Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Arlington Park

George Soros turned on his own people when he ran out of options.

If Trump is for real he's going to put ol' George in a position where his options are severely limited.

Don't be surprised when the funding dries up for the far left radicals and mysteriously goes to the polar opposite side.

From a rational point of view this would enable him to garner sympathy for the left again.

Going to be an interesting couple of years.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
. . .I crawled into bed and cried for reasons I still [can’t] quite put into words, falling asleep before the election was called.

In the morning, I woke up to a New York Times news alert and social media feeds filled with disappointment. The United States had democratically elected a man who, among so many other despicable qualities and policies, is accused of and boasts about committing sexual assault.

As a woman passionate about gender equality, women’s leadership, and ending sexual violence; as someone dedicated to the Clinton campaign and ready to make history; and, quite frankly, as a human being, I didn’t know how to process this.

I still don’t. I felt for my friends and anyone who feels that this result puts their safety and their loved ones’ safety at risk, acknowledging that I am not the person this outcome will affect the most.

I didn’t leave my room Wednesday morning. I sat and sobbed and I still have the tissues all over my floor to prove it. When I absolutely had to get up for class, I put on my “Dare to say the F-word: Feminism” t-shirt and my “A woman belongs in the House and the Senate” sweatshirt to make myself feel stronger. Still crying, I left my room.
http://dailyprincetonian.com/opinion...nger-together/

Politics as a substitute religion rarely brings much happiness.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Del Mar

Some of the liberals are actually starting to make sense for once. I never thought I'd see the day where I agreed with Michael Moore.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/mi...-racist-video/

And then Chris Matthews made a lot of sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVNI6UiHV4
Old 11-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Del Mar

If there was no voter fraud, Trump might have won the popular vote too. As it stands right now, it looks like Hillary won the popular vote by around 450,000 votes. It is estimated that approximately 5% of illegal aliens vote. So that is around 800,000 people. They vote democrat by a margin of about 4-1. So if 8000,000 illegal aliens voted, and they voted for Hillary by a margin of 4-1, that would net Hillary an extra 480,000 votes. Without those illegal votes, Trump may have won the popular vote. Here is a Washington Post article about this subject:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mber-election/
Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Del Mar

This woman should go to jail for child abuse. She threw her 7 year old son out of the house for voting for Trump in a mock election at school. The poor kid was scared to death and was crying hysterically.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/mom-inves...or-trump-vote/
Old 11-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
If there was no voter fraud, Trump might have won the popular vote too. As it stands right now, it looks like Hillary won the popular vote by around 450,000 votes. It is estimated that approximately 5% of illegal aliens vote. So that is around 800,000 people. They vote democrat by a margin of about 4-1. So if 8000,000 illegal aliens voted, and they voted for Hillary by a margin of 4-1, that would net Hillary an extra 480,000 votes. Without those illegal votes, Trump may have won the popular vote. Here is a Washington Post article about this subject:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mber-election/
The whole discussion of someone winning the popular vote, but losing the election is myopic and trite, not only for the obvious reasons, but simply because those were not the conditions under which the race is contested.

Take for example NY State Presidential Election Results:

Hillary Clinton Democrat 4,143,874 58.8%
Donald J. Trump Republican 2,640,570 37.5
Gary Johnson Libertarian 161,836 2.3
Jill Stein Green 99,895 1.4

The polls closed at 9:00pm, and by 9:01pm the had already called the state for Clinton.

Question - how many Republicans, knowing that their votes would have no impact, did not bother to vote?

Important to note that statewide, there are approx 11,500,000 active, registered voters.

Now, hypothetically, assume that they notified Republicans well in advance that this would be contested by Popular vote, then how many would have stayed home, now knowing their voices would actually be heard?

It is asinine to assume that the margin in victory is static. Yet, the MSM continues to drone on about it rather than report the facts.

Between California, New York, and Illinois alone, it is safe to assume numbers approaching 1 million Republicans didn't bother to vote because under the current electoral system and the state in which they reside, they know full well going in that their vote is meaningless.

In my opinion, were if the election were contested differently, Trump would have clearly won both the popular vote.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Belmont Park

Note from Canada: Mexico is open

Old 11-14-2016, 07:14 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Note from Canada: Mexico is open
How about Venezuela?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM
Belmont Park

More compassion for the "Love Trumps Hate" howling horde:

Apparently they actually don't give a sh.it who's "children are watching"

Funny thing - no one was fooled. We know them better than they know themselves.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:23 AM
Belmont Park

Daily hypocrisy reminder:

"Anyone not willing to accept the results of an election is a danger to our Democracy" ~ Hillary Rodham Clinton (2 weeks ago).
Old 11-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Santa Anita

Old 11-15-2016, 12:43 PM
Santa Anita

http://www.theonion.com/article/dnc-...ns-new-h-54707