Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Steve Byk

Default 4/13-15 (OP): Racing Festival ~ Apple Blosson, AR Derby (G1's), more..

THURS 9th (5:10) Bachelor S.

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $150,000

1 1 Recruiting Ready Karamanos H A DePaz Horacio 115 L 5-2
2 2 Conquest Wildcat Canchari A L Morse Randy L 119 L 6-1
3 3 Rockshaw Santana R Jr Moquett Ronald E 122 L 6-5
4 4 Jagged Warrior Pompell T L Pish Danny 115 L 15-1
5 5 Silver Bullion Vazquez R A Lukas D Wayne 115 L 15-1
6 6 Crawford Contreras L Asmussen Steven M 115 Blk-On L 5-1
7 7 Carson Kan Rocco J S Jr Mason Ingrid 115 L 20-1
8 8 Smokin Now Franco G Diodoro Robertino 115 L 15-1

First Half Late Daily Double / Exacta / 50 Cent Trifecta / 10 Cent Superfecta
Old 04-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Steve Byk

FRI 8th (4:42) Fantasy S. (G3)

1 1/16 Miles | Fillies | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $400,000

1 Chanel's Legacy Birzer A E 121 L
2 My Sweet Stella Vazquez R A 117 L
3 Benner Island Santana R Jr 117 L
4 Drinks On Broadway Johnson J M 117 L
5 Vexatious Desormeaux K J 117 L
6 Kell Paso Rocco J S Jr 121 L
7 Dutch Parrot Borel C H 117
8 Conquest Bandido Hill C 117 L
9 Torrent Ortiz J L 117 L
10 Spooky Woods Prat F 117 L
11 Conquest Slayer Carreno J 117 L
12 Ever So Clever Contreras L 117 L

FRI 9th (5:10) Apple Blossom H. (G1)

1 1/16 Miles | Fillies and Mares | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $600,000

1 Terra Promessa Ortiz J L 118 L
2 Durango Vazquez R A 112 L
3 Stellar Wind Espinoza V 122 L
4 Divine Elegance Corbett G W 113 L
5 Tiger Moth Santana R Jr 113 L
6 Streamline Landeros C 117 L
Old 04-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Steve Byk

SAT 7th (3:57) Count Fleet Sprint H. (G3)

6 Furlongs | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $400,000

1 Chief of Staff Baze T C 113 L
2 Wabel Castellano J J 113 L
3 Moe Candy Espinoza V 116 L
4 Black Bear Borel C H 113 L
5 Chief Cicatriz Eramia R E 114
6 Holy Boss Smith M E 118 L
7 Sharp Art Franco G 113 L
8 Whitmore Santana R Jr 122 L
9 Apprehender Birzer A E 114 L

SAT 8th (4:33) Northern Spur S.

1 1/16 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $150,000

1 Cistron Baze T C 117 L
2 Colonelsdarktemper Court J K 115 L
3 Warrior's Club Castellano J J 119 L
4 Balandeen Desormeaux K J 115 L
5 Love That Lute Smith M E 119 L
6 Jerrid Santana R Jr 115 L
7 Total Tap Contreras L 117 L

SAT 9th (5:09) Oaklawn H. (G2)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $750,000

1 Texas Chrome Santana R Jr 115 L
2 Domain's Rap Vazquez R A 115 L
3 Midnight Storm Smith M E 122 L
4 Madefromlucky Castellano J J 116 L
5 Inside Straight Franco G 114 L
6 Cutacorner De La Cruz W 110 L
7 Goats Town Court J K 112 L

SAT 11th (6:18) Arkansas Derby (G1)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $1,000,000

1 Rockin Rudy Gutierrez Mario 118 Blk-Off L
2 Classic Empire Leparoux J R 122 L
3 Silver Dust Lanerie C J 118 Blk-On L
4 Petrov Santana R Jr 118 L
5 Grandpa's Dream Canchari A L 118 L
6 Lookin At Lee Contreras L 122 L
7 Sonneteer Desormeaux K J 118 L
8 Rowdy the Warrior Quinonez L S 118 L
9 Untrapped Smith M E 118 Blk-On L
10 One Dreamy Dude Franco G 118 Blk-Off L
11 Conquest Mo Money Carreno J 122 L
12 Malagacy Castellano J J 122 L
Old 04-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Hialeah Park

Whitmore any higher than 1/5 off of his last?
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Whitmore any higher than 1/5 off of his last?
He kind of looked like a Super horse in his last.
Conditioned by trainer number 5 on your Oaklawn Park list.
Might be worth betting against......

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...-oaklawn-park/
Old 04-13-2017, 05:09 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
He kind of looked like a Super horse in his last.
Conditioned by trainer number 5 on your Oaklawn Park list.
Might be worth betting against......

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...-oaklawn-park/
A disingenuous list (with no context to the starters).. and an even more disingenuous post. "Whitmore's last" came after the March 2 demarcation and his return as an outstanding sprinter started in New York in December.

Last edited by Kasept : 04-13-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
A disingenuous list (with no context to the starters).. and an even more disingenuous post. "Whitmore's last" came after the March 2 demarcation and his return as an outstanding sprinter started in New York in December.
There's nothing disingenuous about the list or post.
I wasn't one of the horsemen who went rolling to the top to complain about the milkshaking.
And it's not my problem if certain trainers are cheating.....I'm not saddling the horses.
And if you have a beef with the article/report I suggest you take it up with the Paulick report.
The article points in a certain direction,and it's no concern of mine which direction the finger is pointing.
Horse racing is full of cheaters,always has been.......it's the nature of the beast.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
There's nothing disingenuous about the list or post.
I wasn't one of the horsemen who went rolling to the top to complain about the milkshaking.
And it's not my problem if certain trainers are cheating.....I'm not saddling the horses.
And if you have a beef with the article/report I suggest you take it up with the Paulick report.
The article points in a certain direction,and it's no concern of mine which direction the finger is pointing.
Horse racing is full of cheaters,always has been.......it's the nature of the beast.
The list is disingenuous because it provides NO context to the starters. Plenty of outfits get winners in the first halves of meets and dwindle later as horses run out of conditions. And your post is particularly disingenuous singling out 'Whitmore's last' when it came during the enhanced protocol period.. you know, negating your premise.

Milkshaking certainly was going on and some barns obviously have been shown up, which is good. But as usual with this line of attack, there's just innuendo and supposition.

(And you conveniently avoided any discussion of Whitmore's sequence of sprint starts which began in New York, a jurisdiction that's serious about it's testing.)
Old 04-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
The list is disingenuous because it provides NO context to the starters. Plenty of outfits get winners in the first halves of meets and dwindle later as horses run out of conditions. And your post is particularly disingenuous singling out 'Whitmore's last' when it came during the enhanced protocol period.. you know, negating your premise.

Milkshaking certainly was going on and some barns obviously have been shown up, which is good. But as usual with this line of attack, there's just innuendo and supposition.

(And you conveniently avoided any discussion of Whitmore's sequence of sprint starts which began in New York, a jurisdiction that's serious about it's testing.)
To understand what's going on in this particular situation you have to understand how the Oaklawn Park management handled it.
Oaklawn Park Management (OPM for this post) was in a jackpot.......a nasty jackpot at that.
They had a major problem with horse doping on their hands,and they were in a tight spot........they admitted it.
And it was major.
Certain barns were running amok,shortcutting their way to the winners circle in a big way.
It became so bad that a pretty good chunk of horsemen went to OPM and gave them an ultimatum........either clean up your playground or we head to GP/FG next year and your meet turns to rubble.
OPM was on thin ice.......and they knew it.
They were desperate to get things proper.
So they took the unorthodox way out............they went public with the cheating.
OPM alerted all of the media outlets/wagering public and of course all the games insiders and let them know exactly what was going on.
OPM had decided to bite the bullet and acknowledge that the widespread doping was indeed going on under their watch,but they were going to clean it up one way or another.
The OPM knew exactly what was going to go down once they went public with the doping..........they opened up Pandora's box,knowing that the cheaters were going to get fingered because they had released enough information to the point where the dopers would eventually be identified.
OPM was basically/literally going to "shame" the cheating barns due to their actions.
The OPM knew articles/reporting by the likes of the Paulick report and chatter would appear and other horsemen would talk and it would be quite embarrassing for the barns that were shamed..........once again,they understood the exact consequences of their actions, and didn't care who they implied.
It's just that simple.
The course of action satisfied and made the honest horsemen happy........so they got it right.
Now.....
About trainer Ron Moquett,he was one of the trainers that was going to get nailed when OPM opened up pandors's box.
Oh well........that wasn't OPM......or my problem when I posted.
OPM didn't care about Moquett being shamed.........so why should I could care who does or doesn't like it if I imply such in a post.
To clear things up here concerning Moquett,certain things must be pointed out.
During the first 6-7 weeks of the meet Moquett had some horses run some suspiciously fast/great races.......and that's a stone cold fact,once again it's not my problem if Moquett had other horsemen screaming bloody murder to the OPM because he had horses doing spectacular things.......not just him,but other known shortcut barns.As a matter of fact,take a look at the Stake today.........Moquett had Rockshaw coming off of a suspiciously high career best figure,go off at 3/5 and barely finish the race.
Now.....before I start hearing the howls about what a great guy Moquett is,remember he's had hot tests in Kentucky & Delaware in the past.......so there's a bit of history going against him.
Look.......I don't know what's going to go on with Whitmore Saturday,like Declansharbor said he's going to be 1/5.........so he's more than logical to score.
But he's looked as good as a horse can look in his last couple.........just saying.
Once again........OPM pointed everybody in a certain direction,so don't shoot the messenger.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:25 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
...During the first 6-7 weeks of the meet Moquett had some horses run some suspiciously fast/great races.......and that's a stone cold fact...
"suspiciously" is a judgement, not a stone cold fact.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:40 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
To understand what's going on in this particular situation you have to understand how the Oaklawn Park management handled it.
Oaklawn Park Management (OPM for this post) was in a jackpot.......a nasty jackpot at that.
They had a major problem with horse doping on their hands,and they were in a tight spot........they admitted it.
And it was major.
Certain barns were running amok,shortcutting their way to the winners circle in a big way.
It became so bad that a pretty good chunk of horsemen went to OPM and gave them an ultimatum........either clean up your playground or we head to GP/FG next year and your meet turns to rubble.
OPM was on thin ice.......and they knew it.
They were desperate to get things proper.
So they took the unorthodox way out............they went public with the cheating.
OPM alerted all of the media outlets/wagering public and of course all the games insiders and let them know exactly what was going on.
OPM had decided to bite the bullet and acknowledge that the widespread doping was indeed going on under their watch,but they were going to clean it up one way or another.
The OPM knew exactly what was going to go down once they went public with the doping..........they opened up Pandora's box,knowing that the cheaters were going to get fingered because they had released enough information to the point where the dopers would eventually be identified.
OPM was basically/literally going to "shame" the cheating barns due to their actions.
The OPM knew articles/reporting by the likes of the Paulick report and chatter would appear and other horsemen would talk and it would be quite embarrassing for the barns that were shamed..........once again,they understood the exact consequences of their actions, and didn't care who they implied.
It's just that simple.
The course of action satisfied and made the honest horsemen happy........so they got it right.
Now.....
About trainer Ron Moquett,he was one of the trainers that was going to get nailed when OPM opened up pandors's box.
Oh well........that wasn't OPM......or my problem when I posted.
OPM didn't care about Moquett being shamed.........so why should I could care who does or doesn't like it if I imply such in a post.
To clear things up here concerning Moquett,certain things must be pointed out.
During the first 6-7 weeks of the meet Moquett had some horses run some suspiciously fast/great races.......and that's a stone cold fact,once again it's not my problem if Moquett had other horsemen screaming bloody murder to the OPM because he had horses doing spectacular things.......not just him,but other known shortcut barns.As a matter of fact,take a look at the Stake today.........Moquett had Rockshaw coming off of a suspiciously high career best figure,go off at 3/5 and barely finish the race.
Now.....before I start hearing the howls about what a great guy Moquett is,remember he's had hot tests in Kentucky & Delaware in the past.......so there's a bit of history going against him.
Look.......I don't know what's going to go on with Whitmore Saturday,like Declansharbor said he's going to be 1/5.........so he's more than logical to score.
But he's looked as good as a horse can look in his last couple.........just saying.
Once again........OPM pointed everybody in a certain direction,so don't shoot the messenger.
Maybe Rockshaw bounced? He just needs more time between races per Ms Blacker on TVG yesterday. You realize she has been around horses her whole life and is married to Mr Blacker doesnt that make her an expert? Will see if Whitmore bounces or if he is just a good horse..
Old 04-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Cahokia Downs

Why in the world did they stick an allowance race between the Oaklawn Handicap and Arkansas Derby?????
Old 04-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITF View Post
Why in the world did they stick an allowance race between the Oaklawn Handicap and Arkansas Derby?????
A Starter (!) ALW at that..