Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
i'll take him over "associates with terrorists" guy.

if you think this admin will be any more successful than the last by ignoring everyone with opposing views, you missed the most important lesson of the last 8 years.

rick warren is a symbolic gesture to evangelical's. i think this tells those willing to listen the door is open.

meanwhile, he appointed the lesbian deputy mayor of l.a. to a staff post.

i look at both moves and think, "there's hope". we don't have to all move into our respective corner's ready to come out swinging. maybe we can have a conversation in the middle.
He's a bigot. He put gay marriage on the same level as a guy marrying his sister. The interviewer gave him a chance to put it another way, and he didn't take that option. He asked him if it's on the same level, and he said yes. So, no, I don't understand how listening to that guy is "hope" or "change." It's pandering to bigots. I understand why he chose this way to do it(it's a weak group that is routinely thrown under the truck,) but I think it is not what his supporters thought he was about. This is his 1st mistake. I don't think he is aware of all the stuff the guy has said in interviews. There were surely other choices who hadn't said that their lifestyle is on the level of a brother and sister being married, or an old man being married to a kid.