet opposite of me and cash big.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
How many points did you get Coach?
I took the moneyline.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Come on Matt, the Giants were outplayed in every quarter of that game. That Hixon dropped ball TD opportunity can be countered with the fugaze blocked kick to end the half. The score ended EXACTLY the way it should've. All in all, the G Men were outplayed. I've said it all along, the Birds play better on the road. At home, they get too complacent and let teams have their way with them. They 'get up' for away games. The Birds went in there with their season on the line and backs against the walls and hit the boys in blue on their chins. A MUCH needed win. I LOVED the offensive playcalling/gameplan.(run/pass ratio)
I said that the Birds defense played well, but you have to admit that their offense didn't really light it up. It was a close game. There are 2 critical dropped passes that come to mind right away. The Hixon drop and a Steve Smith drop on a 3rd down in the first quarter. It would have been a first down and kept a drive going which ended up in a loss of downs for the Giants. Would have it made a difference? Maybe, maybe not. The Giants didn't make the plays today, the Eagles did.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I took the moneyline.

You will cash that one.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Flemington

Meanwhile, The Skins have 3 and 8 with Portis out and call a draw play. Then punt on 4th and 4 with no timeouts left and go into the locker room. Oh yeah with their playoff chances hanging on by a thread.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Coach Pants

The Skins are penalty prone and have a goober for a coach. I should've known better.

The hip hip hooray interview a few weeks back was a red flag.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
The Skins are penalty prone and have a goober for a coach. I should've known better.

The hip hip hooray interview a few weeks back was a red flag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-W_motfMU

Old 12-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I said that the Birds defense played well, but you have to admit that their offense didn't really light it up. It was a close game. There are 2 critical dropped passes that come to mind right away. The Hixon drop and a Steve Smith drop on a 3rd down in the first quarter. It would have been a first down and kept a drive going which ended up in a loss of downs for the Giants. Would have it made a difference? Maybe, maybe not. The Giants didn't make the plays today, the Eagles did.
I can count on one hand, a hand that has lost a few fingers to firecracker accidents, how many poor games the defense has played this year. They've kept the Birds in every game besides the BAL game and that only got out of hand in the second half after that pick 6 by Ed Reed. Their defense is one of the most underrated in the league IMO.(My dad and I fight about this every weekend. He thinks they are laughably overrated and I think they dont get as much credit as they deserve).

As for today's game, it was our typical division toss-up. The Eagles offense had their usual struggles. Fortunately today, the defense swept the O's ineptitude under the rug. These games can go either way every time they face each other, we all know that. What Im hoping we take most away from this win is the confidence that we can beat anybody in the league and put it into perspective that running the table is fathomable.

As for the highlighted part, that is just the reason that we've come to love this game. Any given Sunday. Parity in this league is a fine line. As the Shwammi says, "and THAT'S why they play the game".

BTW, I have all my fingers. NO firecracker accidents here. Just wanted to make a point as to how well the Eagles defense has played this year, save a game or two. Or three.

GL the rest of the way Matt, and I am PRAYING day and night for a matchup with ya's in 5 weeks.

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I can count on one hand, a hand that has lost a few fingers to firecracker accidents, how many poor games the defense has played this year. They've kept the Birds in every game besides the BAL game and that only got out of hand in the second half after that pick 6 by Ed Reed. Their defense is one of the most underrated in the league IMO.(My dad and I fight about this every weekend. He thinks they are laughably overrated and I think they dont get as much credit as they deserve).

As for today's game, it was our typical division toss-up. The Eagles offense had their usual struggles. Fortunately today, the defense swept the O's ineptitude under the rug. These games can go either way every time they face each other, we all know that. What Im hoping we take most away from this win is the confidence that we can beat anybody in the league and put it into perspective that running the table is fathomable.

As for the highlighted part, that is just the reason that we've come to love this game. Any given Sunday. Parity in this league is a fine line. As the Shwammi says, "and THAT'S why they play the game".

BTW, I have all my fingers. NO firecracker accidents here. Just wanted to make a point as to how well the Eagles defense has played this year, save a game or two. Or three.

GL the rest of the way Matt, and I am PRAYING day and night for a matchup with ya's in 5 weeks.

This game came down to the one person we always discuss. He's the guy who makes the Eagles go.

WESTBROOK

He got loose today and scored on 2 big plays.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
This game came down to the one person we always discuss. He's the guy who makes the Eagles go.

WESTBROOK

He got loose today and scored on 2 big plays.
I couldnt have summed it up any better. As you can see, I tried and failed.

When he's on, they are as dangerous as anybody.

- Nathan Israel