Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default NFL Draft

I haven't had the time yet to go on Youtube and watch those slick video cuts that show every snap a player takes in a game.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp2RT5Ijsk

Buffalo, Tampa, and Denver seem to be the three teams who've improved most in the last few weeks.

I wonder where those three teams go in the first two rounds of the draft.

The Browns didn't make an effort to improve the last few weeks - in fact, they've let four starters walk.

The two other interesting teams are Carolina and Cincy. They both got lucky on QB's last year and have ammo to work with.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 AM
The Curragh

Broncos will try and get Still from Penn State with the hope he can fill in Bunkley's spot right away. Second round running back.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Broncos will try and get Still from Penn State with the hope he can fill in Bunkley's spot right away. Second round running back.
not if the Eagles grab Still!! he's going to be a good one.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

The Cleveland Browns have just been awarded two 6th round compensation picks as well as two 7th round comp picks.

I guess they get something in return for the starters they've let walk away this offseason.

What a huge draft for the Brownies!

Two 1st round picks.

A top 5 positioned 2nd round pick.

Two third round picks.

A 4th, a 5th, three 6th round picks, and three 7th round picks.

13 picks in all.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Bowie

yea,but they are stil the Browns!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Belmont Park

Default Browns / Bucs

Assuming Kalil is a lock at Minn, the Browns have a huge decision to make as they are going to be getting what could be considered a 2nd pick overall in a lot of years with the drafting of two QB's at 1-2.

What would be their primary focus? I believe that the Bucs will take whatever is the most value at 5 because they need help at the next three positions. Richardson has the potential to be the second coming of Purple Jesus, Blackmon in the back field with Vincent Jackson would be deadly (though that isn't exactly Schiano's MO), Claiborne is a huge need with Talib off to jail (again) Rhonde done, and Eric Wright just being the definition of suck.

I'd bet if Richardson is still there, the Bucs take him, if the Browns take him we go w/ Clairborne and Blackmon falls to either STL or JAX.

Now if the whole thing gets wacky and somehow Kalil is still there at 5, that is a lock.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
The Cleveland Browns have just been awarded two 6th round compensation picks as well as two 7th round comp picks.

I guess they get something in return for the starters they've let walk away this offseason.

What a huge draft for the Brownies!

Two 1st round picks.

A top 5 positioned 2nd round pick.

Two third round picks.

A 4th, a 5th, three 6th round picks, and three 7th round picks.

13 picks in all.
Would you go Blackmon, Richardson, or the LSU corner with their first-first rounder?? You would think with 13 picks, they would hit on many of them even in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Jerome Park

well the Eagles best O-lineman and maybe the best left tackle in the league, Jason Peters, ruptured his achillies today.

so now I see the birds drafting a tackle with their 1st pick
Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Would you go Blackmon, Richardson, or the LSU corner with their first-first rounder?? You would think with 13 picks, they would hit on many of them even in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.
is that morris claiborne? if so, he's a good one.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
I'd bet if Richardson is still there, the Bucs take him, if the Browns take him we go w/ Clairborne and Blackmon falls to either STL or JAX.

Now if the whole thing gets wacky and somehow Kalil is still there at 5, that is a lock.

Tampa Bay could be interesting next year. They quit so bad last year -- but they're one season removed from a playoff caliber team and they went bonkers in free agency.

I agree they probably get Trent Richardson. They have two very high paid guards -- they can pound the football inside with both Richardson and Blount...set up play action and deep passes to Vincent Jackson.

If Tim Tebow proved one thing -- it's that as long as you can pound the ball between the tackles you can freshen up your own defense and get that edge late in the 4th quarter of games.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
well the Eagles best O-lineman and maybe the best left tackle in the league, Jason Peters, ruptured his achillies today.

so now I see the birds drafting a tackle with their 1st pick
and it's Still to the Broncos!!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

The Vikings appear to be positioning themselves to trade down instead of taking Kalil. Hard to know if they're posturing or serious.

Everyone is assuming the Browns are going to take Richardson...I'm not so sure. I think they want to trade down again.

The Bucs would be foolish to jump up to #3 and take Richardson - but waste a perfectly good high 2nd or 3rd round pick to do it.

My gut feeling is that the Browns want to trade down again. The Bills and Cardinals desperately need a tackle...if the Vikings move from 3 to 5 ... it would be funny as hell if the Browns move out of #4 and trade that pick to Buffalo for the 10th pick, and a 2nd round sweetner.

It's probably a 1,000/1 longshot ... but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bucs get Richardson at #3 - the Bills get Kalil at #4 and the Vikings taking Claiborne at #5.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Jerome Park

Today is the big day!!

Eagles pick 15th.. I'd LOVE to see either Fletcher Cox, Mike Barron or Luke Kuechly fall to that spot. If all are off the board at 15, I'd like to see a DT taken, like Devon Still or or Michael Brockers.

In the 2nd round I'd like to see Janoris Jenkins and Zach Brown (if we dont get Luke)

Mid round guys I'd like to see on the Birds.. Juron Criner (U of A guy.. big WR with excellent hands) and Bernard Pierce (RB from temple)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

I can't believe the new consensus going around is that Justin Blackmon isn't an elite player in this draft.

They're now saying this draft has five of them (Luck, RG3, Richardson, 4-Wonderlic LSU CB, and Kalil)

Blackmon won back-to-back Biletnikoff awards and no one could cover him over the middle of the field.

Oaklahoma State outdueled RG3's Baylor team and Luck's Stanford team (with 4 1st rounders) and Blackmon was the best player on the field both times.

He's not all that big and not all that straight line fast -- but he has that soccer player shift to him like Wes Welker and Victor Cruz (both undrafted) and he's got incredible hands, range, and body control like those two guys. To me, he's a bigger, stronger, faster Welker and Cruz.

Five years ago - Blackmon would be tagged as a great possession and YAC reciever - but now because of the ref re-positioning and the rules changes - his type of WR is absolutely allowed to get away with murder. How can you guard a guy like this when you're not allowed to touch him, hit him hard, and the middle is opened up by ref repositioning on top of everything else.

I like Blackmon. I like Kalil. To me, those are the only two sure bets in the Draft. Luck and Griffin are both media cumshots. Luck is very cerebral but his arm is avg. Griffin is track speed with a great release and good arm...but he lacks the cerebral approach and he is skinny and not a good runner with the football.

Mike Vick and Cam Newton were GREAT runners with the football in college. They made linebackers look like complete fools with jukes and vision ... Griffin runs like someone with no vision, no power, and no ball carrying moves.

Just my observation now that I've watched those cool game film videos.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Santa Anita

JEsus Christ, the Browns traded 3 picks to move up one spot. What an abortion of a franchise. they're so bad any player at any position helps them.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
JEsus Christ, the Browns traded 3 picks to move up one spot. What an abortion of a franchise. they're so bad any player at any position helps them.
Not too shabby considering they thought they were going to get leapfrogged for the best runner in the draft.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Del Mar

RG3! Go Skins!!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Today is the big day!!

Eagles pick 15th.. I'd LOVE to see either Fletcher Cox, Mike Barron or Luke Kuechly fall to that spot. If all are off the board at 15, I'd like to see a DT taken, like Devon Still or or Michael Brockers.

In the 2nd round I'd like to see Janoris Jenkins and Zach Brown (if we dont get Luke)

Mid round guys I'd like to see on the Birds.. Juron Criner (U of A guy.. big WR with excellent hands) and Bernard Pierce (RB from temple)
If we draft Still i'll throw up. I want NO parts of him
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Rg3! Go Skins!!!!!
Cant wait to see him against an ACTUAL defense. You can haaaaaaaa daaaaaaat.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Not too shabby considering they thought they were going to get leapfrogged for the best runner in the draft.
Who cares?? They stink, they need a ton of players. Richardson won't do much for them. I feel bad for him. running backs can be picked up off the street....Arian Foster for example.