Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Goodwood

I HATE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Thistley Downs

I can't blame you,Philski.

Do you realize the Browns beat you at their opponents own game??
Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
I can't blame you,Philski.

Do you realize the Browns beat you at their opponents own game??
It was like watching donkey racing at Fairplex Park. Somebody had to win... even though they shouldn't have deserved credit for it.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
It was like watching donkey racing at Fairplex Park. Somebody had to win... even though they shouldn't have deserved credit for it.

SEE EAGLES VS BENGALS

neither of them even deserved to win.. I'm glad both they both didnt win.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
You got out coached.

Oh my God.

thud
Old 11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
You got out coached.

Oh my God.

thud

Yeah... like at the end of the game, whereas you have a kicker who has made 40 straight inside of 40 yards (near the NFL record), but is spotty from 40+, and have a minute left on the clock, yet decide to call three straight running plays up the middle to get in position for a 47 yard field goal. Genius at work there.

Although to be fair, turning the ball over 4 times isn't the fault of the coach, or allowing a 56 yard field goal (truly a great kick). Nor is the Browns' inability to tackle on special teams, for the winners.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Del Mar

Go Browns! No really, just go...get out of here.

Growing up a Browns fan when they were actually good, I doubt I'll ever see a good team again. I just wish they tried.

I think they have the building blocks for a good team, it's just that year after year, that's all they have.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Yeah... like at the end of the game, whereas you have a kicker who has made 40 straight inside of 40 yards (near the NFL record), but is spotty from 40+, and have a minute left on the clock, yet decide to call three straight running plays up the middle to get in position for a 47 yard field goal. Genius at work there.

Although to be fair, turning the ball over 4 times isn't the fault of the coach, or allowing a 56 yard field goal (truly a great kick). Nor is the Browns' inability to tackle on special teams, for the winners.

Aw quit yer friggin' carpin'...Romeo Lombardi splintered your game plan.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Go Browns! No really, just go...get out of here.

Growing up a Browns fan when they were actually good, I doubt I'll ever see a good team again. I just wish they tried.

I think they have the building blocks for a good team, it's just that year after year, that's all they have.

...uh...did you say "building blocks"...????........mud and straw--maybe is a better term....
Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Aw quit yer friggin' carpin'...Romeo Lombardi splintered your game plan.
"Romeo Lombardi"....

BIG THUD
Old 11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Thistley Downs

lol
Old 11-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Coach Pants

Old 11-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
Im anxiously awaiting the wheels falling off the Cavs. Could be any moment. Waiting for Mike Brown to screw things up
He already has according to your pronouncements. Why would you have to wait?? He has already screwed up the season. He is an equipment manager who coached an NBA team to a conference championship without an NBA point guard. Is it simply a coincidence that the team can play offense now that he has been given a NBA point guard to work with??

With a legitimate NBA coach rather than an equipment manager the Cavs would have gone 246-0 the last 3 years with 3 titles.

Mike Brown is the coach. The season is already screwed up. Why on earth are you even commenting on it?? We have seen your comments on it. Why are you still pronouncing it?? MIke Brown HAS screwed things up for 3 years now. You have no need to wait or are you still trying to convince yourself of that fact? I'm sure you can find about 99,000 mistakes Brown has made in 10 games so far. It is blatantly obvious...isn't it?? What are you waiting for?? It's already been done.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Thistley Downs

Yet another Mike Brown slips out of the closet.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Oriental Park

We will revisit this post in 30 days. When the Cavs are just above 500
Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Gulfstream Park

What the..... how did DaStalker9698 miss my post on Page 4??????????? lol
Old 12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I'm jumping the gun a bit on this, but 20 days have now passed and my guess is when this post was made by you, you failed to look at the Cavs schedule in those next 30 days. Obviously that is all that is going on here as an 18-3 record with an equipment manager as coach has nothing to do with anything. It is indeed a massive failure by Mike Brown to not be 21-0 at this point of the season. Incredibly, Cav managment with superior coaches to Mike Brown in Randy Wittman, Sam Mitchell, Eddie Jordan, PJ Carlesimo all having been fired recently have failed to hire any of them yet..and continue to persist with the equipment manager at the helm. Simply stupendous. Nonetheless after two losses to Philly, and losses to Minnesota and Atlanta, they'll still stand at 18-7 after those 30 days. They won't be "just above".

(call me crazy, but I don't care who else is on the team, any coach that gets to an NBA finals with a starting backcourt of Larry Hughes and Sasha Pavlovic may just be getting close to shhhhhh...capital G...capital R capital E...capital A...capital T as a head coach in the Association. )

Smoke on that one awhile!!!

The 2007 and 2008 seasons of the Cavs are two of the best back to back coaching jobs in my entire lifetime by a coach in the city of Cleveland. I'll reserve judgement on the 2009 season til it's completed but I think they'll at least get to .500 for the season before it's over.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
I'm jumping the gun a bit on this, but 20 days have now passed and my guess is when this post was made by you, you failed to look at the Cavs schedule in those next 30 days. Obviously that is all that is going on here as an 18-3 record with an equipment manager as coach has nothing to do with anything. It is indeed a massive failure by Mike Brown to not be 21-0 at this point of the season. Incredibly, Cav managment with superior coaches to Mike Brown in Randy Wittman, Sam Mitchell, Eddie Jordan, PJ Carlesimo all having been fired recently have failed to hire any of them yet..and continue to persist with the equipment manager at the helm. Simply stupendous. Nonetheless after two losses to Philly, and losses to Minnesota and Atlanta, they'll still stand at 18-7 after those 30 days. They won't be "just above".

(call me crazy, but I don't care who else is on the team, any coach that gets to an NBA finals with a starting backcourt of Larry Hughes and Sasha Pavlovic may just be getting close to shhhhhh...capital G...capital R capital E...capital A...capital T as a head coach in the Association. )

Smoke on that one awhile!!!

The 2007 and 2008 seasons of the Cavs are two of the best back to back coaching jobs in my entire lifetime by a coach in the city of Cleveland. I'll reserve judgement on the 2009 seaon til it's completed but I think they'll at least get to .500 for the season before it's over.
Cava are smokin hot. Mo Williams makes the team complete. Very deep team with role players that are playing their roles.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Cava are smokin hot. Mo Williams makes the team complete. Very deep team with role players that are playing their roles.
Yes, with an NBA point guard at last on the team (Eric Snow notwithstanding!), Mike Brown suddenly found offense. May still not be as good as Boston and have to see how injuries play out the rest of the way. I have hope in this Cleveland team. Being it Cleveland however, it seems to be setting up perfectly for a major LeBeon knee injury in the next two months.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:

Central W L Pct GB Home Road Div Conf Streak L10

Cleveland 21 4 .840 -- 13-0 8-4 6-1 15-3 Won 1 9-1

30 days later and just officially revisiting said post. You were off just a hair on this one!!