Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Saratoga

Kranji trackwork -

Monday, 11 May 2015 | From the Singapore Turf Club

SINGAPORE AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CUP

Cooptado (SG) – Patrick Shaw

Cantered two laps of Track 2 (Polytrack) under jockey Barend Vorster.

“He’s a great pleasure to ride. Horses like this make my job easier,” said jockey Barend Vorster.

“I saw his last race in Dubai (last in Dubai Gold Cup over 3200m). It was too far. He was a colt then, got worked up before the race and was in a lather of sweat.

“His two previous runs were better. He seems to be a horse who can run with the pace and take a sit as well.

“He’s already done some pacework on Thursday and had a very good grass gallop on Saturday over 1200m. He just had an easy canter over two laps today.”

Trainer Patrick Shaw has been keeping an eye on his new Dubai recruit since landing on May 2, straight from Dubai trainer Doug Watson. The South African mentor said he was still trying to learn more about the horse.

“I wanted to see him and that’s why I had him in early. As he has not raced since that Gold Cup run, I wanted to put more speed into him,” said Shaw.

“The two miles were too far for him. The owners wanted to send him here after that race, but he had to be gelded first.

“Doug doesn’t weigh his horses. That’s why I don’t really know if he has put on or lost weight since coming here.

“I wished I knew as that would have told me if I am doing too much or too little. But going with what I see, the weight seems to have levelled out and he looks in good shape.”

Smoking Sun (FRA) – Pascal Bary

Trotted and cantered up and down Track 4 with track rider Patrick Lemagny in the saddle.

“We learn from experience. Last year, he wouldn’t work on the main tracks,” said track rider Patrick Lemagny.

“He’s not going to come out at all on the main tracks this year. He was happy doing his own little thing down those parallel tracks at the back (Track 4).

“He just cantered this morning and looked in impeccable order. I may give him a slight squeeze down the same track either on Thursday or Friday, pretty much like last year.

“Besides he’s already done his main work in Chantilly and just had a run in Hong Kong around three weeks ago (10th in Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup on April 26).

“Not sure what went wrong in Hong Kong. Hopefully, he can put in the same run he put in the SIA Cup last year (second to Dan Excel).”
Meiner Frost (JPN) – Noboru Takagi

Trot and slow canter on turf (Track 1) under track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata.

“He’s had his last strong gallop at Miho before he left Japan and we just want to keep him happy here,” said Noboru Takagi’s assistant-trainer of eight years, Satoshi Munakata.

“It’s his first time travelling and he seems to have taken to it quite well. He did not lose any weight even after it took him 14 hours door-to-door to reach his Singapore stables.

“Yesterday, he had a 1 ½ lap of steady canter and today he just had a trot and some slow canter on the turf track. He was looking around and taking it all in.

“He will probably have a gallop either on Wednesday or Thursday.”

Dan Excel (HK) – John Moore

Warmed up with a hand walk around the sand-ring before going out for one lap of canter on Track 2.

Last year’s SIA Cup winner looked in great shape when he was taken for one lap of canter around Track 2 (Polytrack). His track rider Yeung Kai-tong had him under a good hold throughout as he finished his piece of work without being asked to do too much.

Military Attack (SIA Cup) & Lucky Nine (KrisFlyer) (HK) – Caspar Fownes

Lucky Nine warmed up on Track 4 before heading out to Track 2 for a slow canter, with track rider Danny Suen up while Military Attack was just hand-walked around the sand ring and did not come out on the training tracks.

“We brought Lucky Nine out for a slow canter after his slow walk,” said stable representative Paul.

“He lost about 10 pounds since touching down from Hong Kong on Saturday morning. But his weight has returned to normal now.

“Military Attack was hand-walked for 45mins in the sand-ring before retiring to his stables, as instructed by the boss (trainer Casper Fownes).

“He too has lost some weight. Since Saturday he has been eating well and now his weight has returned to normal.

“The boss will be arriving tomorrow and we will know both their schedules for the next few days.”

Free Port Lux (FRA) – Freddy Head

One lap of trot (1000m) and one lap of canter (1200m) on Track 2 (Polytrack) under track rider Philippe Bruneau.

“For a first time overseas, I would say he has travelled very well. He didn’t lose any weight on the way here, but he is a horse who can be quite nervous,” said track rider Philippe Bruneau.
“He was all switched on when we landed on Saturday night. Once he works, he is okay. He is actually a very nice horse to work with.

“Yesterday (Sunday), we just walked him around his stable. He was still settling in and didn’t need to see the tracks.

“He carries a bit of condition and is a little fresh as you would expect. He ran well at his first-up race (fifth in the Group 2 Prix d’Harcourt on April 6), nothing too taxing and that race has done him the world of good.”

Johnny Guitar, Quechua, Slew Of Lode (SIA Cup) & Magneto (KrisFlyer) (SG) – Patrick Shaw

Patrick Shaw’s SIA Cup trio of Johnny Guitar, Quechua and Slew Of Lode all came out for a two-lap spin on Track 2 (Polytrack) while Magneto with race-rider Nooresh Juglall up came out for a gallop on the turf (Track 1) but going the opposite way, running the last 600m in 34.3secs.

“It was an easy day for the three SIA Cup horses today as they all trialled well on Thursday,” said trainer Patrick Shaw.

“I’m happy with all of them. Quechua trialled really good and galloped well on Saturday. Magneto had his gallop today while the rest will do it tomorrow and that would be it.”

Jockey Nooresh Juglall reported all was sweet with Magneto after his workout on the course proper.

“He galloped over 1000m on the grass the other way. I just clicked him up a little inside the last 600m,” said the Mauritian jockey who is at his first International Singapore meeting.

“I hope he maintains the same condition until raceday. I didn’t ride Slew Of Lode as he pulls like a train and is better handled by his track rider.”

Stepitup (SG) – Laurie Laxon

Cantered on Track 4 with track rider up.

“He did his usual routine before the races. He was the first one out bright and early at 6am and had a quiet canter on Track 4 and that was it,” said assistant-trainer Shane Ellis.

“He will be back on the Polytrack tomorrow and will have a gallop on Wednesday. He’s coming along very well.”

Wild Geese (SG) – Steven Burridge

Cantered one lap over Track 3 (sand track) with track rider up.

“He’s fit as a fiddle. He’s come on well from his last run (fourth in QEII Cup),” said trainer Steven Burridge.

“He just had an easy time on the Hong Kong track (Track 3) this morning and will gallop on the Polytrack either tomorrow or Wednesday. All is going to plan and we’re doing what we can do to bring him to his peak.”

KRISFLYER INTERNATIONAL SPRINT

Aerovelocity (KrisFlyer) – Paul O’Sullivan

Cantered one lap on Track 2 (Polytrack) under track rider Pierre Ng.

“He’s still a little shy on the track,” said track rider Pierre Ng. “The track is similar to Hong Kong’s, so it should not be long before he gets used to it. It’s not as bad as the Japan track.

“His current weight is similar to his Hong Kong weight and I believe he has settled in very well.”

Rich Tapestry (HK) – Michael Chang

Slow canter on Track 2 (Polytrack) with track rider Sit Shun-keung astride.

Hong Kong trainer Michael Chang was the first overseas trainer spotted at trackwork on Monday morning. As Rich Tapestry was put through a slow canter on Polytrack over 1600m, Chang shared his views on the well-travelled gelding.

“He’s a good traveller,” said Chang. “He did not lose any weight on the way here, still at 503kg which is his racing weight.

“He will do a good steady canter over 1600m on both Tuesday and Wednesday before going for a good breeze-up on turf on Thursday.”

Recalling Rich Tapestry’s last-start third in the Group 1 Dubai Golden Shaheen (1200m) on March 28, Chang felt the Holy Roman Emperor seven-year-old could have done better.

“In Dubai, he was a little unlucky. He jumped too quickly and had to run without cover for much of the race,” he said.

“He would have been better off taking a sit and then sprint.”

Hototo (BAH) – Fawzi Nass

Trotted and hacked on Track 6 with track rider Hussain Abdulla in the saddle.

“It’s his first time on the track and he was not used to the lights. We don’t work with the lights on in Dubai,” said assistant-trainer Nicolas Iguacel.

“Today, he just trotted and hacked for a couple of furlongs on the Polytrack down the back. He’s a sprinter, you know, and he was pretty keen.

“He’s done all his work back home – on the sand track at Al Quoz - and did a final gallop on Friday. We’re not going to work him too much here, just keep him happy.

“At his last start in Dubai, he missed the start and the race was over. If he jumps good, he will be in with a chance.

“He’s a horse who goes better when another horse is there to challenge him.”

El Padrino (SG) – Alwin Tan

Light work over 1000m on Polytrack.

“He’s pulled up okay after last Thursday’s trial and is still pretty fresh,” said trainer Alwin Tan.

“He’s lost a bit of weight, which is good. Initially, I planned to run him in two barrier trials, but Oscar (Chavez) told me it was not necessary.

“He will gallop with War Affair on the Polytrack on Wednesday.”

Emperor Max (SG) – Stephen Gray

Two laps of trot in the trotting ring (Track 5).

“He’s come on well. Let’s hope he doesn’t bleed again,” said trainer Stephen Gray in reference to his bleeding attack after his second-last start in November.

“All’s good with him. He will gallop tomorrow.”

Kiwi Karma (SG) – Michael Clements

Slow work on Track 4 with a track rider up.

“She’s not an easy horse to gauge. She doesn’t show much in her trackwork and as you know, there’s not much of her,” said trainer Michael Clements, who only took over Kiwi Karma at the end of last year.

“But on raceday, she turns into a lion. I can tell you she’s eating and drinking well and she’s happy.

“Tomorrow, she’ll work over 400m on the Polytrack, which is her standard gallop before her race.”

Zac Spirit (SG) – Cliff Brown

Trotted and cantered on uphill track.

“He just went up the hill without doing too much today,” said trainer Cliff Brown.

“He’s pulled up well from his last run (second in Lion City Cup). All’s good with him.”
Old 05-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Saratoga

From the Singapore Turf Club...

Kranji trackwork - Tuesday

12 May 2015 | Singapore Turf Club

Galloped on Track 1 under jockey Barend Vorster, reeling off the last 600m in 37.9secs.

“I was very happy with today’s gallop. He cantered from the 1600m and picked up on his gallop from the 800m,” said jockey Barend Vorster.

“It was a slightly longer gallop than Saturday’s where we cantered off from the 1200m.
He may have another small gallop on Thursday or Friday.”

Assistant-trainer Ricardo Le Grange, who has without fail been looking after Cooptado’s well-being and training since he landed on May 2 as well as continuing with his daily workout from 6am onwards, was delighted with the hit-out. Cooptado officially passed a New Registration trial on May 9 and is now qualified to race.

“It was a good gallop and he pulled up well. He’s nice and clean-winded,” said the South African horseman.

“The good thing is he has maintained his weight around 473-475kg. He was 472kg when he arrived.”

Trotted and cantered up and down Track 4 with track rider Patrick Lemagny in the saddle.

“We did the same thing this morning, just up and down the track round the back,” said track rider Patrick Lemagny.
“We trotted first, did some light canter till the tower, turned around and cantered a little quicker and did the same thing again.

“He’s getting better and better.”

Smoking Sun’s groom Frantz Laine added that the Smart Strike entire was in a better disposition than he was in Hong Kong where he recently ran unplaced in the Group 1 Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (2000m).

“He was not the same in Hong Kong. His head was down and he did not run well,” said Laine.

“But I noticed he was a lot happier here, more switched on. I think he remembers the place from last year (second to Dan Excel in the SIA Cup) and he knows he’s back.”

Walked one lap of Track 1 before moving to Track 2 where he did some strong canter in the last 600m under track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata.

“We are keeping his condition and that’s what our main objective is till raceday,” said track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata, who honed his craft in Ballydoyle, Ireland.

“Yesterday, he was looking around and I had him working a bit quicker to get his mind off the distractions. He was a lot more focused this morning, he is more used to the track already.

“He did some strong canter around 18 seconds per sectional (200m). Tomorrow, he is going on grass again and will probably do a quarter-gallop at good speed – around 70 seconds for five furlongs.”

Cantered with track rider Yeung Kai-tong up on Track 2 for 1 ½ laps, followed by 400-500m of trotting.

“He is doing well today with a relaxed canter on Track 2 (Polytrack),” said assistant-trainer George Moore.

“We plan to do something slow today and tomorrow, before going for a gallop on Thursday and Friday.”

Military Attack with track rider Paul Lo up and Lucky Nine with track rider Danny Suen up warmed up on Track 4 before both did a lap of easy cantering on Track 2.

Trainer Caspar Fownes arrived in Singapore last night (Monday) and was down at the tracks early this morning to watch Military Attack and Lucky Nine warm up and track their progress.

“It was a quiet, easy run today for both of them,” said Fownes.

“We medicated Military Attack’s legs yesterday. That is why he did not do much running at the track.
“No injuries, though. It is just the usual maintenance as they get older. It keeps the joints healthy. We have already run him on Sunday morning, so it’s not like he did not get a run-out.

“We are happy to be here, especially with Lucky Nine going for the hat-trick of Sprint titles. He is getting on in age and has just come off some substandard runs, but it doesn’t worry me.

“He has at least one good race left and let us hope this Sunday will be it.

“I will not be staying too long. I will be leaving on Wednesday so Man Kit-chiu (groom) will represent me for the draw on Thursday.”

One lap of trot and slow canter (1000m) and one lap of canter (1400m) on Track 2 (Polytrack) under track rider Philippe Bruneau, clocking 42.8secs for the last 600m.

“He’s doing well. He’s still a little nervous, but he’s not that bad,” said travelling lad Regis Barbedette.

“He is the sort who imagines things we don’t see – easily spooked, but not to the point he loses it completely.

“His weight is stable – 516 kilos and I will weigh him again tonight. (Trainer) Freddy (Head) will be at the track on Thursday.

“It will be the same routine tomorrow and we may give him a little wind-opener over 600m on Friday.”
Johnny Guitar, Quechua, Slew Of Lode (SIA Cup) & Magneto (KrisFlyer) (SG) – Patrick Shaw

Trainer Patrick Shaw’s Johnny Guitar (Barend Vorster) and Quechua (Corey Brown) galloped on Track 2 (Polytrack) over two laps to run the last 600m in 36.8secs while Slew Of Lode (Nooresh Juglall) also came out for pacework on Track 2 to clock the last 600m in 36 seconds. Magneto did not work after his gallop on Monday.

“Very happy with all of them, including Cooptado (see above),” said trainer Patrick Shaw.

“Johnny Guitar and Quechua did some canter and pacework over two laps on the Polytrack while Slew Of Lode (Nooresh Juglall) worked with In Fact a little later and did the same thing.

“That was it for them, except for Cooptado who may have one more gallop on turf. He needs a bit more than the rest.”

Two laps of cantering on Track 2 (Polytrack), with another two laps in the pool later in the afternoon.

“He looks good this morning,” said assistant-trainer Shane Ellis. “He will swim another two laps in the afternoon.

“We will progress to galloping on the Polytrack tomorrow.”

Trotted and cantered over two laps on Track 2 with Julie Burridge up.

“Just gave him a quiet morning, trot and canter on Track 2 twice,” said trainer Steven Burridge.

“He will have a gallop tomorrow. His work is good and his fitness is 100%.”

Cantered 1 ½ laps on Track 2 under assistant-trainer cum track rider Pierre Ng.

“He is feeling much better today,” said assistant-trainer cum track rider Pierre Ng. “He is not as shy, is starting to feel the track better and is more confidently speeding up too.

“We did a canter today for 1 ½ laps on Track 2 (Polytrack).

“We are looking to do a fast gallop on Thursday, but will have to wait for the boss to see if that will be done on the grass or Track 2.”

Slow canter over a lap on Track 2 with track rider Sit Shun-keung astride.

“He has been eating well these past few days. All has been good,” said Rich Tapestry’s stable representative Irving Chan.
“We did a slow canter on Track 2 (Polytrack), just like yesterday.”

Track rider Sit Shun-keung said trainer Michael Chang had handed over the reins to the ground crew until race night.

“Michael will not be in today but he has left instructions on the trackwork to be done for Rich Tapestry for the next few days,” said Sit.

Trotted and hacked on Track 6 with track rider Hussain Abdulla in the saddle.

“He did a bit of the same thing as yesterday, slow canter, but a little longer,” said assistant-trainer Nicolas Iguacel.

“He was a little more relaxed this morning, but he’s a typical sprinter, always on his toes, especially if he sees the starting gates.

“We’re playing it by ear with him. He’s kept on improving, and to me he is ready to run tomorrow.

“I’m still deciding whether I will take him to the parade ring for some schooling. We’ll see.”

Slow canter over a lap on Track 3 (sand track).

“He did slow work on the Hong Kong track today,” said trainer Alwin Tan. “This is to keep him fresh for tomorrow’s gallop practice.

“For pre-race runs, I like to run them clockwise to balance out their muscle development.

“It is good to see him sweat it out because I am worried about him getting tied-up, which has happened before.

“Tomorrow he will go for his workout early, around 6.30am to the Polytrack on Track 6.”

Trot and canter on Track 3 under track rider.

“I just gave him a trot and canter around the Hong Kong track (sand track) for one round this morning,” said trainer Stephen Gray.

“His last gallop on Saturday was good, good for him as he’s a lazy horse. His fitness and form is 100%.

“We’re planning to gallop him, breeze-up the hill tomorrow.”

Galloped on Track 2 with track rider up, sprinting up twice.

“It’s the same pre-race gallop she has done for me in the four starts she has had for me,” said trainer Michael Clements.
“She went very well. I’m very pleased with the way she galloped so easily.

“She pulled up good and was hardly blowing. I’ll just give her slow work from now till raceday.”

Galloped on the turf (Track 1) but going the opposite way with track rider up, running the last 600m in 34.1 secs.

“He did a gallop over half a mile on the grass this morning,” said trainer Cliff Brown.

“That is his regular Tuesday routine the week he runs. Everything’s fine with him.”
Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Saratoga

Kranji trackwork - Wednesday

13 May 2015 | Singapore Turf Club

Cantered over one lap of Track 2 under jockey Barend Vorster.

“He’s feeling really good. He is starting to have a bounce to his steps,” said jockey Barend Vorster.

Trainer Patrick Shaw was up early at the International stables to run his eyes over his new Dubai import and was satisfied with what he saw, though a little worry still weighs on his mind.

“That was a nice workout. I’m just a bit worried about his weight,” said the South African mentor.

“He eats very well during the day, but for some reason I can’t explain, his weight keeps fluctuating. But otherwise, I can’t fault his condition, he’s all good.”

Trotted and cantered up and down Track 6 with track rider Patrick Lemagny in the saddle.

“We decided to do something slightly different today by going on Track 6 instead of Track 4 because it is longer,” said track rider Patrick Lemagny.

“But he did the same trot, “galop de chasse” (light canter) and then came back cantering – just a little longer.
“It’s all just maintenance routine from now till the race. He’s not a showy horse but he is happy in himself, eating and drinking well.”

Did some paddock schooling, then walked one lap of Track 2 before moving to the turf track (Track 1) where he did what his track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata calls a “quarter-gallop” before sprinting up the last 600m in 34.7 seconds.

“He did look around a little, but he was quite focused and went at a good speed this morning,” said track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata.

“He doesn’t need cheekpieces or blinkers, but wears a shadow roll as he tends to drop his head. We want him to hold his head up.

“He also went to the parade ring and had a good look around.”

Trotted over 400-500m with track rider Yeung kai-tong aboard, followed by 1 ½ laps of light canter on Track 2.

“We did the same programme as yesterday,” said assistant-trainer George Moore. “Just some trotting followed by cantering on the Polytrack.”

“We will be galloping tomorrow, although we are still undecided on which track.

“My dad will be coming tonight. We will probably decide on the track then, amongst other things.
“Dan Excel is doing very well. He’s probably in a better state of preparation now than he was last year.”

Both Lucky Nine (Danny Suen) and Military Attack (Paul Lo) cantered over two laps on Track 2.

“They cantered on Track 2 (Polytrack) for a couple of laps,” said trainer Caspar Fownes.

“Nothing too strenuous.”

One lap of trot and slow canter (1500m) and one lap of canter (1400m) on Track 2 (Polytrack) under track rider Philippe Bruneau, clocking 42.2 seconds for the last 600m.

“He worked very well this morning,” said travelling lad Regis Barbedette.

“He is in super condition. He is also eating and drinking well and everything has gone well for him.”

Trainer Patrick Shaw’s SIA Cup trio of Johnny Guitar, Quechua and Slew Of Lode all had a rest day and walked while his KrisFlyer runner Magneto with race-rider Nooresh Juglall up cantered on the uphill track.

“He worked very well this morning. The horse is back to his best shape and I hope it stays that way until raceday,” said race-rider Nooresh Juglall.

Galloped on Track 2 with apprentice jockey Rueven Ravindra up, alongside Huka Falls, stopping the clock at 33.9 seconds for the last 600m.

“He did even time from the 1000m with Huka Falls and ran home in the last 600m. He was brilliant and I am very happy with him,” said assistant-trainer Shane Ellis.

“His fitness is 100%, couldn’t be better. Today is his final gallop, he will go for a swim tomorrow and do steady work for the next two days after.”

Trotted and cantered over two laps with senior track rider Mick Lockett up on Track 2, clocking 38 seconds for the last 600m.

“He went 1000m even time and the last two furlongs in 25 secs,” said trainer Steven Burridge.

“It was a “winning workout”, I was very pleased with him. This is his final gallop and the plan is to go quiet for the rest of the week.

“He will probably go for a trot and canter tomorrow as he does not swim. His fitness is good, around 100%, I hope.”

Slow canter over one lap on Track 2 with assistant-trainer cum track rider Pierre Ng aboard.

“He has been sleeping well and eating well,” said assistant-trainer cum track rider Pierre Ng. “He is quite ready for the race.

“Compared to the Japan tracks, the Singapore track is more similar to the Hong Kong ones. If you include other similarities like the climate, it’s definitely easier for the horse to acclimatise here.

“He is still a little fidgety at the start of the session and it can be tough to mount him. But he is like that in Hong Kong as well, so it can be considered a good thing that he is behaving like his usual self.

“(Trainer) Paul (O’Sullivan) will be here tomorrow morning to oversee the trackwork.”

Did some paddock schooling before heading out for a slow canter over one lap on Track 2 with track rider Sit Shun-keung astride.

“There’s no change in the routine,” said track rider Sit Shun-keung. “Just a round of slow canter on Track 2 (Polytrack).

Trotted and hacked on Track 6 before cantering back with track rider Hussain Abdulla in the saddle.

“He just went a little quicker today. He trotted all the way down and cantered back,” said assistant-trainer Nicolas Iguacel.

“That’s it for him. He doesn’t need to do much, as usual, he’s trotted and walked for 20 minutes before he came out.

“I would like him to stay at the weight he is at now. That would be ideal.

“He’s come on in a good way. He’s eating well, more than in Dubai actually.

“Fawzi will be here tomorrow morning and we may then get the horse to stretch on the grass tomorrow. We’ll see.”

Clocked evens on Track 2 before quickening over 400m with race-rider Oscar Chavez up, running the last 600m in 35.5 seconds.

“I was quite happy with the gallop considering he has been away for so long, plus he had a barrier trial last Thursday. He was pretty fresh,” said trainer Alwin Tan.

“I only needed him to sprint up the last bit. He’s a sit-and-wait horse and does not need to go too fast.
“After today, I may send him for a swim tomorrow and it will be all light work until Saturday.

“He is almost ready. My only worry is the turf and the distance which is a bit short – he needs more ground.”

Cantered on the uphill track with apprentice jockey Ruzaili Yatim up.

”He just had an easy time on the hill, went up twice,” said assistant-trainer Peter Hutton.
“He looks fit and well.”

Long hand walk at the stables

“She had a good hit-out yesterday and she just had a long walk at the stables today,” said trainer Michael Clements.

“Work’s done with her. We’ll just keep her happy till Sunday.”

Went for a swim.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Saratoga

Singapore Airlines International Cup 2015 Post Position Draw

HORSE NO. HORSE NAME BARRIER NO.
1 MILITARY ATTACK 3
2 DAN EXCEL 10
3 MEINER FROST 8
4 SMOKING SUN 1
5 JOHNNY GUITAR 4
6 QUECHUA 7
7 STEPITUP 9
8 COOPTADO 6
9 FREE PORT LUX 2
10 SLEW OF LODE 5
11 WILD GEESE 11

KrisFlyer International Sprint 2015 Post Position Draw

HORSE NO. HORSE NAME BARRIER NO.
1 LUCKY NINE 2
2 AEROVELOCITY 3
3 RICH TAPESTRY 6
4 EL PADRINO 9
5 ZAC SPIRIT 5
6 EMPEROR MAX 1
7 MAGNETO 8
8 HOTOTO 7
9 KIWI KARMA 4

Of the very good locals (cause I think ALL of them are) I think Quechua and Zac Spirit have a great chance of grabbing a piece of it. I always root for the HK kids (and, especially, Lucky Nine who is going for his 3rd win here and is just an amazing iron horse) but yeah... these local runners are a good bunch this time around.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
Super One is an awfully nice 2YO!!!

Two from two now... this is his win yesterday...

http://www.turfclub.com.sg/MediaCent...Videos&index=0

http://www.turfclub.com.sg/Racing/Pa...eResult/3596/5
On his Golden Horseshoe win...

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/en...e-story-332985
Old 05-16-2015, 08:58 AM
Saratoga

Another nice win for Affleck...

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/s....aspx?id=80605

Hope Aerovelocity keeps it together... just read about some of his antics.

Happy race day everyone and come home safe, kids.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Gulfstream Park

Race 3:
#15 Red Sapphire: Poly last out and not too far off the two prior starts over the distance in this class. Now draws inside with Prebble. 10-1 looks juicy.
#11 Military Alliance: Has been close and now gets Purton.
#2 Bob: Magic Man should put him right on the lead but has been run down his last few.
#12 Well Done: Progressing well and can go close again on the step up.

Race 5:
Can't claim to know much about the class/conditions of these races, but #9 Smart Idea was 4th when last seen in this specific class and gets the upgrade to Rodd. 10-1.

Race 7:
#13 Cheetah On Fire: Has proven ability over the mile and gets is super low in the weights. Worth a chance at 15-1.
#10 Gold Rustle: A bit hit and miss, but good record over the distance and has drawn well. 20-1.

Race 9 - Krisflyer Sprint:
#2 Aerovelocity: Fantastic trial shows he's still in top form after the Japan trip. Tough to beat.
#7 Magneto: Progressing 4yo won in a slick time three back. Faded on the poly two starts ago and couldn't handle the wet when missing the start. Dangerous frontrunner at 100-1.
#6 Emperor Max: 2nd last year and clearly needed the run last out even though it was a great third. Great draw on the rail.
#9 Kiwi Karma: 3yo filly took the lead and just got nailed late against these locals. Should continue to improve.
I don't know if #5 Zac Spirit is this class but never count out Moreira...

Race 10 - Singapore Airlines International Cup
#3 Meiner Frost: Got the win last time against much lesser but has reportedly caught the eye since arriving.
#1 Military Attack: Dominated two years ago with an inside run and was less effective last year with a wide draw. Back to the inside this time and ignore the last---passed a late vet exam.
#9 Free Port Lux: Never been too fond of this one but can't disrespect the connections. The slight give in the ground will suit.
#2 Dan Excel: Had a setback over the latter part of 2014. Loves the track but has it tough from the outside gate.
Won't be putting much on this as it looks quite chalky. Raiders dominate this race and those are the ones in the betting. No horse in the relatively short history of the race has won it twice. Not a confident pick with the Japanese runner but wanted to go with something different.

Last edited by Kitan : 05-17-2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Saratoga

Aerovelocity wins, Lucky Nine 3rd.. and Dan Excel wins the Cup once again.

Replays on the site...
Old 05-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Race 3:
#15 Red Sapphire: 8th
#11 Military Alliance: 13th
#2 Bob: 2nd
#12 Well Done: 1st

Race 5:
#9 Smart Idea: 3rd

Race 7:
#13 Cheetah On Fire: 2nd
#10 Gold Rustle: 10th

Race 9 - Krisflyer Sprint:
#2 Aerovelocity: 1st
#7 Magneto: 8th
#6 Emperor Max: 2nd
#9 Kiwi Karma: 4th

Race 10 - Singapore Airlines International Cup
#3 Meiner Frost: 4th
#1 Military Attack: 2nd
#9 Free Port Lux: 5th
#2 Dan Excel: 1st
Top class from Aerovelocity...Dan Excel took advantage of the pace, but thought Military Attack and even Free Port Lux (given race complexion) ran just as well...

Used my last $10 bonus bet on TAB to hit the Tri in the Sprint for 55.55% (got back $30)...such a pain to reload that account so this was great!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
Top class from Aerovelocity...Dan Excel took advantage of the pace, but thought Military Attack and even Free Port Lux (given race complexion) ran just as well...

Used my last $10 bonus bet on TAB to hit the Tri in the Sprint for 55.55% (got back $30)...such a pain to reload that account so this was great!
Glad to hear it! Nice pick with Aerovelocity.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Saratoga

5th G1 for War Affair...

Replay:

http://www.turfclub.com.sg/MediaCent...Videos&index=0

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/i....aspx?id=81335
Old 07-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Saratoga

Will be awesome to see War Affair win the Derby tonight (and hoping that Quechua is right behind).

Also of note, Johnny Guitar, Wild Geese and Slew of Load in the 5th and Kiwi Karma, Flax, Flak Jacket, El Padrino and the Singapore debut of Albany Reunion in the 10th.

Ed's piece on the Derby...

http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...re-Derby-field
Old 07-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Saratoga

Quechua!

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/s....aspx?id=81667

Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Saratoga

Only follow here and there BUT here's the draw for the Singapore Gold Cup...

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/s....aspx?id=84246

My sentimental picks are Quechua and Wild Geese (terrible post position - won't happen here) but Stepitup is a serious horse and I don't know if they're all running for 2nd or not.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Saratoga

Don't pay too much attention to Singapore these days but oh... how nice to read about one of my favorites, the old warrior Huka Falls!

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/s....aspx?id=85249
Old 02-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Saratoga

Boom! ... and again, Huka Falls! Grand old warrior and "old marvel". Gotta love it!

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/s....aspx?id=85781
Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Saratoga

Sucks for War Affair (and yeah this should actually probably go in NZ but I guess I'll always consider him a Singapore runner)...

Setback for War Affair

http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...for-War-Affair
Old 03-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Saratoga

Not to pretend I know anything about anything here but why bring him back? After three years? Come on...

I shouldn't be a horrible person and immediately assume it's greed, but.....

On Rocket Man (yes, THE Rocket Man)...

One small step back at trials for Rocket Man

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/s....aspx?id=86575