Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Saratoga

Default Memphis dilemna

Coach, what is your thoughts on tonights game, I see Memphis is up to -2...I'll go into further what I am thinking and why after your response.

What is the Money line for both Memphis and Kansas?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Hialeah Park

What possible reason would there be to take Memphis on the money line? They haven't won a game by 2 points or less all year. The chance of Memphis winning by 1 is so slim with their free throw shooting that you might as well just give the two points.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
What possible reason would there be to take Memphis on the money line? They haven't won a game by 2 points or less all year. The chance of Memphis winning by 1 is so slim with their free throw shooting that you might as well just give the two points.
HOW about you give me what the money line is and I will explain later captain genius, and it was more to just have it, then actually needing it
Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
HOW about you give me what the money line is and I will explain later captain genius, and it was more to just have it, then actually needing it
OK, but unless you feel the difference in the payouts offsets the probability of a 1 point Memphis win then it is a stupid bet. Taking Kansas +2 would be stupid too when you can get better value on the moneyline.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Coach Pants

The line opening at -1 Kansas has me stumped. Makes me think the linemakers know something that I don't. The only reason I can think of is that they think Rush is the best player on the court and has the capability to take the game over. I'm not convinced he will. He has a tendency to let his teammates do the scoring.

My overall opinion of the game is that Memphis' speed will be too much for Kansas to overcome. Plus I'd take Calamari over Self in a coaching duel any day of the week.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
OK, but unless you feel the difference in the payouts offsets the probability of a 1 point Memphis win then it is a stupid bet. Taking Kansas +2 would be stupid too when you can get better value on the moneyline.
REMIND me to slap you when I next see you....
Old 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
REMIND me to slap you when I next see you....
Stop being a dick and explain your logic. The probability of a Memphis win by 1 or 2 is extremely slim so why would you bet anything but Memphis (-2) or Kansas on the moneyline?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
The line opening at -1 Kansas has me stumped. Makes me think the linemakers know something that I don't. The only reason I can think of is that they think Rush is the best player on the court and has the capability to take the game over. I'm not convinced he will. He has a tendency to let his teammates do the scoring.

My overall opinion of the game is that Memphis' speed will be too much for Kansas to overcome. Plus I'd take Calamari over Self in a coaching duel any day of the week.
Ok, so check this. Right now I am sitting on a $200 Future wager on Memphis at 7/1($1600 payout), so do I do what I want to do and let it ride, OR do I listen to my friends and play Kansas on the money line, which is probably about +120, for say $400 or $500 and essentially cut my 7/1 half...
Old 04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Stop being a dick and explain your logic. The probability of a Memphis win by 1 or 2 is extremely slim so why would you bet anything but Memphis (-2) or Kansas on the moneyline?
Snappy this morning are we?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Ok, so check this. Right now I am sitting on a $200 Future wager on Memphis at 7/1($1600 payout), so do I do what I want to do and let it ride, OR do I listen to my friends and play Kansas on the money line, which is probably about +120, for say $400 or $500 and essentially cut my 7/1 half...
I'd rather lose the $200 than cut my winnings that much.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I'd rather lose the $200 than cut my winnings that much.
This is what I thought, I already considered the $200 lost anyways when I bet it

I am probably just going to let it ride, and if I get nosed at the wire in this game, like every horse bet from this weekend(see last races at SA on both Friday and Saturday, they weren't 'noses' but they were some pretty tough beats, had Futuro in a large DD, and the middle horse in large DD's, and the 11 on Saturday would have given 5 out of 6 plus a large P3), then I get nosed...

Last edited by Scav : 04-07-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
This is what I thought, I already considered the $200 lost anyways when I bet it

I am probably just going to let it ride, and if I get nosed at the wire in this game, like every horse bet from this weekend, then I get nosed...
Right. Covering the bet takes the fun and the accomplishment out of it.

Let that b.itch ride.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Hialeah Park

701 kansas -1.5 -05 146 / 146.5 / 147 147.5 +105
702 memphis u 144 -1 +01 / -1 / -1.5 -2 -125

That's from http://www.scoresandodds.com

Usually a very accurate indicator of what Vegas is doing'
Old 04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Right. Covering the bet takes the fun and the accomplishment out of it.

Let that b.itch ride.
That is exactly what I am doing. TIME TO GET PUMPED COACH....

My friends are a bunch of panzies, I have one friend that thinks he is the next Brandon Lang (see his website, investmentsports.com, STOP BETTING on SPORTS AND START INVESTING ) and the others are conservatives.....
Old 04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Saratoga

The only thing I am worried about is how that lined opened, as Coach said. I thought for sure it was the other way, and the public is falling in love with telfon John and his superstar city boys.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
The only thing I am worried about is how that lined opened, as Coach said. I thought for sure it was the other way, and the public is falling in love with telfon John and his superstar city boys.
Your bet is in Scavs...Don't read another thing or follow any line changes. JUST WATCH THE GAME. You can't affect anything that happens now anyway
Old 04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
We're fucl<ed Scavs as PG1985 mentioned yesterday he liked Memphis. I already scaled my bet down in half. I also have a future on them, not to mention I win the Derby Trail tourney if they win.
Maybe two handicapping afficiendos such as ourselves can outmanuever the mushing powers that this guy possesses....
Old 04-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Oriental Park

Default tonight

Scav,

i finally found a computer , make sure you double down on memphis, play them hard for the 1st half and for the game don't let up take them at halftime as well - this is there year
Old 04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
Scav,

i finally found a computer , make sure you double down on memphis, play them hard for the 1st half and for the game don't let up take them at halftime as well - this is there year
ABOUT TIME. By the way, you realize I work 8-5 now in a cubicle type environment, right? Thus I can't be picking up my cell phone blazing up a conversation about horse racing, poker, or woman in that area
Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Oaklawn

I dont know if Memphis has better overall speed to make a difference. Kansas can go much much deeper than Memphis and the big men for Kansas are better than what Memphis has. The guard play for Memphis is outstanding. My prediction is Kansas by 11.