Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2019, 02:46 PM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 6/15 @ Churchill

Most of Saturdays players were "in the dark" at Churchill Saturday save for 3 and they put on a
spirited contest. No monster hits this week but 4 winning wagers recorded and 3 players hit the
points board. Joly B takes the 3rd spot with a trifecta hit in race 7 worth $142.80. JB in 2019 has
hit the cashing board more than anyone else with 10 top 4 finishes in the ROI. Cruzan was the
only player to hit two winners and got back $250 for his win and show wager. Anybody else
remember He Hate Me from the defunct XFL? This weeks winner was the hard charging Cal.
Cal828 played a $5 tri in race 5 and was rewarded with a nice $23.85 for the 50 cent payout. He
started the year slow but is clawing his way closer to the break even point with a lot of time left.
I and a few others lately can't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo. Our resident researcher Ruffian
will have to explain where and why this saying originated. Following are the unofficial results
pending a fumble on the fair catch. Oh wait, the XFL didn't allow fair catches so the results
are unofficial until the booth review shows I didn't mess up. See you all next week wherever
Roamin ships us. Congrats on your ROI win Cal. Nicely played.

WIN... Cal828... +$138.50... R5 $5 tri 6//2,3//1,2,3,4,5 $23.85 X 10... $238.50

PLACE... Cruzan... +$125.00... R3. 7 $25 Show $4.20 X 12.5... $52.50
R9. 5 $25 Win $13.80 X 12.5... $172.50

SHOW... Joly B... +$42.80... R 7: $17 tri: 3 / 2,5 / 2,5 $4.20 X 34... $142.80

Don Guido -$96.00

El Prado -$100.00

Roamin -$100.00

Ruffian -$100.00

Plenilune -$100.00

Real Quiet -$100.00

Indian Hemp -$100.00
Old 06-17-2019, 03:23 PM
The Curragh

RQ
Your wish is my command

couldn't hit a bull on the ass with a banjo"

"... one edifying thought experiment (there are many such) consists of William Tyndale paying a tumultuous visit to Tyndale House, publishers of the inane Left Behind series. One pictures broken windows, crying secretaries, sirens, a major scene, an arrest, and a board meeting the next day with the suits and haircuts trying to decide if they should press charges against this very troubled man.

At the end they decide to just make him pay for the damage he did to the sign out front -- the sign that had his name on it.

This is an obvious point, but a certain kind of mind still misses it.
This is because a certain kind of mind couldn't hit a bull on the ass with a banjo"

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com
Old 06-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFIAN-333 View Post
RQ
Your wish is my command

couldn't hit a bull on the ass with a banjo"

"... one edifying thought experiment (there are many such) consists of William Tyndale paying a tumultuous visit to Tyndale House, publishers of the inane Left Behind series. One pictures broken windows, crying secretaries, sirens, a major scene, an arrest, and a board meeting the next day with the suits and haircuts trying to decide if they should press charges against this very troubled man.

At the end they decide to just make him pay for the damage he did to the sign out front -- the sign that had his name on it.

This is an obvious point, but a certain kind of mind still misses it.
This is because a certain kind of mind couldn't hit a bull on the ass with a banjo"
I'm afraid that I don't understand the reference from the Dave Wainscott blog.

Always thought that this idiom generally referred to someone who was falling down drunk, or otherwise unable to hit something as large as the bull's behind with something equally large such as a banjo or a base fiddle.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Havre de Grace

I suspect that the origin of the expression, unless it was uttered by some famous person like Shakespeare or used in the Bible, has probably been lost. I guess it could be attributed to that prolific writer of poetry and sayings referred to as Anonymous.

On another subject, not my call, but I'd like to suggest Monmouth for this coming weekend's venue as it has 3 graded stakes and I wonder, if we could also tack on the Ohio Derby?
Old 06-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

I don't have much influence, but that sounds good to me!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:37 PM
The Curragh

TIZ ROAMIN’s DECISION WAS WHERE TO ROAM + ROCK

Tho ... Suggestions Are always good
because sometimes we can be unaware of a good venue
because of the website we choose to read

WEB SITE LINK => www.RUFFIAN333.com